Layoffs

Snack

I've lowkey always wanted to try that so I wouldn't be mad. Especially at my same pay.

Guys with driver experience would prob be excellent at pre load.

You would be getting about $15/hr in my building.

I really hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid this is going to get very, very ugly.

dmc2008

The way I see a lot of people acting, I think enough employees will be quarantined in the next month or so, leaving those of us still healthy (knock on wood) left to work. That's my plan anyways, so I'm just keeping to myself and staying away from people.
It seems NYS is doing the right thing, so I'm hoping things calm down by April, and maybe volume back to normal in May. Just in time for vacations, and we'll be slammed again.
I hope.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
Anyone seen layoffs yet? I keep hearing it's coming.

As a new guy I'm worried.

We have a body and paint shop in our area. When they run out of N95 masks they are going on layoff.
I wouldn't be surprised if in states that have lockdowns they thin the herd by eliminating non-essential employees. They will be able to claim government guidelines were used for this decision and you will never see those people again.

reginald95

Can a higher seniority driver bump a lower seniority route driver off his own route or does he have to bump utility drivers first? I have my own route and I'm lucky that there is enough resi in my route that I can get at least 8 hours.

DOK

Can a higher seniority driver bump a lower seniority route driver off his own route or does he have to bump utility drivers first? I have my own route and I'm lucky that there is enough resi in my route that I can get at least 8 hours.
Think it depends on the supplement you’re in.

Scuderia

My So Cal building here is still heavy. Went out with 170 stops on a base car, but another driver told me his truck was about 50% of what it should've been from pickups. Traffic is very light, which is very weird, but parking sucks (everyone home). I think people will eventually run out of money to order luxury items. We may go down to a few high seniority drivers delivering toilet paper and other essential items (medicine, food, etc.).

Last edited: