Local 177 members and other locals that voted down supplements need to know this.

177 members and other locals need to know that are locals failed and are master passed. Which means that healthcare is a done deal. We will not know until November 1st if we will be in a teamster plan or teamcare. That is a master issue. So when they need input on the supplement changes. Anything but healthcare. That's just a waste of oxygen to bring that up. It sucks but that's why the master needed to be voted down. Now we needed to focus on other issues like keeping the pension proposal the way it is. Because if the local or the master where voted down, the pension bump was off the table. So that's the big issue. Also lets ask for other stuff. So what do you think. What do you want. If teamcare is being jammed down are throats. Then we should get something in return. We might have to go a couple of rounds here, but we are now invested. So we can't back down now. If we do and settle for the same or something less then the company owns us and we should just turn in are union cards then.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
177 members and other locals need to know that are locals failed and are master passed. Which means that healthcare is a done deal. We will not know until November 1st if we will be in a teamster plan or teamcare. That is a master issue. So when they need input on the supplement changes. Anything but healthcare. That's just a waste of oxygen to bring that up. It sucks but that's why the master needed to be voted down. Now we needed to focus on other issues like keeping the pension proposal the way it is. Because if the local or the master where voted down, the pension bump was off the table. So that's the big issue. Also lets ask for other stuff. So what do you think. What do you want. If teamcare is being jammed down are throats. Then we should get something in return. We might have to go a couple of rounds here, but we are now invested. So we can't back down now. If we do and settle for the same or something less then the company owns us and we should just turn in are union cards then.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

brown metal coffin

The problems that we are facing in 294 are the four ten hour work days in feeders and the retiree health care. I believe that the four tens is only for four feeder jobs but the drivers believe that if you open that door it will become a lot worse and may even bleed over into package car. Also, there is no overtime after 8 hours in that; amongst other things. In regards to the health care; the supplement says after jan 1st dependents other than wife will no longer be covered. Those seem to be some of the sticking points with us.

The problems that we are facing in 294 are the four ten hour work days in feeders and the retiree health care. I believe that the four tens is only for four feeder jobs but the drivers believe that if you open that door it will become a lot worse and may even bleed over into package car. Also, there is no overtime after 8 hours in that; amongst other things. In regards to the health care; the supplement says after jan 1st dependents other than wife will no longer be covered. Those seem to be some of the sticking points with us.
Are you sure that is a supplement issue. For us it is the same but it is a master issue.

Inthegame

Have you read the Supplement? It clearly states Feeder drivers for 4/10's and then limited to 10% of toatal bids, thereby not affecting 90% of Feeders and 100% of Pkg.

Squint

No more work for me!
I don't think the healthcare issue is a done deal. Why are we still on different plans? When I remarried, my wife couldn't believe the great healthcare plan I have. I still hold on thinking it will be revised again. Why then are some of the Locals getting more time to look for different plans for their Locals? I hope to hell that the old men in my Local are holding onto the belief that they can find a different plan other than the one they offered.

Nothing is over until the fat lady sings.

oldupsman

I'm sorry, I don't think you could be more wrong about the health care issue. I believe the only thing that's going to get these
supplements passed is keeping their current health care plan. I know it's the only reason our supplement failed. And I certainly don't think we're alone.
​Ask TOS.

I don't think the healthcare issue is a done deal. Why are we still on different plans? When I remarried, my wife couldn't believe the great healthcare plan I have. I still hold on thinking it will be revised again. Why then are some of the Locals getting more time to look for different plans for their Locals? I hope to hell that the old men in my Local are holding onto the belief that they can find a different plan other than the one they offered.

Nothing is over until the fat lady sings.
I hope you are right. I just talked to our BAs. They said if healthcare is the big issue the wrong TA got voted down. But I hope they are Wrong.

kingOFchester

In a press release the Teamsters acknowledge that so many supplements were rejected due to the health care plan changes. Sounds like they will try to work something out, maybe on the local level.

Teamsters Approve National UPS Contract | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Another poorly written statement from the IBT.

"A provision in the contract that changes the health care plan for some UPS Teamsters led to the rejection of 17 local supplements and riders to the national agreement. The provision moves 140,000 UPS Teamsters from their current UPS health plan into a new plan that will be jointly administered by the Teamsters Union and employers. That change was made because during negotiations, UPS said it would cut health benefits that members currently receive in the company plan and raise the cost to employees significantly."

That is the IBT's explanation?? UPS says they will cut health benefits and the answer is "ok"? I would rather be reading a statement from UPS along these lines " We are keeping the benefits the same because the IBT said they will not negotiate and will strike come August 1st if we didn't take health care off the table"

I also like the fact that another reason given to us is "UPS said they are not in the health care business any longer".

We will never agree on yes vs no. I really don't care one way or the other. Hell, I would of been happy keeping my current rate, bump up PT, and keep my health care. Give PT for an even bigger bump if they decline healthcare because they could get coverage under a wife and or parent or their full time job. But what do I know. But the union doesn't get a bump in dues by keeping my benefits. They get a bump in dues when I get a raise.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is a joke right?

Not really. That quote pretty sums up today's "low information" voter.

​Anyway, I sincerely believe by voting no, we will get a better deal., perhaps better medical and pension to start with.