Kept on after seasonal?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by laughingstock, Dec 16, 2018.

1. laughingstock

laughingstock New Member

I'm aware that this question has been asked and answered multiple times on this forum. I've read most responses varying from, "if you're a good pre-loader and helper you most likely will be kept." On the other hand a lot of you say the chance is very slim. That being said I want to ask about my situation and see what the veterans think. Small town, very rural area. It's pretty competitive to get into seems like but I've been on time every day and never been late once. I have doubled as a pre-loader and helper every single day pulling 50+ hours a week. I know all of this is speculation but according to the information I provided and everyone's experience, what is the likelihood I'll be kept after Dec. 25th/Jan.15th?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

no one knows here , ask some of your co-workers to get a better idea

3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Any minorities you can claim

4. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

In my rural one belt center, doing all that wouldn't get you a cup of coffee nevermind a job. Our guys have to make the donkeys squeal without losing a drop. If you can do that, I guarantee you they will keep you on long after peak and possibly offer you a more permanent position as a preload or dispatch supe.

5. laughingstock

laughingstock New Member

.5% African and the rest would be caucasian with a hint of native american. Does this help?

6. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

Have you noticed the lower than expected volume?

I would not count on it.

7. laughingstock

laughingstock New Member

As this is my first peak season, I have not. How's it looking for seasonal's being hired back on at your location?

8. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I work at a Hub with hundreds of PT and UPS hires 12 months out of the year. How many PT at your building?

10. scooby0048

WTF kind of goat rapers you got going on in your family? I thought I was F*d being a Chinese Mexican with bi-racial parents but you got me bro!

11. laughingstock

laughingstock New Member

Less than 10.

12. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Listen up, OoooooooKaaaaaay!

Jesus H on the cross....

13. scooby0048

S*t that's even less than ours. I would guess that the chances are slim then.

14. PT Car Washer

I have heard in the small Centers that PT stay forever. Especially after they start making $20 to $30/hr.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Preload? They need bodies. The pay is so low newbie quit left and right.

16. laughingstock

laughingstock New Member

Turnover rate seems high.

17. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Even more so in a strong economy. If you're not kept on post-seasonal stint, you might still get a call asking you to come back by April or May as those who were kept move on.

18. PT Car Washer

Then you have a good chance of being hired permanent in a few months. Haven't you wondered why the turn over rate is high?

19. laughingstock

laughingstock New Member

Sure, my thoughts boil it down to be either 1 of 2 things. People can't handle the early hours and the intense labor required or my generation is lazy.

20. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

He/she/they/it???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List