Local 177 Election

ShopStewardLocal177

They also have Central Jersey and South Jersey. That means they cover the entire State of NJ and some on NY. It's not an easy job. As you know how long were you a steward again?

Gr8fulMark

They do not cover the whole state they cover south central NJ there are 4 bldgs in South Jersey that are covered by the Philadelphia District I was a steward for 15 years

ShopStewardLocal177

They came back to the district April 5th 2010. I know this for a fact since my step son is a driver in Tinton Falls. They are part of the NJ district in UPS. BUT they never left Local 177. They always were in this local so 177 had to cover the area.

ShopStewardLocal177

You are right, Lakewood is the end of 177. The buildings are Lakewood, Tinton Falls, Trenton, Edison, Staten Island, Gould ave, Meadowlands,
Parsippany, Bound Brook, Mt. Olive,Chester, New Windsor,Saddle Brook, Spring Valley. Saddle Brook and Spring Valley. They are also one of Locals that have a supplemental agreement as well as the National Master Agreement.

Gr8fulMark

you are right about the bldg's they cover And the fact that some bldgs never left the local. but they do not cover the whole state. Maybe 70% at most. They also represent a few Township Municapalites. Again i never said it was a easy job. Lets not be so informal your first name is * right?

They also have Central Jersey and South Jersey. That means they cover the entire State of NJ and some on NY. It's not an easy job. As you know how long were you a steward again?

local804

You are right, Lakewood is the end of 177. The buildings are Lakewood, Tinton Falls, Trenton, Edison, Staten Island, Gould ave, Meadowlands,
Parsippany, Bound Brook, Mt. Olive,Chester, New Windsor,Saddle Brook, Spring Valley. Saddle Brook and Spring Valley. They are also one of Locals that have a supplemental agreement as well as the National Master Agreement.

Pretty strange that a NJ local has a NY building in Staten Island.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I think that 177 should vote out the Union entirely and trust UPS Management to do right by them.

Isn't that the basic premise that Jim Casey established? Shouldn't we all work towards that end? I want to be happy to come to work.

Gr8fulMark

I think that 177 should vote out the Union entirely and trust UPS Management to do right by them.

Isn't that the basic premise that Jim Casey established? Shouldn't we all work towards that end? I want to be happy to come to work.

Ha Ha Thats funny Obviously you are not management because they aren't even the dumb
have you seen the cuts they have made to there own management no raises and the benefits are so expensive and useless

tieguy

Banned
I guess that is your line when you cannot provide the info that was asked to back up your accusation. I'll be quiet now so I dont wind up on your ignore list.:wink2:

I guess it is my "line". You guys run a lot of intelligence gathering on the company and we pay attention to the unions their finances and their spending and litigation habits. Its not hard to figure out that a local is chasing all kinds of frivilous crap one minute and suddenly only fighting the important termination / language cases the next minute. Smart locals also weigh the cost of the litigation before deciding to chase a case.

tieguy

Banned

LOL, what they should do is go work for the union since they think the union pays their check.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I guess it is my "line". You guys run a lot of intelligence gathering on the company and we pay attention to the unions their finances and their spending and litigation habits. Its not hard to figure out that a local is chasing all kinds of frivilous crap one minute and suddenly only fighting the important termination / language cases the next minute. Smart locals also weigh the cost of the litigation before deciding to chase a case.

Again, another dodged question. How bad must I beat you before I wind up on that list your carrying around? Im turning myself in to teh police station now for elderly abuse!:happy2:

tieguy

Banned
Again, another dodged question. How bad must I beat you before I wind up on that list your carrying around? Im turning myself in to teh police station now for elderly abuse!:happy2:

The only thing you're beating is that peashooter you call your little friend.

If you're looking for recent examples you probably don't have to look any further then the mighty 804. Lots of financial issues and turmoil there. Actually lost a production case involving a steward? How does that happen?

Heck look at those shenanigans your local played at conract time. Talked all that smack but caved when it came time to put up or shut up.

You guys try to put on airs but the fact is all that littigation is expensive. if you don't chase all those BS cases that some member throws out there then you run the risk of a no confidence vote.

But again management sees what goes on and knows why your guys suddenly lose interest in all but the most important cases.
The sad thing is when you lose one of those important cases then it is magnified because your leadership is not chasing as much as they used to. I'm sure 804 losing that production case in the mighty ball busting ex ron carey local was another nail in the coffin of those who lead that union.

Omega man

If you're looking for recent examples you probably don't have to look any further then the mighty 804. Lots of financial issues and turmoil there. Actually lost a production case involving a steward? How does that happen?

Heck look at those shenanigans your local played at conract time. Talked all that smack but caved when it came time to put up or shut up.

You guys try to put on airs but the fact is all that littigation is expensive. if you don't chase all those BS cases that some member throws out there then you run the risk of a no confidence vote.

But again management sees what goes on and knows why your guys suddenly lose interest in all but the most important cases.
The sad thing is when you lose one of those important cases then it is magnified because your leadership is not chasing as much as they used to. I'm sure 804 losing that production case in the mighty ball busting ex ron carey local was another nail in the coffin of those who lead that union.

I think your misinformation is a bit old. This Local has just voted in a whole new Executive Board. It's a whole new game over there now.

T Princess Local 866

Hi all, New here, Just wondering about this election. Why do you think you would be better in the Executive Board then the people on it now? What will you do to change what is going on, or what you think is going on. HOW will you do it? A union is only as strong as it's rank and file.. You can't beat people up (ok maybe in my Dad's days you could) But not now. Give us some examples of what you would do. Some people say they are only taking care of small stuff. You have to handle any grievance that a member gives you. You don't just pick and choose what will make you look good. If a grievance is put in by a member it's big to them. I saw everything they took to the board, Yes alot is deadlocked but at least they took it there and tried. Deadlock only means that it's going to arbitration now. UPS is not playing nice, I think they are doing a great job. I ask you to tell me what your plans are to do better, just don't say we need change. Last time someone said that we got stuck with Obama! I think you should pick a new slogan.... So what are you going to do to "change" it and don't give me a Bush or Obama answer.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I cant tell, did I make it in your list?