Local 177 Election

Gr8fulMark

i did not post that picture also I never said i was running for office I really do hate the politics I just want people to vote
Just like the presidential election and the current school board elections
We need to vote and then support who ever wins the election no matter what election it is
There was plenty of key issues at this meeting
the least was me
I wanted a chance to address that smear campaign
But I was set up
No problem I will help with anything i can to have an election
most of the money will come from the international for our election

Again I am sorry to have made you so mad I understand how you feel

Great to hear you are a dead head search my name and you will find access to a web site with some great live dead music
enjoy

Information is great
but wrong information is a terrible thing

if you want i will delete this whole message But i don't want to delete if you think i have something to hide

The email chain is still running and the person running said he has no response of anyone that doesn't want to receive emails if it continues
please let me know i will get you name off if you want

T Princess Local 866

Mark the IBT in Washington DC money is the Rank and Files money. The money does not grow on Trees. It comes from Rank and File all around America. It's like saying let's have a state vote, but don't worry it's coming form the Federal government. It's still peoples money. I never said you were running for office either. I stated that it is not nice to have such pictures on your web site even if you are associated with people who are running. If you come on a board and stir things up, you have to understand you are now in the political part of a election. It's simple if people put there names on the list and they get nominated then the race is on. You coming out and saying the now slate is not doing there job. All I ask is that you put your money where your mouth is and tell us what they are not doing right. The Plane and the Billboard's were da bomb. It's not just UPS seeing them. The plane was in the sky.. People all around seen it not just the UPS hot shots. It was brilliant! What a few thousand dollars that might have cost? It brought the mistreatment of the rank and file to public BRAVO. The billboards? It showed a UPS worker with boxes falling on him, saying to the world, for UPS to stop putting our fellow brothers/sister's into harms way. That was just beautiful. It was not just on some small street in NJ. IT was on the NJ Turnpike. Just the biggest road in NJ. It's also called I95 which is the road that takes you from Main to the Fla Key's. Everyone in all states seen that. All they want is fair treatment and for UPS to honor the contract. It's not an easy thing to do. I wish it was easy go in the door say "hey dude the contract" response "dudddee sorry your right" It's not like that. It's hard and alot of legal fighting has to be done. You got me mad by insisting that I put my name on this. That's where you got me mad. Also not answering any of my questions. All you cared about is names. Come on we know Jerry's woman was Mountain girl. Did you go up to Jerry and say MG has to tell me her name? As for the Email that got me angry too, You or whomever TOOK my email off of facebook did not ask. Then you send me emails that I do not want. Yes I can write and say take my name off the list. Then again that would be saying who I am and I do not want to do that. See very good on the net here. Don't steal Emails bad form.

You don't have to delete this thread Just stop with trying to figure out peoples names. Not cool. Unless you plan to use them in some evil way.

Gr8fulMark

no evil ways intended and i am glad you are happy with the current situation we have with the local
not everyone is
I have already ran for local election 1 other time and understand the burden it is
also realize how hard the job is
I am not complaining about either

I put my name out there and will accept what goes along with that
Just wanted a chance to voice my opinion

I thought the billboards and planes was a little to much
my opinion only
I thought you called me out for using some ones name and you were right about that
I have no problem not knowing yours. did i say your name? If i did i apologize for that
I asked you once and that was wrong

Lets leave the main issues to email or pm not on this board
I will not talk about the issues good or bad on this forum

we were just looking for people to get involved for the elections coming up

You are doing fine defending this current E board and your issues I hope you are a steward or want to be one
you can really help the people

Again maybe when its all over we can just chat about the Music
I saw further in December
John from DSO did a great job

if you get a chance listen to Hurricane from Buffalo 2/2010

T Princess Local 866

Good Question tie, No I am from the same local Just my dad was the President of Local 866. From birth I was a Teamster Princess. I use this name for My Father. Glad to see someone besides Me and Mark talking anyway. :happy-very:

Gr8fulMark

I am getting pm's from people who find this very entertaining

I am glad you are involved more people like you will make this union a lot stronger

have a good week

deleted9

Mark the IBT in Washington DC money is the Rank and Files money. The money does not grow on Trees. It comes from Rank and File all around America. It's like saying let's have a state vote, but don't worry it's coming form the Federal government. It's still peoples money. I never said you were running for office either. I stated that it is not nice to have such pictures on your web site even if you are associated with people who are running. If you come on a board and stir things up, you have to understand you are now in the political part of a election. It's simple if people put there names on the list and they get nominated then the race is on. You coming out and saying the now slate is not doing there job. All I ask is that you put your money where your mouth is and tell us what they are not doing right. The Plane and the Billboard's were da bomb. It's not just UPS seeing them. The plane was in the sky.. People all around seen it not just the UPS hot shots. It was brilliant! What a few thousand dollars that might have cost? It brought the mistreatment of the rank and file to public BRAVO. The billboards? It showed a UPS worker with boxes falling on him, saying to the world, for UPS to stop putting our fellow brothers/sister's into harms way. That was just beautiful. It was not just on some small street in NJ. IT was on the NJ Turnpike. Just the biggest road in NJ. It's also called I95 which is the road that takes you from Main to the Fla Key's. Everyone in all states seen that. All they want is fair treatment and for UPS to honor the contract. It's not an easy thing to do. I wish it was easy go in the door say "hey dude the contract" response "dudddee sorry your right" It's not like that. It's hard and alot of legal fighting has to be done. You got me mad by insisting that I put my name on this. That's where you got me mad. Also not answering any of my questions. All you cared about is names. Come on we know Jerry's woman was Mountain girl. Did you go up to Jerry and say MG has to tell me her name? As for the Email that got me angry too, You or whomever TOOK my email off of facebook did not ask. Then you send me emails that I do not want. Yes I can write and say take my name off the list. Then again that would be saying who I am and I do not want to do that. See very good on the net here. Don't steal Emails bad form.

You don't have to delete this thread Just stop with trying to figure out peoples names. Not cool. Unless you plan to use them in some evil way.

I have one question regarding violating the collective bargaining agreement, that local says ups is violating the collective bargaining agreement if thats what i read correctly, isn't it true that in that agreement it states that the union will act in the best interests of the company, not sure what article, but it seems that they are doing the same thing they claim the company is doing when they slander the ups name. just my opinion.

Gr8fulMark

i meant its a good thing she is involved in our local
we have 8500 members and we are lucky to get 150 to a general membership meeting
she has stood up for what she believes in
Wish we had more people like her

T Princess Local 866

Unit, You are taking the contract out of content. The banner and the plane did not Besmirched UPS in any way it should not have. I have seen many boxes fall on people. I have seen people get hurt from boxes being piled up high sups telling the hourly if you stop you are not working as directed. Then the boxes come down that is unsafe. Why should people work unsafe. The contract states that all employee's should be safe. Even if we don't talk contract let's talk policy book. Yes UPS policy book states that no employee should have to work un safe. As for the union acting in the best for the company, doing work that is union work is breaking the contract. In no way is doing union work in the best for the company. Unless you mean the company does not have to pay the union employee as much as they would because a supervisor did their work. You can twist words how every you want. If it's in the best interest of the company that the hourly works fast and hurts himself, But we got that truck out in time. Our main fight is safety for our rank and file. There is give and take in every contract even a divorce contract LOL..

Teamster Princess 866

deleted9

Unit, You are taking the contract out of content. The banner and the plane did not Besmirched UPS in any way it should not have. I have seen many boxes fall on people. I have seen people get hurt from boxes being piled up high sups telling the hourly if you stop you are not working as directed. Then the boxes come down that is unsafe. Why should people work unsafe. The contract states that all employee's should be safe. Even if we don't talk contract let's talk policy book. Yes UPS policy book states that no employee should have to work un safe. As for the union acting
:angryin the best for the company, doing work that is union work is breaking the contract. In no way is doing union work in the best for the company. Unless you mean the company does not have to pay the union employee as much as they would because a supervisor did their work. You can twist words how every you want. If it's in the best interest of the company that the hourly works fast and hurts himself, But we got that truck out in time. Our main fight is safety for our rank and file. There is give and take
in every contract even a divorce contract LOL..

Teamster Princess 866

I guess what I don't understand, is you are concerned about employee safety I definitely agree that safety is priority one, for a local to make a blanket statement that ups doesn't care about the safety of it's employees is ridiculas, slanderous and totally untrue. Do you have any idea how much money ups spends on training it's employees to work safe, how much money ups spends fixing, repairing, and changing things in the facilities to make things safe for all employees, if you know anything about ups they don't just spend money on anything, but they spend millions a year on safety.

T Princess Local 866

I am in the know about UPS safety, I stand for it in my building. Yes they spend millions on safety the corp people. The problem with it is they don't follow it. You don't stack boxes so high a foot person can't see over it. To walk down aisle you have to jump over boxes. How about the loaders in the trucks? The egresses are so blocked, Again sometimes 4 to 5 feet high, God forbid if there is a un marked haz mat in one of the boxes and it breaks. The Men and woman would never get out without serious problems. I work and Live safety in my building. I see it all. I am all for the company teaching safety. Let them really put it into action. They push and push boxes down shoots till they are all over the floor or falling on workers. You call that safety it's all on paper not in practice. I can only talk about the building I am in and what I see. Just like any company just one bad seed can cause the entire company stinking. It's like the Drivers they can't show there Tattoos, or have long hair. Why because they are reps for the company. Each building each supervisor is also a rep for the company. If they are doing unsafe and bad thins well that's the rep the company will get. Now unit i do see you are famous for just causing problems I mean in the minus in your reps. Oh dear. If you want to continue this drone on about safety open a new thread called UPS safety and how wonderful they are, I am done.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I guess what I don't understand, is you are concerned about employee safety I definitely agree that safety is priority one, for a local to make a blanket statement that ups doesn't care about the safety of it's employees is ridiculas, slanderous and totally untrue. Do you have any idea how much money ups spends on training it's employees to work safe, how much money ups spends fixing, repairing, and changing things in the facilities to make things safe for all employees, if you know anything about ups they don't just spend money on anything, but they spend millions a year on safety.

Amazing 1 retired sup and an active sup chimimg in another teamster discusiion. 2 bits what year exactly did you retire? Because I have dozens of pictures of unsafe egress issues and grievances filed on it. Only to have to call OSHA to get it fixed. If those billboards or teh flyover saved one injury it was money well spent.

As to the OP you still have not discussed what issues that the current admin is not doing that you or your people could do better or change. A sign of a strong local is a white paper election. I have not heard anything bad about 177 at all, so I do not see why anyone would think they are not doing their jobs. Look at the national panel, filed with 177 cases.

JonFrum

Correction. UPS spends millions on Compliance. Only a small fraction is actually spent on effective Safety instruction and fixing unsafe conditions.

JonFrum

I have one question regarding violating the collective bargaining agreement, that local says ups is violating the collective bargaining agreement if thats what i read correctly, isn't it true that in that agreement it states that the union will act in the best interests of the company, not sure what article, but it seems that they are doing the same thing they claim the company is doing when they slander the ups name. just my opinion.

If you are referring to Article 37, that language only applies to bargaining unit employees, and only while on duty. Not to the Union or its officials. It is actually illegal for a Union to sign an agreement to act in the "best interests of the Company." So called "Company Unions" were outlawed years ago. Besides, the Truth is always a defense against a charge of slander.
Article 37 --- Management-Employee Relations
Section 1.
(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day's work for a fair day's pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer's interest. . .
- - - -
Gr8fulMrk, you wrote, "most of the money will come from the international for our election."
Isn't the cost of a local election paid for by the Local, not the International?

deleted9

Amazing 1 retired sup and an active sup chimimg in another teamster discusiion. 2 bits what year exactly did you retire? Because I have dozens of pictures of unsafe egress issues and grievances filed on it. Only to have to call OSHA to get it fixed. If those billboards or teh flyover saved one injury it was money well spent.

As to the OP you still have not discussed what issues that the current admin is not doing that you or your people could do better or change. A sign of a strong local is a white paper election. I have not heard anything bad about 177 at all, so I do not see why anyone would think they are not doing their jobs. Look at the national panel, filed with 177 cases.

first of all i was not a sup, 2ndly when i retired is none of your business, also if its posted on here its an open discussion, not your personal complaint forum, you just don't don't like the responses..... too bad....... as far as 177 cases filed with the national panel, about 90% were deadlocked, the rest were overruled except 1. if you bothered to look about 40 cases were about the same thing, just different occurances , and all of them were deadlocked, apparently you think the more they put in the harder they are working for you, how about less with some meaningful substance in them, also check their win rate at the arbitrations they have had, its not very impressive, i was also told by a fairly reliable source, that all the arbitrations scheduled were postponed till that district labor manager retired recently, because he was winning so many( just what i was told, not first hand experience).

I am in the know about UPS safety, I stand for it in my building. Yes they spend millions on safety the corp people. The problem with it is they don't follow it. You don't stack boxes so high a foot person can't see over it. To walk down aisle you have to jump over boxes. How about the loaders in the trucks? The egresses are so blocked, Again sometimes 4 to 5 feet high, God forbid if there is a un marked haz mat in one of the boxes and it breaks. The Men and woman would never get out without serious problems. I work and Live safety in my building. I see it all. I am all for the company teaching safety. Let them really put it into action. They push and push boxes down shoots till they are all over the floor or falling on workers. You call that safety it's all on paper not in practice. I can only talk about the building I am in and what I see. Just like any company just one bad seed can cause the entire company stinking. It's like the Drivers they can't show there Tattoos, or have long hair. Why because they are reps for the company. Each building each supervisor is also a rep for the company. If they are doing unsafe and bad thins well that's the rep the company will get. Now unit i do see you are famous for just causing problems I mean in the minus in your reps. Oh dear. If you want to continue this drone on about safety open a new thread called UPS safety and how wonderful they are, I am done.

First of all you don't know anything about me, if you or somebody else doesn't like my response you say i'm FAMOUS for causing problems, the one thing we both agree on is safety is a priority, but you sit on this forum and complain about how management doesn't practice what they preach, who actually causes egress problems, how about the hourly loaders and unloaders, there are load stands for loading and unloading the feeders, if used correctly and the packages are loaded properly and unloaded properly instead of pulling a wall down where packages fall all over the place. They can also be used to load packages on the top shelves of package cars if necessary. I'm sure i am not telling you anything you do not already know. Egress problems are usually caused by loaders on the belts not following methods, unnecessary stacking, tossing packages on the floors, not using the buddy system when heavy bulk stops come down, i am assuming if you are a steward, you are also probably on the safety committee, if you are how many hourly employees have you addressed( do not want to know, something to think about) with your concerns about the safety concerns they have caused or is it easier to blame the management team. My opinions on this forum have made me FAMOUS..... WOW

705red

Browncafe Steward
first of all i was not a sup, 2ndly when i retired is none of your business, also if its posted on here its an open discussion, not your personal complaint forum, you just don't don't like the responses..... too bad....... as far as 177 cases filed with the national panel, about 90% were deadlocked, the rest were overruled except 1. if you bothered to look about 40 cases were about the same thing, just different occurances , and all of them were deadlocked, apparently you think the more they put in the harder they are working for you, how about less with some meaningful substance in them, also check their win rate at the arbitrations they have had, its not very impressive, i was also told by a fairly reliable source, that all the arbitrations scheduled were postponed till that district labor manager retired recently, because he was winning so many( just what i was told, not first hand experience).

You had to be management! Now its the hourlies fault because of the egress????? Typical sup response! "I didnt do it, the bad loaders did it" ***!

Go sell your lies to people that will believe it, we are not buying your BS here!

First of all you don't know anything about me, if you or somebody else doesn't like my response you say i'm FAMOUS for causing problems, the one thing we both agree on is safety is a priority, but you sit on this forum and complain about how management doesn't practice what they preach, who actually causes egress problems, how about the hourly loaders and unloaders, there are load stands for loading and unloading the feeders, if used correctly and the packages are loaded properly and unloaded properly instead of pulling a wall down where packages fall all over the place. They can also be used to load packages on the top shelves of package cars if necessary. I'm sure i am not telling you anything you do not already know. Egress problems are usually caused by loaders on the belts not following methods, unnecessary stacking, tossing packages on the floors, not using the buddy system when heavy bulk stops come down, i am assuming if you are a steward, you are also probably on the safety committee, if you are how many hourly employees have you addressed( do not want to know, something to think about) with your concerns about the safety concerns they have caused or is it easier to blame the management team. My opinions on this forum have made me FAMOUS..... WOW

deleted9

If you are referring to Article 37, that language only applies to bargaining unit employees, and only while on duty. Not to the Union or its officials. It is actually illegal for a Union to sign an agreement to act in the "best interests of the Company." So called "Company Unions" were outlawed years ago. Besides, the Truth is always a defense against a charge of slander.

yes that was the article my bad

- - - -
Gr8fulMrk, you wrote, "most of the money will come from the international for our election."
Isn't the cost of a local election paid for by the Local, not the International?