Labor woes stacking up for UPS

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The company only pays us anything because slavery is illegal, workers collective action fought for the FLSA (among other pro-worker laws), and the union bargains for a fair compensation package.
Otherwise the brown shirt nazis (and the rest of Corporate America) would enslave us.
And who wears the brown shirts?
Geez what a dufuss!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
And who wears the brown shirts?
Geez what a dufuss!
I know you are new here but the TOS doesn’t allow for this type of post
6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
21 months ago, they said there was 153 million in the fund.
Any lengthy UPS strike would destroy that, LOL
everyone should have there own strike fund. i always saved money for that reason. if you make 100k a year and don't put anything away for a potential strike , it's your own damn fault. i never counted on the strike fund.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
everyone should have there own strike fund. i always saved money for that reason. if you make 100k a year and don't put anything away for a potential strike , it's your own damn fault. i never counted on the strike fund.
Come September after a new contract all of my savings are going directly into a college savings fund, the potential for a strike means I cannot declare my paychecks as student savings. Its a bummer since I will lose $800 in FAFSA funding as a direct result.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Stop buying $4K dogs and you could afford to stay out much longer.
That was 11 years ago. I could stay out longer. 9k is my personal strike fund. I do have a savings account too. I’m also married to a lady that makes as much as I do. Do you really think a UPS strike (if happens), in this day and age, with what’s on the line, would go on longer than 7 days?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That was 11 years ago. I could stay out longer. 9k is my personal strike fund. I do have a savings account too. I’m also married to a lady that makes as much as I do. Do you really think a UPS strike (if happens), in this day and age, with what’s on the line, would go on longer than 7 days?

I don't think there will be a strike but if there were it would certainly not last more than 7 days.