Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerMan06

Still don't understand why everyone is so against orion. I loved it as it significantly lowered my stop count.
Yup. Drive 10 miles of dirt roads at 25mph to deliver a stop that you can get off the highway later in the day. I'd never get done if I followed ORION

anonymous23456

Enjoy some downtime and relax. Everyone is crying about overtime and not having a life. Now’s your chance to take a break chill out and spend some of the money we’ve been hoarding away. I’m looking forward to having a few burner weeks. Might even get out to New England.
Sure we all can use some downtime. Unfortunately, we don't like "downsizing" of the paycheck.

PoirotAtUPS

UPS is like the Fed. They don't necessarily make good decisions in a timely manner. They are reactive, not proactive. If your awareness goes just a little beyond what you are doing next weekend, you could see the signs. I shorted UPS stock in July of 2023 and I shorted them again in December and January. Our earnings report last week was a great payday. That being said, I didn't short them because I was guessing. It was an educated decision based on real signs. There were signs everywhere that our volume was excessively low. When you can walk down the belt and visually see that you can walk through just about every truck on any given day during peak season, that should tell you something. Historically, normal peak season days came with full trucks and multiple shuttles out to areas, followed by air meets in the evenings due to most driver's having late ETA's. This peak season came with empty trucks, early ETA's and few shuttles.

That being said, things will get much worse before it gets a little better. The signs are everywhere.
Cut your personal costs and invest until it hurts because inflation will eat away at your $$$ stuffed in your pillow.
UPSers can‘t short the stock - it’s against company policy - until now I wondered how anyone would ever know.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yup. Drive 10 miles of dirt roads at 25mph to deliver a stop that you can get off the highway later in the day. I'd never get done if I followed ORION
I'd rather be driving than lifting. If you're not getting done they would have to decrease your stop count.

dudebro

Do you :censored2: the rest up as bad as you do planning volume and stops?
$154M in purchased transportation savings last year. Doesn't sound like poor execution to me. I thought you'd be happy there were a lot less non-union drivers dragging UPS feeders around.

Thebrownblob

Guys - you gotta realize the 12k cuts are management and contractors - it does not include the tens of thousands of teamster jobs being laid off. I thought this was a UPSer chat board.
Lol tens of thousands? They lay people off Every year at the beginning of the year. Most of them continue to work just at different jobs in the company. and most of them will be back working in a couple months. The managers won’t be This is a UPS chat board and I have forgotten more about UPS then you probably ever knew. 😛

anonymous23456

Guys - you gotta realize the 12k cuts are management and contractors - it does not include the tens of thousands of teamster jobs being laid off. I thought this was a UPSer chat board.
Management/supervisor is 2nd class citizen here. It is not a plantation though. I'm treated very well by Mech II. He is kind enough to teach me the art of poo-ing in bucket. It can become a handy skill when one day I have to live in a van down by the river.

IGotta is also helpful. He kept telling me to dump my UPS stocks for I Bond. It is too late now. I got my UPS stock near the $180 range.

542thruNthru

Thank the package gods we have you brother. I don't know where we'd be with out you!

Brownwind

Management/supervisor is 2nd class citizen here. It is not a plantation though. I'm treated very well by Mech II. He is kind enough to teach me the art of poo-ing in bucket. It can become a handy skill when one day I have to live in a van down by the river.
Stop making fun of @MECH-II when he’s resting up to be legendary.

We use this site to keep up with what’s going on around the country. It’s an anonymous site and we realize many are older, retired or don’t even work here to begin with.

#camplife. Got your back Mech…

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Close. It’s actually an insane asylum
1707224524024.png

21Savage

Yo I forreal feel bad for the guys that are low seniorty that got layed(laid? I dunno) off back to preload. Most of them are really good drivers. It's a tough decision to stick it out or find something else. I think they'll be laid off most of the year. I couldn't imagine that. I'm not getting up at 2 or 3 am to come work preload for five hours.... Effff that.

anonymous23456

Yo I forreal feel bad for the guys that are low seniorty that got layed(laid? I dunno) off back to preload. Most of them are really good drivers. It's a tough decision to stick it out or find something else. I think they'll be laid off most of the year. I couldn't imagine that. I'm not getting up at 2 or 3 am to come work preload for five hours.... Effff that.
I know right...drivers stroll in at 9am where the packages car is loaded already. It is really different job.

Status
Not open for further replies.