Liberal Hypocrisy: Hating the rich

Overpaid Union Thug

I believe you two are in the wrong thread if you are here to discuss "classical liberalism". Classical liberalism is not what Big_arrow was regarding this thread towards, but towards modern progressive liberalism, or what can best be defined as statism. I maintain that the modern liberal is one of this countries greatest adversaries because they work from within our borders to tear down this nation and everything it stands for. They are more concerned with the rich who helped provide the capital to create the jobs which built this nation while coddling and appeasing Islamic terrorists who seek to destroy it. I have noticed that the modern liberal has a strong self loathing quality about themselves which drives them to hate what makes their nation great while supporting forces and ideals that seek to tear it down. This is why I maintain that their contributions to society in the future needs to be greatly diminished if we are to get out of the mess we are in today.

Nice clarification. Another question I should have asked initially was this....Why aren't all the limousine liberals lining up in droves to hand over all of their "excessive wealth" to the government? Hmmmm

wkmac

Nice clarification. Another question I should have asked initially was this....Why aren't all the limousine liberals lining up in droves to hand over all of their "excessive wealth" to the government? Hmmmm

Now that would have been a far more effective question and I'd like to hear that answer too although I'm betting the silence would hurt our ears!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Now that would have been a far more effective question and I'd like to hear that answer too although I'm betting the silence would hurt our ears!

They are though, aren't they? combined with any politician.. Not transparently, of course. The extremely wealthy get whatever they want from D or R...of course most every major corporation donates"" near 50/50 or so.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
On the Ma. state tax report there is a box to check if you wish to pay at a higher tax rate. And this being a D controlled state , care to guess how few actually check that box ?

brett636

You are a Romney supporter, correct?

Maybe in your simplified view of the world I am just a Romney supporter, but my support for Romney goes much deeper than just Romney the candidate. I am an "anybody but Obama" supporter. That means that if the republicans nominated an empty beer can for President of the United States a picture of that empty beer can would be on my avatar, I would donate money to its campaign, and I would debate the merits of said empty beer can relentlessly until it defeated the Marxist we have in the white house today. What you obviously don't get is that Obama and Romney are worlds apart on many issues, and even though Romney is not the conservative I desired he is definitely not the Marxist i fear.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Maybe in your simplified view of the world I am just a Romney supporter, but my support for Romney goes much deeper than just Romney the candidate. I am an "anybody but Obama" supporter. That means that if the republicans nominated an empty beer can for President of the United States a picture of that empty beer can would be on my avatar, I would donate money to its campaign, and I would debate the merits of said empty beer can relentlessly until it defeated the Marxist we have in the white house today. What you obviously don't get is that Obama and Romney are worlds apart on many issues, and even though Romney is not the conservative I desired he is definitely not the Marxist i fear.
There you go again. Usually when people begin posts like that, they're reacting out of a position of fear and/or discomfort. just 'sayin.

Then add the irony that the remainder of the post is exactly your own "simplified view"... wow.

brett636

There you go again. Usually when people begin posts like that, they're reacting out of a position of fear and/or discomfort. just 'sayin.

Then add the irony that the remainder of the post is exactly your own "simplified view"... wow.

Its hardly simplified. Its reality. Either accept it, or move onto subjects you don't have to mentally wrestle with so much.

bbsam

Staff member

Exactly. Conceding the election and bolstering his own ego with a reassurance to himself that supporters of the other side are idiots. Not surprised that brett has gone down this road, but I did think Hoaxster had more class than to do so.

brett636

Exactly. Conceding the election and bolstering his own ego with a reassurance to himself that supporters of the other side are idiots. Not surprised that brett has gone down this road, but I did think Hoaxster had more class than to do so.

When he is attempting to sell Barack Obama off as the small government, pro liberty candidate I would think even you can muster enough intellectual honesty to admit that isn't the case.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Your position has been clear for years now. Anyone but Obama. All the nonsense you write about is filtered through the perception that you would vote for a tree stump if the GOP could nominate one.

Nothing new in your post.

You believe your a conservative, and thats your opinion, but in reality, youre a neo-con, and that kind of extremists is dangerous for our country.

peace

TOS

bbsam

Staff member
When he is attempting to sell Barack Obama off as the small government, pro liberty candidate I would think even you can muster enough intellectual honesty to admit that isn't the case.
Small government would have to be pre-FDR. Pro-liberty? Seems everybody has a different idea of what liberty is. Usually whatever the "I" happens to want at any given moment. Neither of these things is in the least bit obtainable.

bbsam

Staff member
I guess none of our liberal posters here can offer anything that debunks or even justifies the pure envy and hypocrisy in their views on the rich.
Because we don't envy the rich. In fact, we probably rarely even think about them beyond paying the collective bills incurred by the United States, bills that they benefit from as much if not more than everybody else. And don't kid yourself. It is they who have contempt for us. When my investments lose 1%, it's easy to shrug my shoulders. When they lose 1%, it's time to call Washington and get another tax cut to fund the jobs they aren't creating.

Overpaid Union Thug

Because we don't envy the rich. In fact, we probably rarely even think about them beyond paying the collective bills incurred by the United States, bills that they benefit from as much if not more than everybody else. And don't kid yourself. It is they who have contempt for us. When my investments lose 1%, it's easy to shrug my shoulders. When they lose 1%, it's time to call Washington and get another tax cut to fund the jobs they aren't creating.

You don't envy them? HA! Now there is a bold faced lie for the ages! LOL! And concerning "collective bills". When almost half the country isn't even helping pay the bills and the top 5% are footing 60% of the bills liberals have no right to use the word "collective". Ronald Reagan said it best. "The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much."

bbsam

Staff member
Seriously. I have a low ceiling for desires. Kinda want a 5.0 Mustang. That's about it. Don't want to travel. Don't want a bigger house to collect more crap and I already work less than most retired people. I like boring.