Ken Hs 2013 Healthcare comes back to bite him

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"A little different". Wrong answer dude. Apathy begets amnesia? 2 yr progression.(Better) benefits after 30 dys. Welcome to hoff's kitchen. Leftovers abound
Bro Dude..No apathy here ..Reality is such a great concept .
When you're young , you have to eat what Mommy gives you. In the kitchen , the menu only changes when you're big enough to confront the cook .

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It wouldn't be because a company "bought" them out. It's cheaper for companies to just buy the officials and do whatever they want while the members think they're being represented

That is called collusion, the DOL and DOJ would have an issue if proven. We all have to remind ourselves that the rank and file have the final sayso, unfortunately when only 30 percent of the members eligible to vote care anything can happen. This contract will be a hardsell considering most of us will be influenced with what happen with the last one.

History will repeat itself if we fail to learn from it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That is called collusion, the DOL and DOJ would have an issue if proven. We all have to remind ourselves that the rank and file have the final sayso, unfortunately when only 30 percent of the members eligible to vote care anything can happen. This contract will be a hardsell considering most of us will be influenced with what happen with the last one.

History will repeat itself if we fail to learn from it.

My remark was tongue in cheek, to a degree. Such things have happened, and I was voicing a thought that, I'm sure, a lot of union members have entertained.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My remark was tongue in cheek, to a degree. Such things have happened, and I was voicing a thought that, I'm sure, a lot of union members have entertained.

I know that, just what is happening with politics in Washington should tell us something. Corruption and back scratching is a common practice in every high position of power. I try to believe that there is a accountability factor somewhere or a universal law in effect, history does give us examples of sowing what you seed.

Inthegame

Just to clarify, the new generation does care. In the meeting that I attended hall could not answer a simple question about our local 175 healthcare plan. But, he knew the numbers for the proposal and informed us that it would go broke in 12 years. The local voted and realized that the proposal was doomed to fail. That is my opinion.
So what was the "simple" question?

BrownFlush

He could tell not us what retirees were paying for healthcare every month. But, he knew the stats for proposal that the union wanted to pass.
He knows exactly what retirees are paying every month as well as what the increase has been the last two years .

Inthegame

He could tell not us what retirees were paying for healthcare every month. But, he knew the stats for proposal that the union wanted to pass.
Some plans have retiree rates vary according to years of contributory service, so that might not be that easy of a question to answer as submitted.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Some plans have retiree rates vary according to years of contributory service, so that might not be that easy of a question to answer as submitted.
I understood "the question" to be specific to Local 175, in regards to their present plan (or lack thereof) and the proposal?

tomcat175

This all got started when some members went to KH and asked if there was any way to pay for their retiree healthcare when your making 100,000 a year instead of when your retired making 50,000 a year the plan would have cut 200 a month of your payment until you where 65 then 100 a month on stop gap coverage. This plan was only for fulltime UPS employees

BrownFlush

This all got started when some members went to KH and asked if there was any way to pay for their retiree healthcare when your making 100,000 a year instead of when your retired making 50,000 a year the plan would have cut 200 a month of your payment until you where 65 then 100 a month on stop gap coverage. This plan was only for fulltime UPS employees
Too bad it failed to pass .