Lenexa Feeder Manager Has Rollaway?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Blue was stating how motorcycle safety courses help him as a feeder driver. I also think the reverse is true, UPS' training has made me a better motorcycle rider.

I don't think any of us can make an arguement that UPS' training is not anything but great. I have always felt it is the time they give us to follow their methods that was the problem.

bluehdmc

350 items a DTS trainer is required to learn and demonstrate on his/her pretrip

But can you check all those 350 items in the 14min, (if I recall) that I'm supposed to be allowed to pre-trip?

Re-Raise

I spent three years in the army a lot of which was spent living in the bush playing war games. the school is much tougher then anything I ever did in the army.

Then you were very lucky. I have friends and family who wish that "playing war games" was the toughest thing they did in the service.

tieguy

Banned
Then you were very lucky. I have friends and family who wish that "playing war games" was the toughest thing they did in the service.

yes i was lucky. But at the same time I did volunteer myself to be there if my country decided they needed me to play those games for real?

Re-Raise

yes i was lucky. But at the same time I did volunteer myself to be there if my country decided they needed me to play those games for real?

You would never compare your simulated war training to actual battle experience would you?

You can't substitute training for real battle experience in the military just as classroom memorization can't compare to 30 years of actual performance of the feeder driver job. You obviously may feel differently based on your comments.

tieguy

Banned
You would never compare your simulated war training to actual battle experience would you?

You can't substitute training for real battle experience in the military just as classroom memorization can't compare to 30 years of actual performance of the feeder driver job. You obviously may feel differently based on your comments.

I can't believe you're taking this conversation down this asinine path.
I served my country for three years. I'm proud of my service to my country. Don't twist it anymore then that in order to score some bull**** point against the management guy.

over9five

Staff member

Are you suggesting he apologize that there was not a war at the time he was in the service?

Re-Raise

Are you suggesting he apologize that there was not a war at the time he was in the service?

He made the comment saying his training and "playing war games" was the most difficult thing he ever did in the army.

He made the comment to support his argument that the training of feeder managers was probably more difficult than actually driving feeders. The comment made me cringe. If this wasn't his point I don't know why he said it.

He doesn't owe me an apology , but my father was wounded in battle, and I belive it was an inappropiate comparison to make.

P

pickup

another poster with blinders on. Please post the quote where I defended the management person who had the roll away?

I can't post it because you didn't defend the management person. However, you chose not to attack the actions of the management person nor , as far as I can tell, you don't attack the action of the other management that chose to classify this "accident" as an "incident". It seems your silence condones these actions where I doubt you would be silent if this were a feeder driver and the union were asking to classify it as an "incident". Still, it is not your job to say anything , so I can't blame you.

Re-Raise

I spent three years in the army a lot of which was spent living in the bush playing war games. the school is much tougher then anything I ever did in the army. The issue here is mutual respect. You have decided to jump in and show your blatant bias on one side of the mutual respect issue. You and race should have shut your mouths once you realized you did not know anything about what you speaking about. I have lived dTS I can do races job he cant do mine. simple as that.

Simple as that. Mutual respect?

A

anonymous6

I'll be the first to admit that my initial attitude towards on road supes was not good. With over 20 years experience and them with maybe a couple months? Come on!

But here's the thing. I may have 28 years experience but everything I learned was from experience , a lot the hard way. Not from TRAINING.

I did not receive any training or safe work methods in the 15 years of my driving before UPS.

In the last several years I have learned more about safe driving than in the previous 20. A big improvement in my driving has come from a very conscious effort to study and implement the 5 seeing habits.

My driving improved greatly when my attitude improved. I actually look forward to the Ride alongs. I get complacent and sloppy maybe as the year goes along and maybe take a couple shortcuts and hence become less safe.

And the supes are always teaching new methods that may come in handy. I like and respect their technical knowledge but I do agree with several posters that if I was on a sleeper team I'd rather have a 25 year vet as a partner.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re-raise, I assume from your posts that you never served in the military. I was 8 years Air Force and I will admit that I was never even close to being involved in a combat situation; the nearest experience I can relate to is when I was tasked to perform perimeter security around a C-141 crash in Sicily. I thank Tie for his service and question why you or anyone else would question someone who took the initiative to raise his hand and take an oath to defend his country. I don't care what opinion you hold of the man based upon his job or what he has posted here but please do not question his level of dedication during his time in the Army unless you yourself have served.

Re-Raise

Re-raise, I assume from your posts that you never served in the military. I was 8 years Air Force and I will admit that I was never even close to being involved in a combat situation; the nearest experience I can relate to is when I was tasked to perform perimeter security around a C-141 crash in Sicily. I thank Tie for his service and question why you or anyone else would question someone who took the initiative to raise his hand and take an oath to defend his country. I don't care what opinion you hold of the man based upon his job or what he has posted here but please do not question his level of dedication during his time in the Army unless you yourself have served.

I don't have an opinion of the man. He was making a point about how "training" is so difficult and that some feeder manager training makes him better able to do a feeder driver's job than 30 years of experience.

I said in my first post that I have friends and family who don't feel their training was the toughest thing they did in the service. I feel many drivers would not say their training was the toughest part of their job.

I was not in the service. I am not a feeder driver. I don't make claims to be able to do other people's jobs better than they can.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't have an opinion of the man. He was making a point about how "training" is so difficult and that some feeder manager training makes him better able to do a feeder driver's job than 30 years of experience.

I said in my first post that I have friends and family who don't feel their training was the toughest thing they did in the service. I feel many drivers would not say their training was the toughest part of their job.

I was not in the service. I am not a feeder driver. I don't make claims to be able to do other people's jobs better than they can.

No opinion and no claims ... you and leastbest would not get along. :wink2:

Re-Raise

You and race should have shut your mouths once you realized you did not know anything about what you speaking about. I have lived dTS I can do races job he cant do mine. simple as that.

Don't get so full of yourself that you believe this.

some1else

Banned
do not question his level of dedication during his time in the Army unless you yourself have served.
i have family in the military; and i do respect what they do. however being in the military does not make one a saint; and thankfully the founders of our country did not set-up the country such that service is required for full citizenship. countries run by the military tend to not turn out for the best. what works best is a civilian oversight of the military and for that to work those who havent served necessarily must pass judgment on those that do.

i highly support our war on terror (err contingency operation) however we must have civilian oversight of the military.

tieguy

Banned
I can't post it because you didn't defend the management person. However, you chose not to attack the actions of the management person nor , as far as I can tell, you don't attack the action of the other management that chose to classify this "accident" as an "incident". It seems your silence condones these actions where I doubt you would be silent if this were a feeder driver and the union were asking to classify it as an "incident". Still, it is not your job to say anything , so I can't blame you.

Lets be honest here. At this point the thread started with a "did anyone here anything about question". So at this point I don't know the details and I don't know if they are true. I'll jump on a soap box and say the management guy should not have done it if you promise to jump on a soap box and do the same thing every time there is an unconfirmed rumor about a union employee. I've seen too many rumors that started out innocent and somehow twisted into something completely different. How bout you?