Leaving packages in the rain

Box Ox

Out of sight, out of weather.

It’s :censored2:ing furniture. How about you get out there and try to handcart some overweight furniture up some porch steps/try to hide it and see how you feel. My center manager would tell you to stop being a prissy bitch, DR at garage and keep going.

upschuck

It’s :censored2:ing furniture. How about you get out there and try to handcart some overweight furniture up some porch steps/try to hide it and see how you feel. My center manager would tell you to stop being a prissy bitch, DR at garage and keep going.
So, you'd rather bow to him, than do it proper? You sound like a company schill. Do your job by the methods, you'll have less stops, if you do. Lol

Box Ox

So, you'd rather bow to him, than do it proper? You sound like a company schill. Do your job by the methods, you'll have less stops, if you do. Lol

You don't try to haul 5 particle board furniture boxes up to somebody's front door if they've got a garage in any case. It's not safe for the driver, and trying to get it up there could damage the item. Which a driver might well be responsible for.

Most people don't even have covered porches that could accommodate such a delivery anyway.

upschuck

You don't try to haul 5 particle board furniture boxes up to somebody's front door if they've got a garage in any case. It's not safe for the driver, and trying to get it up there could damage the item. Which a driver might well be responsible for.

Most people don't even have covered porches that could accommodate such a delivery anyway.
Out of sight, out of weather. I feel like a broken record. Of course this is only if they are not at home.

Does it piss you off, yes, but it is your job to safely deliver that package, be it 1 lb or 150.

Box Ox

Out of sight, out of weather. I feel like a broken record. Of course this is only if they are not at home.

Does it piss you off, yes, but it is your job to safely deliver that package, be it 1 lb or 150.

Easy to recite, but expectations are not the same for overweight packages. If management were to discipline a driver for delivering a grill or a couch to a garage instead of a front door when it was raining they'd get laughed out of the room.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The company has accepted this is part of doing business.

They'd rather you save the time and take the chance of a claim. That's why no one gets in trouble for it.

If they wanted to stop damages they'd do it on the preload side. There's probably on average 3-5 packages per day on my truck that have no business being loaded on there.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The only time I've used a driver release bag in the last 6 years is when I was in my residential section outside of downtown and had to take a dump that couldn't wait.

Properly packaged items will not be ruined or damaged by rain.

upschuck

The company has accepted this is part of doing business.

They'd rather you save the time and take the chance of a claim. That's why no one gets in trouble for it.

If they wanted to stop damages they'd do it on the preload side. There's probably on average 3-5 packages per day on my truck that have no business being loaded on there.
Purposely putting them in pouring rain is wrong. End of story

Box Ox

Purposely putting them in pouring rain is wrong. End of story

You'd better tell that that my center manager. He doesn't give a damn about the rain if it'd show up on the report he'd have to explain to the DM as five overweight residential DR packages that weren't delivered. "It was raining" isn't good enough.

upschuck

You'd better tell that that my center manager. He doesn't give a damn about the rain if it'd show up on the report he'd have to explain to the DM as five overweight residential DR packages that weren't delivered. "It was raining" isn't good enough.
They could do like they do here, and just put them in w/c, and put that on infonotice.

Box Ox

They could do like they do here, and just put them in w/c, and put that on infonotice.

Brilliant. The customer will be sure to pick up their 500 pounds of furniture with their Toyota Corolla. Oh, they can't? That's 500 pounds of send-agains for the center manager. Wouldn't make business sense for it to be the routine practice.

upschuck

Brilliant. The customer will be sure to pick up their 500 pounds of furniture with their Toyota Corolla. Oh, they can't? That's 500 pounds of send-agains for the center manager. Wouldn't make business sense for it to be the routine practice.
But he'd rather pay the claim? There are only the select few that do that, it is the better option, imo, if those are the only 2 options.