Ladies and gentlemen I give you...”transformation”

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
0E882C08-370D-4ABD-AAF5-4E0B056F32CB.jpeg
This, my friends, is the “transformation” that we are supposed to embrace.
My RDO has been taken away and replaced with a functionally useless map/navigation system that has to shut itself off at 3:15 on a warm sunny day after delivering 88 packages to 65 stops in order to conserve battery life.
I barely made it back to the building last night before my battery died, I am told that there will be no new DIADS available for peak, and that the spares we are getting all have battery issues.
Did UPS think to equip the brand new $40K 2018 package car I am driving with a $10 USB port? No.
Did UPS have the foresight to equip its cars with DIAD chargers before going live with the MapNav/ no RDO program? No.
Did UPS stop to think that, to a driver like myself with 26 years of area knowledge, RDO and a DIAD that has the capacity to function for more than 9 hours without dying might be more valuable during peak season than a navigation system? No.
Transformation: when the concepts of common sense and planning ahead are “transformed” into forced stupidity and high tech gimmicks that fail the test of reality.

GenericUsername

If you recently just got the maps and you don't have the chargers in the cab yet, you will. You lose the diad slots (the big one and the smaller one) for a diad holder that will charge your board while the map runs and you drive.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you recently just got the maps and you don't have the chargers in the cab yet, you will. You lose the diad slots (the big one and the smaller one) for a diad holder that will charge your board while the map runs and you drive.
185 package cars in my building and not a single one has the new holder.
Nor is there any chance that they will be equipped with them before peak.
How stupid can they be in the Ivory Tower of Atlanta to force the map feature upon us when there is no way to keep the DIADS from going dead and therefore no way to actually use it?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
LMAO. Now they tell us! This was not part of DIAD training. Just let the DIAD battery fail and wait for instruction from management since they have all of the answers.
I would not want to be in middle management right now, they are gonna screw up with bad decisions. Remember DO AS INSTRUCTED.