Layoffs

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
They are for sure coming. Even people that think they are safe are going to be in for a big surprise.
They told us today to be prepared. I honestly wish they would just ask who wants to take their vacation lol I’d take my 4 weeks and chill at home. I did hear that lay-off would be based on building/company seniority which if true I should be good. But we will see.

UpsYours

as soon as this :censored2: is over we are going to be swamped with work.businesses will be playing catch up.our building is running split routes now to get the work done. i`m thinking things are going to slow down in coming weeks.

as soon as this :censored2: is over we are going to be swamped with work.businesses will be playing catch up.our building is running split routes now to get the work done. i`m thinking things are going to slow down in coming weeks.
It's going to get bad because people are going to run out of money but they buy $7000 worth of toilet paper, when they aren't working.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

They told us today to be prepared. I honestly wish they would just ask who wants to take their vacation lol I’d take my 4 weeks and chill at home. I did hear that lay-off would be based on building/company seniority which if true I should be good. But we will see.

Have you looked at you supplmental? Management loves to say what they think it is.

542thruNthru

Swamped till we catch up. Than businesses will feel the pinch of all the unemployed and so will we.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Have you looked at you supplmental? Management loves to say what they think it is.
Doesn’t really say. Just says you can bump a preloaded. Work preload/twilight to make up your hours etc. does not say anything if it’s based on company seniority or fulltime senority. I could also be stupid and not be able to read correctly. All these are possible

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
We actually brought in rental vans and brought our layoffs back into service.
We were close to setting up spurs a week or so ago from panic related shipping. The Governor announced around noon and then shut down non-essential businesses Mon. night at midnight. I couldn't believe the loads today. Maybe a coincidence. I will let you know what tomorrow looks like.

542thruNthru

Doesn’t really say. Just says you can bump a preloaded. Work preload/twilight to make up your hours etc. does not say anything if it’s based on company seniority or fulltime senority. I could also be stupid and not be able to read correctly. All these are possible

Read your seniority whole article/section That will give you a idea of how it will go.

WTFm8

Can a higher seniority driver bump a lower seniority route driver off his own route or does he have to bump utility drivers first? I have my own route and I'm lucky that there is enough resi in my route that I can get at least 8 hours.

They are to bump the LOWEST driver, not just pick any route.

D

Deleted member 77202

None of my shippers have shut down. Did he say why he expects business to slump? Or is he just jumping on the panic bandwagon? So far the only places closed down in my neck of the woods are restaraunts, bars and schools. Not exactly big shippers or receivers.

My building has pretty normal volume numbers for this time of year -- even with some local business closures.

All of the restaurants, etc. are open but selling take-out food/beer or most are delivering until this virus mess is over.

All Walmarts, convenience stores, banks, Dollar Generals, gas stations, car-repair places, walk-in health clinics, hospitals, and post offices are still open for business where I live.
That's like everything. Still doing my normal everyday routine for grocery shopping, etc.

D

Deleted member 77202

This flu won't/can't last too long.
Sure it may spread and we will all inevitably get sick, but we will heal, and it WILL disappear at some point, and we'll forget all about it.