Local 104 refuses to cooperate with the Department of Labor

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The same Andy M that negotiated to take $1.25 from your pension increases to pay for the "carve-out?" The same one that hasn't been able to provide any members of the IIOs completed investigation in regards to this matter? No one steps down as principal officer of his local and JC to pursue a BA job in expensive California if he was squeaky clean, no one!

The IIO did not clear Andy M or 104 of this investigation. The investigation has been completed, however the IRO has not yet reviewed the IDOs recommendations. Luckily for the members the DOLs-Phoenix division which does not have much work at hand began its own investigation and the IIO is apparently cooperating with them. The IIO made it clear that 104 was not cleared of any wrongdoing to the DOL. The matter has not been solved do to greater problems with the IBTs General Executive Board.

Actually, money wasn't "taken" from our pension increases. The $1 allocated to Health, Welfare & Pension traditionally has been split 50/50. Apparently in your world it seems unreasonable to use some of that money to start a stellar healthcare plan from scratch. We already have a guaranteed $9.85/hr going into the plan from the first year of the contract, and any amount added is guaranteed the next year. Nobody here is complaining about their pension checks when they retire, in fact the most common phrase is "I should have retired earlier".

Please, could you point me to where the IIO has "cleared" anyone or a local of an investigation?

I realize you seem to want to portray 104 as being a Local in turmoil, but other than a few misinformed individuals that speak out at GM meetings it's pretty boring around here. Personally, I like hearing the tinfoil hat TDU crowd-of-three speak out, it's usually quite entertaining!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nothing will come out of this. Explain to me/us those doing an investigation would risk any credibility to provide an internet site with any information.
I think, after a year long investigation, intrigue and speculation is certainly warranted in a chat room?
After all, our "great union" has a long established history of unhappy endings??
How can anybody think, at this point, that any notion is not possible???

I do feel sorry for those who treat this "internet site", as a news outlet....

.....although it has great value for those who can sift through the flack.
The DOL has zero balls.
This however, I absolutely agree with.....

.....and it won't get better, before it gets worse.

Fortunately, here locally, it carries with it a significant cost to the accused and is still a valuable tool.

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Actually, money wasn't "taken" from our pension increases. The $1 allocated to Health, Welfare & Pension traditionally has been split 50/50. Apparently in your world it seems unreasonable to use some of that money to start a stellar healthcare plan from scratch. We already have a guaranteed $9.85/hr going into the plan from the first year of the contract, and any amount added is guaranteed the next year. Nobody here is complaining about their pension checks when they retire, in fact the most common phrase is "I should have retired earlier".

Please, could you point me to where the IIO has "cleared" anyone or a local of an investigation?

I realize you seem to want to portray 104 as being a Local in turmoil, but other than a few misinformed individuals that speak out at GM meetings it's pretty boring around here. Personally, I like hearing the tinfoil hat TDU crowd-of-three speak out, it's usually quite entertaining!
How can it be possible, in today's economy, to "start a stellar health care plan from scratch" by dividing up the membership?
Wouldn't the Teamsters have had enormous buying power on the healthcare market, if they included all UPSer's in one big fund, instead of these "carve outs"?

Maybe then, we could have truly call it...... "TeamCare"?

Last edited:

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
How can it be possible, in today's economy, to "start a stellar health care plan from scratch" by dividing up the membership?
Wouldn't the Teamsters have had enormous buying power on the healthcare market, if they included all UPSer's in one big fund, instead of these "carve outs"?

Our membership wasn't divided in the West & Local 177, we were perfectly happy with our Carve Out (it's just one). Sorry the other locals we invited either didn't want, or refused to join our plan. They sure seem to want to now....

Andy did an awesome job negotiating our plan with just the Locals we have. Maybe instead of trying to bring him down you should champion him as the answer for a National health care plan.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our membership wasn't divided in the West & Local 177, we were perfectly happy with our Carve Out (it's just one). Sorry the other locals we invited either didn't want, or refused to join our plan. They sure seem to want to now....

Andy did an awesome job negotiating our plan with just the Locals we have. Maybe instead of trying to bring him down you should champion him as the answer for a National health care plan.
You didn't answer my question, not that you have to?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
What part didn't I answer? Andy created us an amazing healthcare plan, from nothing and in a very short time, which meets or exceeds the benefits we had before and outshines TeamCare in every way. Any deficiency in the beginning was quickly corrected and I haven't heard any complaints about WR&Local177HCP for years. The other option was to accept that TeamCare was the best our "enormous buying power" was going to get us and we proved that was not the case. If your local didn't sign on then that is a question for your executive board, or do you only participate online where you can be anonymous?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The same Andy M that negotiated to take $1.25 from your pension increases to pay for the "carve-out?" The same one that hasn't been able to provide any members of the IIOs completed investigation in regards to this matter? No one steps down as principal officer of his local and JC to pursue a BA job in expensive California if he was squeaky clean, no one!

The IIO did not clear Andy M or 104 of this investigation. The investigation has been completed, however the IRO has not yet reviewed the IDOs recommendations. Luckily for the members the DOLs-Phoenix division which does not have much work at hand began its own investigation and the IIO is apparently cooperating with them. The IIO made it clear that 104 was not cleared of any wrongdoing to the DOL. The matter has not been solved do to greater problems with the IBTs General Executive Board.

Still waiting to hear where the IIO has cleared anybody......

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What part didn't I answer?
Take off your rose colored glasses and try to be objective and without political bias, then consider the question again....please.

twoweeled

This is a dirty Local. The dues paying members of this Local should be up in arms and demanding answers immediately. The Dept of Labor does not play, they will get to the bottom of this. Oh yeah, hey uhm, A.M. just because you flaked out and moved away don't for one second think you are in the clear. Power to the Members!!
I know nothing about this local. I say, let the investigation take place and show the Local is clean - or not!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Take off your rose colored glasses and try to be objective and without political bias, then consider the question again....please.

Objection, compound question asked and answered. Stop obfuscating and if you have a criticism then state it plainly. I don't play your games sorry.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Objection, compound question asked and answered. Stop obfuscating and if you have a criticism then state it plainly. I don't play your games sorry.
I'm not playing a game and don't know who Andy is or even where Local 104 is located (I'm assuming out west somewhere?).

Fact remains, you haven't answered the question at all???
Perhaps you can't...and that's your game?

While you may try and assert that it is a "compound question", it really isn't...

...I may have interjected rhetorically, so I will "dumb it down" for you.

How is it that this Andy was able to secure a "superior healthcare plan" for a smaller, segregated segment of the membership???

Please help me understand Andy's alchemistic wizardry of one the most volatile, inflated industries in our country.

Last edited:

twoweeled

I'm not playing a game and don't know who Andy is or even where Local 104 is located.
Fact remains, you haven't answered the question at all???

Perhaps you can't and that's your game?

While you may try and assert that it is a "compound question", it really isn't...

...so I will dumb it down for you.

How is it that this Andy was able to secure a "superior healthcare plan" for a smaller, segregated segment of the membership???

Please help me understand Andy's alchemistic wizardry of one the most volatile, inflated industries in our country.

I think during the last contract negotiations, there was someone named, Andy who went around the country pushing the healthcare changes as remaining the same. This person named Andy was holding a Town Hall type meeting in many places, convincing us the healthcare was remaining the same. He told retirees that there was virtually no change to what the retiree would experience in their health plan. Retirees know one thing for sure, that was one big lie.
BUT I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS THE SAME ANDY.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2370.PNG
I think during the last contract negotiations, there was someone named, Andy who went around the country pushing the healthcare changes as remaining the same. This person named Andy was holding a Town hall type meeting in many places, convincing us the healthcare was remaining the same. He told retirees that there was virtually no change to what the retiree would experience in their health plan. Retirees know one thing for sure, that was one big lie.
BUT I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS THE SAME ANDY.

Maybe it was this guy