Lmao

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Maybe be a bit more cautious in your investments taking into account those affected if you eff up. On yeah, FedEx does no wrong in your eyes.

All that insight and wisdom and they didn't see fit to find a six-figure income job for you????

vantexan

Actually, I’m both. I’ve been very fortunate in that so far, I have had very few injuries. I’m still able to walk with no pain. I’m slow moving when first standing up, but fine after.
In reference to what Dano said, I for one outperformed pretty much all the younger couriers. Then I hit 54. If you're still healthy I hope that holds up for you.

59 Dano

I never applied. Would've meant competing with a-holes and I just don't have that in me. I do like tweaking them on forums however.

"I'd rather try and be smart on the internet for free instead of, you know, trying to make a living with my mind."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
At least you're honest about being lazy.
That’s funny. I have worked my ass off for many years at FedEx, working many splits, Saturdays, and whatever was asked of me. I’ve never been called lazy before. If anything, I’ve always been called a hard worker with a lot of integrity. I think I’ll own lazy til the finish line. I earned it. :)

vantexan

They had no intention -- you know this how?
Because they don't make those kind of decisions spur of the moment. They lured as many people as possible out of the traditional pension the year before so that they wouldn't have to pay them the make up credits given to those forced into the new plan. You know already that big corporations have a long range planning office. This decision was made years before yet every year they sent us material about what we would receive when we retired. And I didn't even bring up how for many years they were telling new hires they would top out in 7-8 years when that was an absolute lie. You must be so proud.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yes. It did. Also back then management was there to help us do our jobs and OLCCs were unheard of. You really had to screw up to get written up for anything. I remember my first year doing SFA and they shuttled us to a Marriott hotel to feed us and do the SFA. For the Feedback meeting we were well fed also. Christmas parties used to be a blast at local hotels.
The feel of Express back then was much different than now. There was a lot of teamwork. We were family.
What year did you start?

The reason I ask is because I started in 1992 and the Christmas parties were already gone and there was no SFA’s held at The Marriott Hotel just at the station with no wining and dining. Stops per hour were also becoming a big deal. I think I missed out on the glory days.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What year did you start?

The reason I ask is because I started in 1992 and the Christmas parties were already gone and there was no SFA’s held at The Marriott Hotel just at the station with no wining and dining. Stops per hour were also becoming a big deal. I think I missed out on the glory days.
I started before you.

vantexan

What year did you start?

When I transferred from the Hub in the 80's to Connecticut was told the district had a dinner for 3000 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in NYC the year before. I never made it to one of those either.

Rhoderunner

Yes. It did. Also back then management was there to help us do our jobs and OLCCs were unheard of. You really had to screw up to get written up for anything. I remember my first year doing SFA and they shuttled us to a Marriott hotel to feed us and do the SFA. For the Feedback meeting we were well fed also. Christmas parties used to be a blast at local hotels.
The feel of Express back then was much different than now. There was a lot of teamwork. We were family.

All true. We were banned from one hotel after a Christmas party. At least monthly a co-worker threw some kind of mind numbing party. Everybody watched out for eachother. Family is absolutely the right word for those days.

CatMan

Oh man what a treat! I’ve seen them four times and it’s a killer show every night. They were the last concert I saw before......you know 😢
Myles is the best singer from his generation by far...! He also sings for Slash!

59 Dano

That’s funny. I have worked my ass off for many years at FedEx, working many splits, Saturdays, and whatever was asked of me. I’ve never been called lazy before. If anything, I’ve always been called a hard worker with a lot of integrity. I think I’ll own lazy til the finish line. I earned it. :)

Someone who admits blowing sick days bragging about integrity.

CatMan

I agree ! When my knees start to give out (like soon)....I'll gladly hand out keys and equipment as a topped out courier with a clear conscience. ..oh, and count paper clips too boot!...30 years? I'm entitled to that more than some hotshot who got hurt within his first year!