Local 177 Election

tieguy

Banned
Hi all, New here, Just wondering about this election. Why do you think you would be better in the Executive Board then the people on it now? What will you do to change what is going on, or what you think is going on. HOW will you do it? A union is only as strong as it's rank and file.. You can't beat people up (ok maybe in my Dad's days you could) But not now. Give us some examples of what you would do. Some people say they are only taking care of small stuff. You have to handle any grievance that a member gives you. You don't just pick and choose what will make you look good. If a grievance is put in by a member it's big to them. I saw everything they took to the board, Yes alot is deadlocked but at least they took it there and tried. Deadlock only means that it's going to arbitration now. UPS is not playing nice, I think they are doing a great job. I ask you to tell me what your plans are to do better, just don't say we need change. Last time someone said that we got stuck with Obama! I think you should pick a new slogan.... So what are you going to do to "change" it and don't give me a Bush or Obama answer.

all good questions. At the same time I respect grateful marks interests in keeping the election debate civil. It is a refreshing change from the standard local cowtowing to the company crap that gets posted here.

705red

Browncafe Steward
all good questions. At the same time I respect grateful marks interests in keeping the election debate civil. It is a refreshing change from the standard local cowtowing to the company crap that gets posted here.

Why must you jump in every union topic? You obviously cannot vote because you are in management, yet you flock to all these threads. Is there a little Teamster in you trying to come out??????

T Princess Local 866

Tie being civil is one thing but we all know this site is monitored. By management. That is why people don't use there. Name like me. If Mark want to use his name go for it. A few post ago I seen him try to figure out someone name and threw a name out there. THis is a fellow teamster he shouuld know better then to throw out names. I have seen people get in trouble at work over comments made here. Bad form for an ex shopsteward to do this. To me that is not civil that just mean. Sorry no punctuation. But typing on mobile and can't see squat. LOL.

Blizzard

Why must you jump in every union topic? You obviously cannot vote because you are in management, yet you flock to all these threads. Is there a little Teamster in you trying to come out??????

yea tie what are you doing. Don't you know browncafe is a teamster site?:wink2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
yea tie what are you doing. Don't you know browncafe is a teamster site?:wink2:

No one ever said it was a Teamster site! However certains threads peopel happen to post in and they have no clue on what they are talking about. Like this one, why should a sup comment on union election threads? He is here trying to stir the pot. Why does he run to Hoffas defense in another thread? Because he knows who butters his bread and he does not want change.

Nothing the matter with reading every thread, but I have no business posting in a TSG discussion because its not my place. And some people do not know their place!:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
No one ever said it was a Teamster site! However certains threads peopel happen to post in and they have no clue on what they are talking about. Like this one, why should a sup comment on union election threads? He is here trying to stir the pot. Why does he run to Hoffas defense in another thread? Because he knows who butters his bread and he does not want change.

Nothing the matter with reading every thread, but I have no business posting in a TSG discussion because its not my place. And some people do not know their place!:wink2:

god you cry a lot. if you werent posting so much misinformation it wouldn't matter what I did. :happy2:

T Princess Local 866

250 E-mail address'. Some you "took" off of facebook. You ask people to join your friend B page, as a friend, Then you send a request to join your group against local 177 executive board. I did not join but yet I still rec'd an e mail from you about when the General Meeting is. I never gave you my e mail address. No I won't give you my name, so throw all the names out in public you want to call me. Maybe you might hit who I am maybe you won't. A Teamster would never put a fellow Brother/sister up on the chopping block like you did. That really get's my goat since I been on the net since it started and you never ever use a real name. Shame on you.

Teamster Princess Local 866 for 51 years!

T Princess Local 866

P.S. still waiting on reply's to all my questions. What's your Platform? Please don't say not to fly planes. There are many more people then full time employee's at UPS. Not every issue 177 has is a FT issue. The billboard was more for the inside employee. I have seen boxes stacked so high up I could not see over them. I am a very tall person So that is high. I have seen packages fall and hit people in the head, The Plane was for everyone, stop mistreating the employee's. You find a union bad when they try to save life's of there rank and file? I find that Local 177 is brave for going up against such a big company. Life would be great if we could just work/be safe. Again what would you do to keep the rank and file safe? You walk into the building and they clean it up the second a BA comes in. The second they leave it's a mess again. It's a cat and mouse game. My father fought big fights in his day so that all the teamsters out there can have what they have today. We all take it for granted. It's not easy to be a Shopsteward, Delegate, Business Agent or like my dear old dad a President. Like I said before you just can't go in the building and beat them up.

Teamster Princess Local 866

Gr8fulMark

Hey Princess if you are so happy why don't you put your name out there Check my Profile my real name is on it you said Facebook my name and picture is on that

I am not hiding like you I am working for these guys who want change We will have plenty of format's coming to debate in pubic and online

We are not surrendering to smear campaigns This is only a start we have people in every building getting involved

The email address is just a start for us to communicate ideas and to gather information

WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU

Let The Rank and File Vote this FALL 2010

Voting is a right

T Princess Local 866

Hey Mark this is the United States of America. I can choose if i want to put my name on the internet or not. I don't need you to try to coerce me into giving my name out on the net. Let me give you a lesson on the net. It seems you just don't get it. The net is a big bad place for both male and females. You don't use your real name in a chat room, or a message board. As a lady I would not do that for all the tea in China. Staying a lady with you is another point. Don't come in here like you are my owner or boss telling me if I am happy I should give the world my name. What planet are you on? YOU should know again I must teach you. Note all the management who are on this board. Some talk some lurk. They are all there looking knowing. So again as a fellow brother Teamster who is trying to you care about the rank and file. If we don't agree with your stance, or
God forbid ask you to show us your platform. Let's attack our fellow Brother/Sister teamster and try to play the "my daddy and beat up your daddy game" tell me your name nannie nannie poo poo... Get a grip Mark if you choose to use your name go right ahead. I CHOOSE not to. AGAIN I have seen fellow teamsters get in trouble for what they say on this board. As for your Emails again I got one today. I never gave you my e mail address. Your like a bot on the net. You go trolling for e mail address out on face book then come in here saying you have 250 e mail address. Well you legally for sure only have 249 cos mine was gotten bot wise. Another net lesson mr we will get back to you... what is that? First if you put things in caps you are shouting. Why are you shouting on the net. Do you think it makes you louder? If your going to come on a board and start a thread come on with facts not fiction. Hell hath no fury.....

Love

T Princess Local 866

As for face book ... I have a real picture and ALL my real names from birth to ..Now on it. I am not on facebook here am I? This is the brown cafe last I looked. No one is saying Voting is bad. I just asked question and looking for your answers. All you do is come in do the twist and twist on out of here.

Gr8fulMark

Hey Mark this is the United States of America. I can choose if i want to put my name on the internet or not. I don't need you to try to coerce me into giving my name out on the net. Let me give you a lesson on the net. It seems you just don't get it. The net is a big bad place for both male and females. You don't use your real name in a chat room, or a message board. As a lady I would not do that for all the tea in China. Staying a lady with you is another point. Don't come in here like you are my owner or boss telling me if I am happy I should give the world my name. What planet are you on? YOU should know again I must teach you. Note all the management who are on this board. Some talk some lurk. They are all there looking knowing. So again as a fellow brother Teamster who is trying to you care about the rank and file. If we don't agree with your stance, or
God forbid ask you to show us your platform. Let's attack our fellow Brother/Sister teamster and try to play the "my daddy and beat up your daddy game" tell me your name nannie nannie poo poo... Get a grip Mark if you choose to use your name go right ahead. I CHOOSE not to. AGAIN I have seen fellow teamsters get in trouble for what they say on this board. As for your Emails again I got one today. I never gave you my e mail address. Your like a bot on the net. You go trolling for e mail address out on face book then come in here saying you have 250 e mail address. Well you legally for sure only have 249 cos mine was gotten bot wise. Another net lesson mr we will get back to you... what is that? First if you put things in caps you are shouting. Why are you shouting on the net. Do you think it makes you louder? If your going to come on a board and start a thread come on with facts not fiction. Hell hath no fury.....

Love

No problem I know who you are and didn't give out your name If you have something to say about someone you shouldn't say it if you can't back it up with your own name

if you are getting an email just reply back to it saying take me off list and the Administrator will remove you

Never said i was your daddy
never said a negative thing about you
I stand by what i say and my actions prove it
I Have over 30 years myself as a teamster, attend every union meeting that i can and get involved in every situation i can to help out

I just don't show up for the OPEN bars

I was not shouting

WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU is a slogan (bumper sticker) you will see and hear a lot

The Election is a short process and when its over we will all be one happy family
Only Positive actions will come from this campaign

Have a good weekend

And GOD BLESS AMERICA for our right to CHOOSE

Last edited:

T Princess Local 866

NO you don't know who I am never met you one day of my life As for my email I point out you stole it. You went on Facebook and copy and pasted it into your address book. I have 51 years behind me. You already start your platform on a lie and dishonestly by stealing e mails then making it sound like I gave it to you. Shame on you. As for open bars I front drink. Again you try to sound as you know my name and who I am what is the deal with that? Why are peoples names. So important to you on the net? Do you think saying you. Know me scares me? Or is it people who apose you need to be know because if your slate wins there will be repercussions? Are we to be lined up and shot at dawn? And oh he?l no you could never be my father. Give up the scare tactics with the names big brother is watching. If you cared about fellow teamsters names would not be an issue in here mark.

Gr8fulMark

NO you don't know who I am never met you one day of my life As for my email I point out you stole it. You went on Facebook and copy and pasted it into your address book. I have 51 years behind me. You already start your platform on a lie and dishonestly by stealing e mails then making it sound like I gave it to you. Shame on you. As for open bars I front drink. Again you try to sound as you know my name and who I am what is the deal with that? Why are peoples names. So important to you on the net? Do you think saying you. Know me scares me? Or is it people who apose you need to be know because if your slate wins there will be repercussions? Are we to be lined up and shot at dawn? And oh he?l no you could never be my father. Give up the scare tactics with the names big brother is watching. If you cared about fellow teamsters names would not be an issue in here mark.

I do know you and your family and know that you are good teamsters

you just have to reply back to that email and you will not get another

We are close to 500 emails now Only about 5 women have responded and 3 of them are very interested in making this local much better

This is just an election process When October comes and goes all candidates winners or losers will shake hands and move on to keep the local strong
Everyone hopes for an election every 3 years to at least keep the ones in office on there toes

We Demand Management to treat us with respect and dignity
shouldn't we expect that from ourselves also

the father thing i never brought up I am proud to be a father and in no way Do i get involved with any one else's Family issues

If you don't recognize my from my facebook picture feel free to delete me as a friend

T Princess Local 866

Wrong you don't know my family my God get over the lets figure out who people are for Christmas sakes I ask for your platform and all I get is I know who u r. Is that your platform? As for your pm to me that. Your sorry you offended me....two sentences after that you tell me to say hello to two men saying names sorry mark I ain't her. So you say hello to the men and stop pming me trying to figure out who I am. Open your own message board and demand the people who join to use there real names Cheryl does not demand that here read the tis no name that don't want to be used should not be used. This has not even. Been a thread about 177 its been about what's ur name just give it up. My goodness.

Gr8fulMark

I understand people don't want there name on the web
I started some email chain to force an election
We Have not had an election in 9 years
I strongly pushed no negativity
Just Issues and Ways to make our Local stronger
If i offended anyone you can contact me personally at [email protected]

I do not believe in smear campaigns and hope for a FAIR election process
I will help anyone to achieve this process

Don't believe what you hear on the web
Unless someone does show you proof and stands behind it with there own name

Like scams if sounds to good to be true it sure is

T Princess Local 866

Boy I don't understand you. You went to the General Meeting. Kept your mouth shut till the end. When someone asked you if you were running you SCREAMED. "I'M NOT RUNNING, I KNOW PEOPLE THAT ARE." Yes you give your name bravo to you. You still want to push an issue that should have been dead about 6 posts agol Yes the lady does not want her name on the net. Period end of story, done, over with. Do I have to use more words that mean shut the FECK up with the name's already. So you are saying all the Men and Woman on this site that choose not to say there names are full of bull dinky? Maybe it's the other way around. You come in here like congo man banging your chest on the the net so brave. When someone asks you in person at the GM. I won't say what you had between your legs because I am a lady and oh what a picture that paints in my head! You want an election no problems like Red said Let's spend about $75 thousand dollars of Teamster money (rank and file) so we have one. SMEAR campaign!!! On your facebook you had a picture of our President Mr. Obama making him look like some African from the jungle type person. It's America dude you have the right to do that. ONLY if you are going to run for an office or speak for people who are running for office you don't put such races things on your page. So someone copied your page and handed it out at the general meeting. Boohoo you put it on the net it's free rein. Yes I seen you took it off already. That is not a smear campaign that is stating a fact. Must I remind you that the Teamsters come in every size, shape, color and sex. How dare you insult at least half of our rank and file with that copy and paste picture! You start a thread but you don't say squat in it. You want change last time i heard that we got obama. I don't like him but I would not and will not insult people with races things. At the GM you did not say one issue or reason. That is all I am asking for is what is your Platform. You say sept is when you will come out and give it. Then in Sept you should have started this thread. You really should have called this thread "HEY PRINCESS WHAT IS YOUR NAME" Thread. Everyone in brown Cafe please Mark insist that we all must use our real names or our post's are invalid and means nothing to anyone, OH wait it's not anyone it's Mark. You really get my goat Mark. Or maybe you are the Goat, You know not one of the people you are standing behind is saying anything. So maybe you are there Sacrificial Goat. If what you believe in is right just state what the facts are. That is all I keep asking FACTS, REASONS, YOU on other hand asks for Names Names and oh yeah Names. Now is this nice two dead heads fighting like this. Would Jerry want this LOL.. Peace Love and the
Grateful Dead.