Just curious what are the shipping rates like

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm trying to figure out how much money UPS makes off my labor every night when I'm loading these trailers by myself and how badly I'm getting screwed breaking my body for them.

We usually do around 1500 packages, a lot of heavy industrial stuff. I'll go conservative and say the average weight to be around 20 lbs (it's more). I'll even subtract 300 from the total packages for smalls.

1200 packages at an average weight of 20 lbs says I'm loading 24,000 lbs or 12 tons of freight by myself every night, all within an hour and a half. At the end of the day I'm taking home about $36 to do this.

I'm assuming that the big industrial accounts we have get some kind of discount rate for being daily customers. But does anyone have a rough estimate on how much money UPS is paid in shipping fees for 24,000 lbs of packages? I want to see how much it dwarfs my $36.
Don't forget to factor in the runner-gunners working like fools and sups getting more sweaty than a chain gang in July!

bbsam

Staff member
What are shipping rates like?

They are like an amount of money UPS charges to pick up and deliver packages from one place to another.