Lenexa Feeder Manager Has Rollaway?

Re-Raise

As for your the rest of your fantasy I would dare say there are many of you reeking with all that "experience" that could not pass DTS. In fact my experience has been that most of you that claim to know feeders so much better then us can not even perform a proper pretrip without missing at least two dot required items.

But yet because you have been getting behind the wheel of a tractor longer then we have you now claim some type of driving superiority....:)

Remember it now Hoax?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieguy

As for your the rest of your fantasy I would dare say there are many of you reeking with all that "experience" that could not pass DTS. In fact my experience has been that most of you that claim to know feeders so much better then us can not even perform a proper pretrip without missing at least two dot required items.

But yet because you have been getting behind the wheel of a tractor longer then we have you now claim some type of driving superiority....:)

Remember it now Hoax?

No, not really.
tie mentions not being able to pass DTS or perform a 100% pre-trip- DTS is not about being a better driver but being able to pass a course and recite verbatim course material.
DTS gives a person the tools to become a better driver and to observe and train others.
He questions whether "sitting behind the wheel" makes a person a superior driver. That is a valid skepticism. I've been around people at UPS who have been doing the same job for 15 years and they are mediocre at best.

I'll go back and look at this thread some more to try and help you out ... not very hopeful though.

Re-Raise

Quote:

No, not really.
tie mentions not being able to pass DTS or perform a 100% pre-trip- DTS is not about being a better driver but being able to pass a course and recite verbatim course material.
DTS gives a person the tools to become a better driver and to observe and train others.
He questions whether "sitting behind the wheel" makes a person a superior driver. That is a valid skepticism. I've been around people at UPS who have been doing the same job for 15 years and they are mediocre at best.

I'll go back and look at this thread some more to try and help you out ... not very hopeful though.

I am looking at your description of what he said...

And somehow it doesn't look like what he said....

Don't worry about explaining it to me any more. Thanks for 'trying to help me out ", it was very generous of you.

See that was me being condescending back toward you. Kinda cool huh.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Don't worry about explaining it to me any more. Thanks for 'trying to help me out ", it was very generous of you.

I'm laughing ... I laugh at myself more than I do anyone else.
Peace Bro. :peaceful:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Oh, sounds like I hit a nerve, huh?

OK, semantics. They are "Illuminated" when performing the pre-trip. Not "Lit". Geez! You got me!

Hmmm...no corporate auditor this year? Hmm...this "incident" has already been confirmed by PM and others. Here? They have been practicing their "cross-training" for weeks here in anticipation of the "non-corporate" auditor.

Me? Hmmm...Feeders 28 of my 31 years here. 61 years old, 6'0", 195 lbs. OK.

Try me on the pre-post-any trip you want. I can outperform any computer trained geek any day of my life. My "experience" has had me driving most machines you have not even heard of. Marmon, Hendrickson, Emeryville.

Yes, you are right on one count. I DO claim "some type of driving superiority". 31 years service...31 years safe driving. Arrogant? Yes. I've drivin thru Louky, Meadowlands, Cach, Earth City, Denver, Minn, San Fran and all points between. Arrogant? You bet! Have any of your peers match that!

And name calling? That's pretty low, Tie. Have I ever done that? To ANYBODY? Pretty low.
this is the best post ive ever seen...................................rock on dude

rod

Retired 22 years
I get the feeling that even tieguy- or for that matter the guy that wrote the rules on how to preform a pre-trip couldn't get 100% on the test -- depending on who is scoring it.

Re-Raise

Why do I keep hearing Allen Iverson in my head...

Practice , You're talking about practice..

How can you compare a couple of weeks of training, even months of training to actually doing the job every day. You are a fresh set of eyes and serve a purpose by reminding the actual drivers of things they could do to be safer. Why isn't that good enough for you?

I

IH8No1

It appears he was being more sarcastic than condescending. Plus I think he has a reputation for being sarcastic.

Re-Raise

Quote:

I still go with condescending. He's not very hopeful that my lesser mind can grasp all his big words and all.

I'm not insulted or anything, I think he is one of the most amusing posters on here.

His PPORH are WAY up there too.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I still go with condescending. He's not very hopeful that my lesser mind can grasp all his big words and all.
That was not the intent at all ... my point was that I had read the thread and I did not see any evidence of your accusation. You read the same posts and did. I guess it is the difference in viewpoint and the bias that we impose when we read the same posts.

I'm not insulted or anything, I think he is one of the most amusing posters on here.
That is almost always my intent ... along with being a general smartbutt.

His PPORH are WAY up there too.
Can't keep up with Upstate though.

I

IH8No1

It appears he was being more sarcastic than condescending. Plus I think he has a reputation for being sarcastic.

Originally Posted by Re-Raise
That was not the intent at all ... my point was that I had read the thread and I did not see any evidence of your accusation. You read the same posts and did. I guess it is the difference in viewpoint and the bias that we impose when we read the same posts.

Looks like we were both wrong, if you can believe anything a management person says.

some1else

Banned
Quote:

come on "claim some type of driving superiority" is just his circumspect way of saying they are better drivers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
come on "claim some type of driving superiority" is just his circumspect way of saying they are better drivers.

In that case, limited to my ability to interpret, tie would be saying that the 30 year driver is the better driver than the one that went DTS. :peaceful:

Seems out of character for you to back up tieguy, :anxious:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm going to throw my two cents in. In our contract there is nothing to address to managements rights. We can not force ups to discipline that sup for this. However what we can do is document what has happened and use it as a reference possibly in a termination case for a driver who did something similar.

Now on a side note, I went feeder a little while back and had no experience driving a tractor prior to going. The first hour of my first day was pre-tripping the tractor and the rest of the day was driving this tractor through a construction zone on the highway with a pup. I have never held a steering wheel so tight in my life and the trainer was unphased being there knowing at any time I could crash this tractor and hurt us both.

Being a feeder trainer is by far the hardest management job there is at ups and I have nothing but respect for these trainers.