Latest UPS Rising text/update

panther

Most importantly, for flipping LESS pay!!! If UPS needs to operate on weekends, I get it, but why they think it should be for discounted pay and the union agreed to that is perplexing and maddening.
I wonder if the company will offer discounted shipping rates on the weekends since they will be using discounted drivers????

542thruNthru

I can't see anyone who is full time bidding on one of these 22.4 jobs. I see them as not adding up to more than 2,000 or so. the first year the company will not make any. In year two I see them trying it out. In year three I see them as figuring out that it will not be very profitable to deliver on Saturday or Sunday and going with the bare bones minimum. The rest of the contract I see a shift to creating more 22.3 jobs that we will have numbered and eventually added to the 23,500 that are already in existence through the last 4 contract when they created the original full time 2 tier wage.

You're right no one that is full time will take a 22.4 job, why? Because they are horrible. :)

The first year the company will make at least 60 in my building alone. Ask me why. :)

In year two UPS will have figured out how to take advantage of it and will probably test the locals fortitude and see what they can get away with.

@Gumby is right but might have said it wrong. 22.4 will be counted towards the number of 22.3s created for this agreement.
Screenshot_20180803-193448.png

You seem to be falling under the same trap many do on here and thinking every where is the same. UPS will create a bunch of 22.4 in the first year. The southwest package rider will help them create a 22.4 with out waste a day training.

This is an example for 542 when I use reply. 22.4 language is poor enough where they could absolutely take work from drivers on Mon and Tues, there is very good reason why the have no 8 hour or 9.5. They could potentially take work from many part timers where locals have full time work first provision. They make it less likely for 22.3 opportunities. Get good language on some of these things and it could pass. The language as it stands now makes it very obvious the intention of piling on work to the 22.4. Kind of like the awful language, “you’re all skilled now, but you’ll never get that dollar an hour for the rest of your career even working next to someone doing the same job and same seniority date unless you were skilled prior to contract. Not well thought out from our perspective. Awful really.

Good job using the reply button. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I can't see anyone who is full time bidding on one of these 22.4 jobs. I see them as not adding up to more than 2,000 or so. the first year the company will not make any. In year two I see them trying it out. In year three I see them as figuring out that it will not be very profitable to deliver on Saturday or Sunday and going with the bare bones minimum. The rest of the contract I see a shift to creating more 22.3 jobs that we will have numbered and eventually added to the 23,500 that are already in existence through the last 4 contract when they created the original full time 2 tier wage.

I want touch the FedEx girl question or the region that I am allegedly a part of!
It would be very nice of ups to implement this proposed combo position correctly as to not have any negative effects on its current work force or it's customers. But this is ups were talking about.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
And in buildings that don’t utilize 22.4.....
We will have a list the same as we do now. The only difference is the Union will hold it not the company. The old language is still there so i havent seen any language defining exactly who can opt in on this easy enrollment list but my guess is they are keeping that vague intentionally and will pull from the old language.... 4 or more years seniority.

Tony Q

You're right no one that is full time will take a 22.4 job, why? Because they are horrible. :)

The first year the company will make at least 60 in my building alone. Ask me why. :)

In year two UPS will have figured out how to take advantage of it and will probably test the locals fortitude and see what they can get away with.

@Gumby is right but might have said it wrong. 22.4 will be counted towards the number of 22.3s created for this agreement.
View attachment 205445

You seem to be falling under the same trap many do on here and thinking every where is the same. UPS will create a bunch of 22.4 in the first year. The southwest package rider will help them create a 22.4 with out waste a day training.

Good job using the reply button. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work.
The 5,000 jobs created from the 22.3 and 22.4 classifications will be guaranteed. It does not specify how they will be broke down. The 23,500 jobs that date back to the 1997 contract, and the advent of the 2 tier for full time employees are 100% guaranteed and not eligible to become 22.4 jobs. My opinion is that they won't be able to create 5,000 of these jobs and the rest will become 22.3 jobs.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Most importantly, for flipping LESS pay!!! If UPS needs to operate on weekends, I get it, but why they think it should be for discounted pay and the union agreed to that is perplexing and maddening.
According to that conference call last Sunday. Usps and fedex use discounted drivers for sat/sun delivery, this is ups’ way of competing.... only thing I learned from that call.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
What are these great jobs that require you to work every weekend?

dude. seriously, you ever come out your house on the weekend? every retail store, restaurant, bar, hospital, hotel, gas station, body shop, police station......need i go on? my daughter in-law works weekends doing peoples makeup in the local mall for years.

Tony Q

You really are a bit dim witted! This Monday we had an on car sup state the number of routes run that day at the PCM. THIS WAS THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME THEY HAVE EVER VOCALLY TOLD US HOW MANY ROUTES WERE BEING RUN THAT DAY! What I found interesting was the assignment sheet was not put out that day AND that sheet for the rest of the week did not list the number of routes for Monday but did list the number for the rest of the days (just like normal.)
A real steward would know exactly how many cars go out every day. So maybe its is you who is dim witted and just catching on at the last minute. And save the part that you are not a steward. I kinda picked up on that with your long winded, dim witted responses over the last couple months.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
A real steward would know exactly how many cars go out every day. So maybe its is you who is dim witted and just catching on at the last minute. And save the part that you are not a steward. I kinda picked up on that with your long winded, dim witted responses over the last couple months.
Explain to me how exactly a steward should be knowing how many cars are going out a day. The damn center manager does not even know half the time till drivers are pulling out.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

Soooooo a real steward is one who is in bed with management?

Tony Q

This is an example for 542 when I use reply. 22.4 language is poor enough where they could absolutely take work from drivers on Mon and Tues, there is very good reason why the have no 8 hour or 9.5. They could potentially take work from many part timers where locals have full time work first provision. They make it less likely for 22.3 opportunities. Get good language on some of these things and it could pass. The language as it stands now makes it very obvious the intention of piling on work to the 22.4. Kind of like the awful language, “you’re all skilled now, but you’ll never get that dollar an hour for the rest of your career even working next to someone doing the same job and same seniority date unless you were skilled prior to contract. Not well thought out from our perspective. Awful really.
You do understand that a part time job guarantees you 3.5 hours a day and 17.5 hurts a week unless you are in local 89 where it guarantees you 3 hours a day and 15 for the week. These jobs are not meant nor were ever meant to be a sole source of income.