Load all NDA's

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Dude, if you really are I.E., please keep posting here, you practically explain all that is wrong in our operations. What hard statistics could possibly justify this statement? Our AM time grows daily, with every pre loader and route you cut, so shove it ya psycho.

this is not at all what IE does, FYI

if you have high AM time it's 100% the fault of your ops management

there are a million ways they can reduce it for you:
  • staggered start times
  • balancing dispatch properly between routes
  • balancing work between shelves on a car
  • having a good lineup to make the preload successful
  • following up on poor load quality
the list could go on; i can't tell you how many times i've gone into a building and found none of those things were being done, tried to get them on board with a few, and got told essentially that it's too much work and they'd rather you just go out and have a sucky day

in fact, i'm probably the only person at UPS, other than safety i suppose, that wants you to have a smooth and stress free day

km3

in fact, i'm probably the only person at UPS, other than safety i suppose, that wants you to have a smooth and stress free day

You and @dudebro both seem like you mean well.

The problem is when you guys post you inadvertently validate the concerns that we have, which is that your respective departments are too far removed from the actual operations to do any good.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

The problem is when you guys post you inadvertently validate the concerns that we have, which is that your respective departments are too far removed from the actual operations to do any good.
i'm in the ops face every day

there are two real problems:
  1. ops management want to act like hourlies: preload supes doing work, on road sups moving misloads; they could be sitting back and activating their brains on how they could functionally improve their operation
  2. refusal to plan ahead: PDS and managers frequently don't want to put effort into anything that involves some thinking/planning
i could go on honestly, but the tl;dr is laziness and an hourly mentality in people who are paid to manage

Indecisi0n

1. ops management want to act like hourlies: preload supes doing work, on road sups moving misloads; they could be sitting back and activating their brains on how they could functionally improve their operation
  2. refusal to plan ahead: PDS and managers frequently don't want to put effort into anything that involves some thinking/planning
i could go on honestly, but the tl;dr is laziness and an hourly mentality in people who are paid to manage
When management has a problem and I could think of multiple ways it could be fixed. They look at me and I just shrug my shoulders and say "I dunno". When they start helping me with my job I'll start helping them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
this is not at all what IE does, FYI

if you have high AM time it's 100% the fault of your ops management

there are a million ways they can reduce it for you:
  • staggered start times
  • balancing dispatch properly between routes
  • balancing work between shelves on a car
  • having a good lineup to make the preload successful
  • following up on poor load quality
the list could go on; i can't tell you how many times i've gone into a building and found none of those things were being done, tried to get them on board with a few, and got told essentially that it's too much work and they'd rather you just go out and have a sucky day

and there we have it.

The IE fantasy world.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Only two problems at ups? You live in a fantasy world. Lol

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You would have to ask management
okay so basically you don't know anything beyond your tiny bubble, thanks for your time

Girls.jpg

dudebro

I can accept that criticism, but I worked hard to be in the thick of the operation every chance I got. I already knew the damned theory.

But most of the IE / employee arguments sum to this:

IE - it should be this way - it's been measured to be the least amount of work.

Employee - well, my building can't / doesn't try to execute it, so IE is WRONG!

It's kinda like we say, "hey - there's a concrete path over the water you can take to stay dry." And the reply is "Well, that guy swimming in the water looks WET to me, genius! So much for all your IE theory!"

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

Ops management are often forced to choose between doing that or continually missing the unattainable numbers IE sets every year.

Business plan on our preload is an 89.7. Yet this month our PKG plan is a 114. I get we have to make money, but that's just stupid. We're forcing more work on less guys and expect everything to be the same. Nobody accounts for the inevitable misload cost involved. And before you tell me we need to run a shorter preload explain to me what we do when DAILY the air trailer is late.

Oh wait, You're going to tell me to put more premium service providers on road to make service on NDA and push the start time back. Then you guys come back and tell me our SPC aren't high enough because we've shortened our work day and we need to cut more routes. It's endless.

In OPS management we don't have the same days everyday. The only constant is you fixed one metric you screwed up on yesterday in favor of another one. In IE's eyes everything is on time everyday, variables never change, and the only reason we don't make our numbers is because we don't want to. I roll in the door at 530 everyday and roll out between 6PM and 7PM. Go ahead and tell me I don't attempt to activate my brain.

KOG72

I’m full of it
So at preload this morning we were told not to tote NDA's and to load them where they're supposed to go.

Having driven this was one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

I asked a sup what the deal was and he said they are trying to save time to which I responded...wouldn't it just be more OT for the much higher paid driver searching for them combined with unexcused service failures? He wasn't impressed and mumbled something and walked away.

I worked as directed regardless and can guarentee there was late air on the one blown out :censored2:can I loaded :)

While walking out I could hear a driver arguing with the center manager about it.

I'm guessing flavor of the week?
Just leave mine behind the truck they want us to account for every nda before we leave