Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You mean a driver with area knowledge who provided a customer great service , had a haircut and shined shoes ??
Nahhhh won't work !!😂😂
Isn’t that something? Who’d of thunk it? All I know is I knew all my customers by name and they trusted me with garage codes. Other drivers had keys to businesses! The idea of UPS is dead.

Non liberal

More machines and automation will take over. Human beings are commodities...there is a plan. Just watch it to unfold before the next contract.
Pretty soon the only way any of us will make a living is to work for ourselves. Public jobs will be a thing of yesteryear. AI will takeover everything.

Non liberal

What do you mean by "public jobs"?
All theses big companies who can, will be automated. The only thing you can’t automate 100% is entertainment, food, etc. so you’ll have to do that yourself. Sell something unique that can’t be bought cheaper at Amazon. Amazon sells just about everything. If they don’t currently sell it, they will, and they will be fully automated eventually, right down to dropping the product at your front door. So will ups and everyone else.

RangerMan06

All theses big companies who can, will be automated. The only thing you can’t automate 100% is entertainment, food, etc. so you’ll have to do that yourself. Sell something unique that can’t be bought cheaper at Amazon. Amazon sells just about everything. If they don’t currently sell it, they will, and they will be fully automated eventually, right down to dropping the product at your front door. So will ups and everyone else.
UPS Drivers will not be replaced by AI in our lifetime. If that level of intelligence is created it will replace every job on the planet. Teachers and policemen will be replaced before we are

Non liberal

UPS Drivers will not be replaced by AI in our lifetime. If that level of intelligence is created it will replace every job on the planet. Teachers and policemen will be replaced before we are
I don’t know when, but it will happen sooner than you think that’s all I know. You have to understand,once a certain level in AI is reached, the AI itself will solve the problem of the tougher jobs that will be replaced. Think of it like compound interest, it takes a while to get going, but once it does, it will go fast. So whatever job you think is the toughest to replace will probably be solved by AI, not a human. As far as drivers go, I’d say the my will be one of the first to go. Budweiser already has already implemented self driving 18wheelers.

PT Car Washer

I don’t know when, but it will happen sooner than you think that’s all I know. You have to understand,once a certain level in AI is reached, the AI itself will solve the problem of the tougher jobs that will be replaced. Think of it like compound interest, it takes a while to get going, but once it does, it will go fast. So whatever job you think is the toughest to replace will probably be solved by AI, not a human. As far as drivers go, I’d say the my will be one of the first to go. Budweiser already has already implemented self driving 18wheelers.
How many self driving rigs do you see on the today? I don't think I have ever seen one although it has been predicted for the last 10 years that they are coming. Sort of like Bidens recession.

RangerMan06

A self driving semi going down the highway is far different than what a UPS Driver does. Physically getting the correct package out of the truck and to the front door is what I don't see happening. I'll be worried when AI starts dollying beer into convenient store coolers and stocking shelves.

PT Car Washer

A self driving semi going down the highway is far different than what a UPS Driver does. Physically getting the correct package out of the truck and to the front door is what I don't see happening. I'll be worried when AI starts dollying beer into convenient store coolers and stocking shelves.
We have enough problems with delivery drivers getting the right package to the right address.

Non liberal

Who says there’s going to be beer? Or convenience stores for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.