Keep your head in the sand

Indecisi0n

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if the OTR human driver trucking industry ceases to exist in 20 years.
Do you research and stop falling for click-bate articles. While I do agree that it will happen in the future its no where near where it needs to be to actually effect anyone working right now. There are so many variables involved when you read into it more.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's a lot of equipment to modify, purchase, or upgrade in 20 yrs.
20 years is a long time.

Companies aren’t afraid to spend money when given the chance to eliminate employees.

And maybe in 20 years there are still a few drivers but they certainly won’t be hiring new ones. They’ll be replaced as they retire with tech

Brownslave688

Do you research and stop falling for click-bate articles. While I do agree that it will happen in the future its no where near where it needs to be to actually effect anyone working right now. There are so many variables involved when you read into it more.
20 years is a long time. 20 years ago it took me 12 hours to download 2-3 songs on a computer. Now I can download an entire album on my phone in 5 minutes.

My guess is in 10 years you’ll start to see a large decline in new hires. They’ll mostly be replaced with tech. In 20 years a large portion of OTR runs will be made by driverless trucks.

As a 20 year old looking into truck driving as a career you’ve gotta think is this gonna be here in 30+ years or am I gonna be 45 looking to start a new career

Indecisi0n

20 years is a long time. 20 years ago it took me 12 hours to download 2-3 songs on a computer. Now I can download an entire album on my phone in 5 minutes.

My guess is in 10 years you’ll start to see a large decline in new hires. They’ll mostly be replaced with tech. In 20 years a large portion of OTR runs will be made by driverless trucks.

As a 20 year old looking into truck driving as a career you’ve gotta think is this gonna be here in 30+ years or am I gonna be 45 looking to start a new career
The technology is close and I agree would be ready before 20 years . The problem is people. For this fully automated system to work it has to be fully automated . You cannot mixed humans with technology and expect things to run smoothly it will never happen and lots of people would die. The largest obstacles would be trying to convince people to go out and replace their current cars with automated cars that can communicate with each other . We all know that process alone could take 20 years .

Brownslave688

The technology is close and I agree would be ready before 20 years . The problem is people. For this fully automated system to work it has to be fully automated . You cannot mixed humans with technology and expect things to run smoothly it will never happen and lots of people would die. The largest obstacles would be trying to convince people to go out and replace their current cars with automated cars that can communicate with each other . We all know that process alone could take 20 years .
For maximum safety and smoothness I agree but it’ll depend on who really wants it to happen.

If the right people want it to happen though it’ll be pushed through when considered “safe enough”

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
When I see a UPS drone fly over my head and a semi going down the road with no one in it then I’ll believe it...STAY STRONG UNION BROTHERS

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Right now they're limited to a few roads around Tampa and their eventual planned max operating speed is 55mph...that should make highway travel safer!

There is no information regarding the length of delivery for the original post but I would be shocked if it was more than 10 miles.