Lmao

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I know you’re barely human, so you won’t understand, but I’ll explain it to you anyway. I don’t like my job. No big deal, most people don’t like theirs either. What takes it to the next level is the amount of effort this company puts into propaganda to try to convince us how we’re 1) better off here than at any other job, 2) the work we are doing is prestigious and is highly sought after, 3) they have the best interests of the employees in mind. That constant stream of bull:censored2: that runs directly in opposition to the company's actual practices makes it go from a job that I don't like to a job that I hate and can't wait to leave. This pin is just a symbol of all of the things I mentioned about. That's why so many people care.
It irks me as much as when I walk into a store and they announce over the intercom about the social distancing BS and follow it up with, “We’re all in this together”. No, we’re not. Upper management at FedEx is probably safely at home, sheltering in place, coming up with all this BS to pacify the peons and keep us working. Here’s a pin to let you know we care...... while the peons are working their butts off and risking their lives all day, every day. BS.

AB831

It irks me as much as when I walk into a store and they announce over the intercom about the social distancing BS and follow it up with, “We’re all in this together”. No, we’re not. Upper management at FedEx is probably safely at home, sheltering in place, coming up with all this BS to pacify the peons and keep us working. Here’s a pin to let you know we care...... while the peons are working their butts off and risking their lives all day, every day. BS.
He is. Fat Freddy’s last appearance on the Frontline video was taped from inside of his house where he was “sheltering in place.”

fedx

Extra Large Package
Some people like their jobs and like working for FedEx.

Yes, it's called Stockholm Syndrome-you feel sympathy for your abuser. It's also called being a chump. Or it's called being a newbie who hasn't been around the block yet at FredEx. I was once like that. When I first started I was all excited and gung ho thinking wow, I'm working for the famous FedEx. Now, after being there several years, I realized what many people told me was true. FedEx isn't a great place to work. It's a job and that's about it. FedEx doesn't care about paying you market wages and doesn't care that they have a rotating door of people coming and going. They don't pay you for taking on new skills like being DG certified. So, I don't care either. I don't go out of my way to help them out. I do the bare minimum I need to do.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, it's called Stockholm Syndrome-you feel sympathy for your abuser. It's also called being a chump. Or it's called being a newbie who hasn't been around the block yet at FredEx. I was once like that. When I first started I was all excited and gung ho thinking wow, I'm working for the famous FedEx. Now, after being there several years, I realized what many people told me was true. FedEx isn't a great place to work. It's a job and that's about it. FedEx doesn't care about paying you market wages and doesn't care that they have a rotating door of people coming and going. They don't pay you for taking on new skills like being DG certified. So, I don't care either. I don't go out of my way to help them out. I do the bare minimum I need to do.
And I bet when people told you about Fedex in the beginning you thought they were just disgruntled employees with no reason to bitch.

It will be fine

And I bet when people told you about Fedex in the beginning you thought they were just disgruntled employees with no reason to bitch.
From the sounds of the complaints that’s accurate. I think a lot of people don’t really understand their relationship with their employer. If you expect your employer to care about you as a person you’re going to be disappointed.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
From the sounds of the complaints that’s accurate. I think a lot of people don’t really understand their relationship with their employer. If you expect your employer to care about you as a person you’re going to be disappointed.
FedEx Express is/was sold as a Team Concept. When I was hired on, the personnel manager told me I was now family. Your operation obviously has a dog-eat-dog philosophy. Hope for your sake you never need the uncompensated help of your employees. Makes me wonder if you have to buy your friends as well.

"What is the team concept?
Central to most team building concepts is the ability to take a group of individuals with a range of strengths and create a team. ... Individuals flourish as they use and develop their Strengths. People come together building relationships that result in effective Teamwork."

bacha29

It's not that they don't understand their relationship with their employer It's just they refuse to vacuum up to management , (can't use the 'S" word here) in same the manner you do . They don't have to because they don't have any money tied up in it.They know who they are freely accept themselves for what they are and therefore have no need to try to portray themselves as being something or somebody important and indispensable.
And BTW. Believe when you need a job done and your buttocks are on the line if it doesn't get done you going to care a hell of a lot more about that guy if he's all you've got to get that job done.

It will be fine

FedEx Express is/was sold as a Team Concept. When I was hired on, the personnel manager told me I was now family. Your operation obviously has a dog-eat-dog philosophy. Hope for your sake you never need the uncompensated help of your employees. Makes me wonder if you have to buy your friends as well.

"What is the team concept?
Central to most team building concepts is the ability to take a group of individuals with a range of strengths and create a team. ... Individuals flourish as they use and develop their Strengths. People come together building relationships that result in effective Teamwork."
If you believed your manager that you were now a member of their family, that’s on you. Set your expectations closer to reality and it won’t be disappointing when your employer treats you like an employee.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
While I agree with you, FedEx did an excellent job of making people feel otherwise, starting with the PSP philosophy they pounded into our brains. You know, People Service Profit, in that order. Then there are all the bonuses we were given through the years, top notch insurance years ago, Family Day picnics, Christmas parties, profit sharing, etc. etc. Obviously, those things are all in the past, but some people are still brainwashed and are still holding onto that. It’s actually kind of sad. It’s just a job now. No more, no less.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

"Gosh I thought I could just do entry level work forever and make great money even though that only happens at UPS."

fedx

Extra Large Package

Actually no I didn't. I listened to what they said. Now if only 1 or 2 people told me that, I would have chalked it up to what you said about being disgruntled. However, when you have 10 or so people tell you the same thing, then you know there must be a lot of truth to it. It didn't take long either for me to see that what they were saying was true.

fedx

Extra Large Package
"Gosh I thought I could just do entry level work forever and make great money even though that only happens at UPS."

When you say entry level, you're talking about an unskilled kids jobs like McDonalds. FedEx isn't exactly an entry level job like working at Subway or some other fast food gig. And if UPS pays their employees great, why can't FedEx step up a bit too? I'm not asking to be making $35/hr like UPS, but I would like to top out in under 1/5 of a century. Even their 10 year pay progression is a joke. Do you know any other jobs where you're looking at between 10 years (at best) to 20 years (at worst) before they are at top pay scale? If FedEx made their pay progression 5 years you'd have a lot of happy employees who wouldn't be looking for other jobs.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When you say entry level, you're talking about an unskilled kids jobs like McDonalds. FedEx isn't exactly an entry level job like working at Subway or some other fast food gig.

They hire people off the street and all you need is a HS diploma or, I guess, a GED. Entry level.

And if UPS pays their employees great, why can't FedEx step up a bit too? I'm not asking to be making $35/hr like UPS, but I would like to top out in under 1/5 of a century. Even their 10 year pay progression is a joke. Do you know any other jobs where you're looking at between 10 years (at best) to 20 years (at worst) before they are at top pay scale? If FedEx made their pay progression 5 years you'd have a lot of happy employees who wouldn't be looking for other jobs.

If the job/compensation was that bad and the other options were that good, there would be no couriers posting here because they'd have left and taken one of those vastly superior jobs.