Juneteenth - A National Holiday?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I wonder how true all of this is because if there's one city in Texas that isn't Trump country it's Austin.
I wondered about that as well.
I imagine if you get out from the city much, it's typical (or stereotypical) Texas.
I stayed on the north side for a week and it was very mundane suburban environment.

cachmeifucan

People should be able to discuss this issue seriously. I'm all for making it a national holiday. It should be celebrated the day slavery ended. What a horrible thing. We all know Christopher Columbus didn't discover America. Which should still be a holiday. But we did conquer and develop the best country in the world. The winners write the books. Now the left is winning by trying to erase history. Just imagine having someone of color being your slave. Now picture our white ass. Slaving for a family of color and how degrading that was and to be perpetuated by racism today is still horrible. Planned parenthood is the biggest killer of African Americans. I'm a white conservative but my family came from England and Germany mid 1800, migrated to Ohio and Wisconsin so never owned a y slaves no white guilt here

cachmeifucan

Texas is a swing state austin, dallas, Houston, San Antonio. We have to make other states swing back to red in case. Like killinios with the mass exodus of people from Chicago and people being upset with our governor and mayor maybe trump can bring home Illinois. All the cops and families should vote trump. Hey we elected a fake Republican in Rauner.

fishtm2001

People should be able to discuss this issue seriously. I'm all for making it a national holiday. It should be celebrated the day slavery ended. What a horrible thing. We all know Christopher Columbus didn't discover America. Which should still be a holiday. But we did conquer and develop the best country in the world. The winners write the books. Now the left is winning by trying to erase history. Just imagine having someone of color being your slave. Now picture our white ass. Slaving for a family of color and how degrading that was and to be perpetuated by racism today is still horrible. Planned parenthood is the biggest killer of African Americans. I'm a white conservative but my family came from England and Germany mid 1800, migrated to Ohio and Wisconsin so never owned a y slaves no white guilt here
" But we did conquer and develop the best country in the world."
Educate yourself:

Serf

I'm a white conservative but my family came from England and Germany mid 1800, migrated to Ohio and Wisconsin so never owned a y slaves no white guilt here
But “we are all in this together.” “We can do Better.” The scope of your American heritage doesn’t get to be absolved or accredited based on when and where you and yours showed up at. These people hate you. They hate me.

fishtm2001

But “we are all in this together.” “We can do Better.” The scope of your American heritage doesn’t get to be absolved or accredited based on when and where you and yours showed up at. These people hate you. They hate me.
These people?

Serf

June 19th didn’t even have a Wikipedia page until 72 hrs ago. It’s like charades of physiological operations to demoralize the country into electing a dimwit. I wish I could have a conversation with my 3* Great Grandfather (Colonel) UNION Army. And discuss what is going on post civil war.

fishtm2001

June 19th didn’t even have a Wikipedia page until 72 hrs ago. It’s like charades of physiological operations to demoralize the country into electing a dimwit. I wish I could have a conversation with my 3* Great Grandfather (Colonel) UNION Army. And discuss what is going on post civil war.
Define "charades of physiological operations".

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Internet Research Agency (IRA; Russian.... is a Russian company engaged in online influence operations on behalf of Russian business and political interests.
  • 4 April: A rally is held in Buffalo, New York, protesting the death of India Cummings. Cummings was a black woman who had recently died in police custody. The IRA's "Blacktivist" account on Facebook actively promotes the event, reaching out directly to local activists on Facebook Messenger asking them to circulate petitions and print posters for the event. Blacktivist supplies the petitions and poster artwork.[64]
  • 16 April: A rally protesting the death of Freddie Gray attracts large crowds in Baltimore. The IRA's Blacktivist Facebook group promotes and organizes the event, including reaching out to local activists.[69]
  • 2 May: A second rally is held in Buffalo, New York, protesting the death of India Cummings. Like the 4 April rally, the event is heavily promoted by the IRA's Blacktivist Facebook account, including attempted outreach to local activists.[64]
  • 6–10 July: The IRA's "Don't Shoot" Facebook group and affiliated "Don't Shoot Us" website try to organize a protest outside the St. Paul, Minnesota, police headquarters on 10 July in response to the 6 July fatal police shooting of Philando Castile. Some local activists become suspicious of the event because St. Paul police were not involved in the shooting: Castile was shot by a St. Anthony police officer in nearby Falcon Heights. Local activists contact Don't Shoot. After being pressed on who they are and who supports them, Don't Shoot agrees to move the protest to the St. Anthony police headquarters. The concerned local activists investigate further and urge protesters not to participate after deciding Don't Shoot is a "total troll job." Don't Shoot organizers eventually relinquish control of the event to local organizers, who subsequently decline to accept any money from Don't Shoot.[114][115]
  • 10 July: A Black Lives Matter protest rally is held in Dallas. A "Blue Lives Matter" counterprotest is held across the street. The Blue Lives Matter protest is organized by the "Heart of Texas" Facebook group, controlled by the IRA.[77][73][71]
  • 16 July: The IRA's Blacktivist group organizes a rally in Chicago to honor Sandra Bland on the first anniversary of her death. The rally is held in front of the Chicago Police Department's Homan Square building. Participants pass around petitions calling for a Civilian Police Accountability Council ordinance.[116][117]
  • 20–26 September: BlackMattersUS, an IRA website, recruits activists to participate in protests over the police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina. The IRA pays for expenses such as microphones and speakers.[83]
  • 16 October: The IRA's Instagram account "Woke Blacks" makes a post aimed at suppressing black voter turnout.[103][104]
  • 22 October: A large rally is held in Charlotte, North Carolina, protesting the police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott. The IRA website BlackMattersUS recruits unwitting local activists to organize the rally.[121] BlackMattersUS provides an activist with a bank card to pay for rally expenses.[83]
  • 12 November: A Trump protest called "Trump is NOT my President" attracts 5,000–10,000 protestors in Manhattan who march from Union Square to Trump Tower. The protest is organized by the IRA using their BlackMattersUS Facebook account.[103][104]
And on and on and on....

Serf

As a mammal can you not feel when you’re being backed into a corner by larger prey? Go anywhere Online, TV, Sports, Media, everywhere you look. Browbeat the rank and file population. Like, what if for a second I just think the entire white race doesn’t have to be held accountable for what happened. And you just go on living your life. I’d be a dissident.

fishtm2001

As a mammal can you not feel when you’re being backed into a corner by larger prey? Go anywhere Online, TV, Sports, Media, everywhere you look. Browbeat the rank and file population. Like, what if for a second I just think the entire white race doesn’t have to be held accountable for what happened. And you just go on living your life. I’d be a dissident.
What was the highest level of education that you were able to complete?

What was the highest level of education that you were able to complete?
3o6wraf3EMOKbJGkcE.gif