Just making sure I’m right and other driver is wrong about pay progression and being promoted.

GR33NEJeans

Local 177 here, Long story short: I started as a PT inside employee on preload. I got hired just before the new contract was passed in Sept 17’ and in Oct 20’ I was transferred into an 0300 position. Now here is where my question comes in. With me being with the company for 5 years, should I be at top-rate or at my 2nd year rate? The language is a bit choppy in the contract. I understand what red circle is and all that. Another driver that was hired as a 22.4, 2 years ago and just got in as an 0300 is saying that I should be at top rate just like he is at his second year rate after the “transfer”. I’ve educated myself on the contract a bit and am not reading section 41 as he is saying. But then again im not a paralegal and am dying inside the more I try to decipher. Thank you in advance to anyone able to help!

Brownwind

Local 177 here, Long story short: I started as a PT inside employee on preload. I got hired just before the new contract was passed in Sept 17’ and in Oct 20’ I was transferred into an 0300 position. Now here is where my question comes in. With me being with the company for 5 years, should I be at top-rate or at my 2nd year rate? The language is a bit choppy in the contract. I understand what red circle is and all that. Another driver that was hired as a 22.4, 2 years ago and just got in as an 0300 is saying that I should be at top rate just like he is at his second year rate after the “transfer”. I’ve educated myself on the contract a bit and am not reading section 41 as he is saying. But then again im not a paralegal and am dying inside the more I try to decipher. Thank you in advance to anyone able to help!
Your progression starts when you start your full time bid. Four years later you finish your progression and will be at top rate.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You have company seniority and full time seniority. Pay is based on your ft seniority for your 0300 position but your vacation and such is based on your company seniority.

Tanktoptony

Being a 22.4 or rpcd does not change how long your progression is. Progression is still four years the only change would be the rate of pay at each year in which you are in progression. If you move from 22.4 to rcpd at year 2, then you are year two progression at the rpcd rate now. You only go through progression 1 time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What did your Steward and/or BA say when you asked them?

Thebrownblob

1671040367207.gif