Labor Shortage

rod

Retired 22 years
PT Union member making $38/hr working right next to another PT Union member making $15/hr working right next to another FT Union member making $30/hr. I thought Unions were the great equalizer in the labor market.
So you think all PT employees should make 35 bucks an hour or more ---like you do?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
So you think all PT employees should make 35 bucks an hour or more ---like you do?
Isn't being in a union about be united with other members?I don't think new members should get the 38 right off the bat.But there should be a pay system based on hours 1000 hours you get a bump,2000 hours you get another bump,4000 hours you get top pay.That's how it is done on the waterfront even non union casuals with over 4000 hours receive top pay.The way it is now it just divides the workforce.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Isn't being in a union about be united with other members?I don't think new members should get the 38 right off the bat.But there should be a pay system based on hours 1000 hours you get a bump,2000 hours you get another bump,4000 hours you get top pay.That's how it is done on the waterfront even non union casuals with over 4000 hours receive top pay.The way it is now it just divides the workforce.
I’d go along with paying you more for your
“Part time” job if you want to give up your health care pension and the rest of the benefits provided to you
Like every other “Part time” job in America

how bout it

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

I’d go along with paying you more for your
“Part time” job if you want to give up your health care pension and the rest of the benefits provided to you
Like every other “Part time” job in America

how bout it
Right dinosaur that's why union's will be a thing of the past in the next 20 to 30 years

nWo

If UPS doesn't want to pay a fair wage because, OmG ItS a PaRT TiMe Jooob uR Not SuppOseD to fEeD yer kIdS then UPS can create more FT jobs. We have "part-timers" working 40+ hours a week nationwide. Part timers working 40+ hours a week is actually a requirement in a lot of centers. Especially during peak.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If UPS doesn't want to pay a fair wage because, OmG ItS a PaRT TiMe Jooob uR Not SuppOseD to fEeD yer kIdS then UPS can create more FT jobs. We have "part-timers" working 40+ hours a week nationwide. Part timers working 40+ hours a week is actually a requirement in a lot of centers. Especially during peak.
It wasn’t meant to feed your kids it’s a “part time” job
If you got kids you need either another “part time” job or a “full time” job
Do you not understand how the world works