July 10th contract teleforum call

Tony Q

So it wasn’t political to remove our original lead negotiator? I see how it works. It’s only political posturing if someone else does it.
Sean and Hoffa ran together three times. Sean wasn’t running for IBT GP officially until Hoffa fired him. Sean was whole heartedly for everything Hoffa for the last 12 years.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
At one time Hall ran against Hoffa, badmouthing one side and another. Sean strongly supported the last contract. Carey and Hall were running mates, did anybody show up to his funeral to show respect? There is a word called loyalty, which seems to be lacking when people get into any political arena. True people can change their convictions as they mature and find out hidden facts. I will give grace and hope most simply repented rather than looking out for Numbero Uno.

DirtySouth

If my memory serves me right, H kicked O to the curb before negotiations even started.

"...and I'm not satisfied with the results."

There were no results!

O'Brien was canned for PROPOSING that Zuckerman be appointed to the negotiating committee.

Todd T and Christie B likely had major input (Todd T, who has never worked as a Teamster, became Chief of Staff after Willie S went away after his IRO issues) and their influence is explained in O'Brien's letter to Hoffa.

DirtySouth

Sean and Hoffa ran together three times. Sean wasn’t running for IBT GP officially until Hoffa fired him. Sean was whole heartedly for everything Hoffa for the last 12 years.

And O'Brien was extremely motivated to get us a good TA because he wanted to be GP, even if he wasn't "officially" running for it.

Instead we got a second rate contract with one of the worst concessions in recent memory.

Tony Q

And O'Brien was extremely motivated to get us a good TA because he wanted to be GP, even if he wasn't "officially" running for it.

Instead we got a second rate contract with one of the worst concessions in recent memory.
You couldn't be farther from the truth. Sean wanted to get fired so that he wouldn't have his name attached to this contract. This was his plan all along. As far as this being a second rate contract, you should read it in its entirety first. I think you will be very surprised.

Fred should be in the top spot on that ticket that they have now, by the way. Fred isn't about intimidating members.

Tony Q

Thank you for proving my point.
That everything that Hoffa stood for Sean backed since Hoffa made him an international Vice President?
That everything Jim stood for that was both good and bad Sean was behind? Sean was a Hofficer? These are all well documented facts. Fred used to be a Hofficer until 2011, when Hoffa cut the cord. Then Fred stood up for what is right. Why does it take getting the cord cut to do what is right? Why, because its all about politics and money. Plain and simple.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
That everything that Hoffa stood for Sean backed since Hoffa made him an international Vice President?
That everything Jim stood for that was both good and bad Sean was behind? Sean was a Hofficer? These are all well documented facts. Fred used to be a Hofficer until 2011, when Hoffa cut the cord. Then Fred stood up for what is right. Why does it take getting the cord cut to do what is right? Why, because its all about politics and money. Plain and simple.
I'm telling them you told us stuff

brown_trousers

As far as this being a second rate contract, you should read it in its entirety first. I think you will be very surprised.

Surprised in what way? They have made some very large claims. They said "this agreement is among the very best ever negotiated for UPS members". That is quite a claim to live up to.

Maybe some of you guys that have been around a while, can let us know what the best contracts were. So we can know what improvements should be coming our way

Tony Q

Surprised in what way? They have made some very large claims. They said "this agreement is among the very best ever negotiated for UPS members". That is quite a claim to live up to.

Maybe some of you guys that have been around a while, can let us know what the best contracts were. So we can know what improvements should be coming our way
The proof will be in the details. When they are released you can be the final judge.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You don’t have to be locked into your ideology. People can change their mind and ideas. Loyalty is as good as the person that screws you. You will see so many Hofficers stay real close now in a chance to move up that ladder. Until Sean wins, then you’ll hear “We were with you all along!” I think Sean stated that long because it was an avenue to move up. Now the road has a fork in it. Hoffa went right, sean took a left. I liked my sisters boyfriend for years until he became a dick.

Tony Q

You don’t have to be locked into your ideology. People can change their mind and ideas. Loyalty is as good as the person that screws you. You will see so many Hofficers stay real close now in a chance to move up that ladder. Until Sean wins, then you’ll hear “We were with you all along!” I think Sean stated that long because it was an avenue to move up. Now the road has a fork in it. Hoffa went right, sean took a left. I liked my sisters boyfriend for years until he became a dick.

There is more respect for guys like Fred z or Matt T who stood their ground all along, in my opinion, but then again they all join the establishment in the end.

Future

Victory Ride
I'm telling them you told us stuff
mrw-my-drunk-friend-asks-me-for-his-car-keys-so-he-can-go-home-152419.gif