Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Savage

The layoffs are messed up for sure. Guys that were driving all peak now forced to work preload. It sucks. I feel for you. Some were even preload for years then got a tatse of driving and now right back to preload. It's effed up.

PT Car Washer

The layoffs are messed up for sure. Guys that were driving all peak now forced to work preload. It sucks. I feel for you. Some were even preload for years then got a tatse of driving and now right back to preload. It's effed up.
Remember the Seasonals that were hoping to get on FT after Peak? They are back working at Amazon.

anonymous23456

The rumor is TEMU has a full contract with UPS this summer.

IGotta gonna love it!

ab235df95fa44068b233996e2ff50cd71605112292097024000.jpg

21Savage

Remember the Seasonals that were hoping to get on FT after Peak? They are back working at Amazon.
Yeah kind of. I don't feel bad for those guys tho. I feel bad for the ones that were preload and got driver jobs and now they're back working preload again.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It’s called seniority. If the volumes not there, what should happen? Preload pays and keeps your benefits active, quit being such a millennial pusillanimous.

UPSER1987

Yeah kind of. I don't feel bad for those guys tho. I feel bad for the ones that were preload and got driver jobs and now they're back working preload again.
I dont feel bad for them for a second. Wanna work for a company where your merits aren’t rewarded but how long you do a :censored2:ty job does? That’s what you signed up for. The good and the bad.

When did UPS shift from parcel delivery to hauling trash? That's like major news. Like Pepsi and Coke merging or something.
They've been hauling garbage for a long time
Just like when I started delivering international packages
They take every piece of junk I could get on the way home just to help pay for the fuel until they got established

Brown Down

I don’t know when, but it will happen sooner than you think that’s all I know. You have to understand,once a certain level in AI is reached, the AI itself will solve the problem of the tougher jobs that will be replaced. Think of it like compound interest, it takes a while to get going, but once it does, it will go fast. So whatever job you think is the toughest to replace will probably be solved by AI, not a human. As far as drivers go, I’d say the my will be one of the first to go. Budweiser already has already implemented self driving 18wheelers.
see the problem with all of this is if all the jobs get replaced who can afford to buy the things these automated companies make? no jobs, no money, no business.

Status
Not open for further replies.