Layoffs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JJ85, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Wontmake9.5

Wontmake9.5 My job is fun

They told us today to be prepared. I honestly wish they would just ask who wants to take their vacation lol I’d take my 4 weeks and chill at home. I did hear that lay-off would be based on building/company seniority which if true I should be good. But we will see.

2. UpsYours

UpsYours Member

as soon as this :censored2: is over we are going to be swamped with work.businesses will be playing catch up.our building is running split routes now to get the work done. i`m thinking things are going to slow down in coming weeks.

3. It's going to get bad because people are going to run out of money but they buy $7000 worth of toilet paper, when they aren't working.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  4. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Have you looked at you supplmental? Management loves to say what they think it is.

5. 542thruNthru

Swamped till we catch up. Than businesses will feel the pinch of all the unemployed and so will we.

6. The route cutting starts now...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Wontmake9.5

Wontmake9.5 My job is fun

Doesn’t really say. Just says you can bump a preloaded. Work preload/twilight to make up your hours etc. does not say anything if it’s based on company seniority or fulltime senority. I could also be stupid and not be able to read correctly. All these are possible

8. detmaintainer

detmaintainer Detroit Maintenance Rat

We were close to setting up spurs a week or so ago from panic related shipping. The Governor announced around noon and then shut down non-essential businesses Mon. night at midnight. I couldn't believe the loads today. Maybe a coincidence. I will let you know what tomorrow looks like.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. 542thruNthru

Read your seniority whole article/section That will give you a idea of how it will go.

10. Wrong

Wrong :))

11. dmc2008

dmc2008 New Member

We were slammed today.
    I just got home 15 minutes ago..

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  12. reginald95

reginald95 Active Member

Damn that sucks. I was home by 5pm. Worked 7 hrs, paid for 8.

13. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

They are to bump the LOWEST driver, not just pick any route.

14. Let the show begin

15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Bingo. Mgmt doesn’t know sheet about the contract. Asking an on car about the contract, you might as well ask a customer on the road.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Martini

Martini Member

My building has pretty normal volume numbers for this time of year -- even with some local business closures.

All of the restaurants, etc. are open but selling take-out food/beer or most are delivering until this virus mess is over.

All Walmarts, convenience stores, banks, Dollar Generals, gas stations, car-repair places, walk-in health clinics, hospitals, and post offices are still open for business where I live.
    That's like everything. Still doing my normal everyday routine for grocery shopping, etc.

17. Martini

Martini Member

This flu won't/can't last too long.
    Sure it may spread and we will all inevitably get sick, but we will heal, and it WILL disappear at some point, and we'll forget all about it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. Over70irregs

Over70irregs Active Member

We all get 8.0. Chant it!!!!

19. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

It isn't the flu.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. charm299