Lenexa Feeder Manager Has Rollaway?

some1else

Banned
Despite your claims of being some type of driving god you can take anyone and train them to drive a tractor trailer.
i have a customer that lost one leg in iraq i would like you watch you teach him to drive a tractor trailer.

i think the appropriate response to someone with 31years of safe service would be

"Thank you for your obvious dedication to safe driving. It takes an enormous level of professionalism and skill to drive for 31 years throughout all kinds of whether and conditions, and with tight time allowances yet maintain that impressive driving record. Perhaps we could use your experience and skill to help train newer drivers to enhance their safety and that of others on the road. god speed"

// i even made it blue; which kind of reminds me of people who talk real loud so someone will pay attention to them...//

tieguy

Banned
i have a customer that lost one leg in iraq i would like you watch you teach him to drive a tractor trailer.

i think the appropriate response to someone with 31years of safe service would be

I didn't see your comments to him where You corrected him for badmouthing someone who went through and certified on a process that is incredibly more difficult then anything he ever did. Perhaps you could point it out to me or was it your intent to be one sided and biased in this discussion?

Perhaps your point to me was that this guy is now some type of god and can speak no wrong?

some1else

Banned
I didn't see your comments to him where You corrected him for badmouthing someone who went through and certified on a process that is incredibly more difficult then anything he ever did.
you dont believe that... there is no way that school is more difficult than 31 years safe driving.

tieguy think about the last 5 years of your personal driving experience in your little toyota sienna van... how many close calls you have? now try that in a tractor trailer for 31 years over night, snow, rain, deer, etc. etc.

i know which person i would rather have coming down towards me on a two lane road in the snow....

tieguy

Banned
you dont believe that... there is no way that school is more difficult than 31 years safe driving.

tieguy think about the last 5 years of your personal driving experience in your little toyota sienna van... how many close calls you have? now try that in a tractor trailer for 31 years over night, snow, rain, deer, etc. etc.

i know which person i would rather have coming down towards me on a two lane road in the snow....

I spent three years in the army a lot of which was spent living in the bush playing war games. the school is much tougher then anything I ever did in the army. The issue here is mutual respect. You have decided to jump in and show your blatant bias on one side of the mutual respect issue. You and race should have shut your mouths once you realized you did not know anything about what you speaking about. I have lived dTS I can do races job he cant do mine. simple as that.

some1else

Banned
I have lived dTS I can do races job he cant do mine. simple as that.
i would give you 3-1 against that you would never make it 31 years safe driving. you know it i know it race knows it devil knows it god knows it obama knows it!!!!!!!

its just a question of who will admit it (everyone but the guy that writes in blue so people will listen to him)

tieguy

Banned
i would give you 3-1 against that you would never make it 31 years safe driving. you know it i know it race knows it devil knows it god knows it obama knows it!!!!!!!

its just a question of who will admit it (everyone but the guy that writes in blue so people will listen to him)

hmmm. got three to go. odds are pretty good I'll get there. Any other wild ass assumptions you wish to roll the dice on?

Bad Gas!

Oh, sounds like I hit a nerve, huh?

OK, semantics. They are "Illuminated" when performing the pre-trip. Not "Lit". Geez! You got me!

Hmmm...no corporate auditor this year? Hmm...this "incident" has already been confirmed by PM and others. Here? They have been practicing their "cross-training" for weeks here in anticipation of the "non-corporate" auditor.

Fat asses? Me? Hmmm...Feeders 28 of my 31 years here. 61 years old, 6'0", 195 lbs. OK.

Try me on the pre-post-any trip you want. I can outperform any computer trained geek any day of my life. My "experience" has had me driving most machines you have not even heard of. Marmon, Hendrickson, Emeryville.

Yes, you are right on one count. I DO claim "some type of driving superiority". 31 years service...31 years safe driving. Arrogant? Yes. I've drivin thru Louky, Meadowlands, Cach, Earth City, Denver, Minn, San Fran and all points between. Arrogant? You bet! Have any of your peers match that!

And name calling? That's pretty low, Tie. Have I ever done that? To ANYBODY? Pretty low.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes, you are right on one count. I DO claim "some type of driving superiority". 31 years service...31 years safe driving. I've drivin thru Louky, Meadowlands, Cach, Earth City, Denver, Minn, San Fran and all points between. Have any of your peers match that!

"Thank you for your obvious dedication to safe driving. It takes an enormous level of professionalism and skill to drive for 31 years throughout all kinds of whether and conditions, and with tight time allowances yet maintain that impressive driving record. Perhaps we could use your experience and skill to help train newer drivers to enhance their safety and that of others on the road. god speed".

Plagiarized from some1else. :funny:

Last edited:

some1else

Banned
hmmm. got three to go. odds are pretty good I'll get there. Any other wild ass assumptions you wish to roll the dice on?
i was under the impression you are a supervisor i may have confused you with someone else. if you have 28 years safe driving the same message i posted to race would apply to you congrats!

tieguy

Banned
OK, City, since you're from the freight side, you are not faced with this yet...YET! Here's the deal.

UPS Parcel has had this procedure in place for many years. They take a person that they like...um...kinda like your terminal clerk, and teach them to drive a truck, even if they don't want to. After forcing them to get a CDL and sending them to Top Gun school in South Holland, IL (or whereever else they hold em), where, it seems, everyone comes back in the top of their class, they are now qualified to teach YOU how to drive a truck, irregardless of your years of experience. They are now called your supervisor or manager.

If they REALLY like you, they make you what they call a feeder auditor. That is where you have done the same thing, except answered all the questions perfectly. That means you can now go out and test all the others around the country that passed this school once but are not now deemed satisfactory, usually once a year. That is, your supervisors and managers are tested by someone, like them, that has never driven a truck, except in Top Gun school.

That was this case, supposedly. Feeder manager was being tested. Due to his years of road experience (sarcasm intended), he evidently missed a crucial factor and let the tractor slam into a pole. Again, I don't have facts, just relating what was heard second, maybe third or fourth hand. If it can be verified or denied, then fine.

By the way, some of the less important things that will get the "team" a failing mark during their week of testing are these:

-Failing to call those little amber bulbs on the front corner of the trailers "Illuminators". They are not lights and they are not lit.

_Failing to call the device that signals your turn intentions to other drivers. They are not called "turn signals". They are called "Directionals".

couple of problems with your little fantasy. We do not use the work "illuminator" we say our three ID Lights and two clearance lights are illuminated when demonstrating the pretrip. Another fantasy killer is that there is no corporate auditer this year auditing facilitys due to cost cutting initiatives.

As for your the rest of your fantasy I would dare say there are many of you reeking with all that "experience" that could not pass DTS. In fact my experience has been that most of you that claim to know feeders so much better then us can not even perform a proper pretrip without missing at least two dot required items.

But yet because you have been getting behind the wheel of a tractor longer then we have you now claim some type of driving superiority....:)

hoax how it all started. Silly me but I think Races remarks insulting all those who have gone through the dts process deserved a response. I realize that as a management poster on a union run site that I should do the heh heh awe schucks thing like other management posters here do. But the fact is I still have my pride and I'm not sucking up to anyone who tries to slam my accomplishments.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hoax how it all started. Silly me but I think Races remarks insulting all those who have gone through the dts process deserved a response. I realize that as a management poster on a union run site that I should do the heh heh awe schucks thing like other management posters here do. But the fact is I still have my pride and I'm not sucking up to anyone who tries to slam my accomplishments.

Good post. Logical and explains your position well in a rational manner.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why do they provide a higher level of training to the supervisors that don't actually do the job?

It's called Train the Trainer.
It's the way almost everything in the world is set up including our private and public educational systems.

And as always ... COST.

And they would have to change the nature of the training because if they treated union employees the way the management people are treated in this school, the union would be claiming harassment, filing grievances and be scarred for life.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It would make sense to give the drivers the highest level of training available.

COST.

The trainer that has been through DTS can train the feeder driver during their regular run.

We are running a business here ... not a public welfare system of education and training.

wrecker

I'm not suggesting they send drivers to east wherever to spend weeks on end learning everything.

I just can't see the trainers as better drivers than the 31 yr guy because of some class.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm not suggesting they send drivers to east wherever to spend weeks on end learning everything.

I just can't see the trainers as better drivers than the 31 yr guy because of some class.

OK ... I see your point. Your position is that the trainer should be a better driver than the person that they are training.

That never occurred to me and in my opinion is not a pragmatic prerequisite to be a trainer. If the feeder driver is a new driver then the trainer is probably a "better" driver.

Stop and think about it...tennis players have coaches that they could beat 6-0, 6-0 but rely heavily on the coach to keep their skills sharp and make sure they are not picking up bad habits.