Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

member6045

Look forward to seeing you there! By the way, didn't you promise to pay me a visit a while ago? Anyway, I'll look for you tomorrow. Will you be hanging out with "bigduh" and "don't know what I voted for"? How do you guys decide who gets to wear the "I'm With Stupid" shirt?

Pumpkin Head! I enjoy how you read those numbers and stated that the numbers are in order! I will be coming to see you soon at review ave.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Typical Old Guard. Just make up crap to make yourselves feel better.

Not divorced. No child support payments.

Just keeping it real on BC.

Keeping it real has alienated yourself on this site. We get it, you are disappointed with the way things are being run. Instead of calling almost everyone on this site some sort of name, put your energy into ways to solve the problems. Things are different in this company from East to West. Almost every building has the same and yet different problems they are trying to address.

I try very hard to read your posts but it's pretty much the same drivel being spewed from your mouth in every one. Try to live up to your name which in my case is totally NOT real. Deal with the problems and offer some advice instead of always going against the grain. I'm sure you'll come back at me with some sort of insult. If not, I'm sure you're reading this thinking about insulting me in some sort of way.

804brown

Today's union meeting was a good one. Bob Masters from the Working Families Party (also CWA political director)spoke to us followed by Public Advocate Latisha James showing their solidarity. Then Jairo R brought down the house with a short little speech that brought us all to our feet.

Liam read from a prepared speech (no poll this time) and confirmed that he was to be suspended for 6 weeks and will not be covering any UPS buildings for the foreseeable future. He took responsibility for his actions. He acknowledged he felt he had good cause with Art 18 but failed to FIRST get Tim's approval. In the end he was proud of the drivers who stood in unity for a good cause.

The members generally approved of Liam's actions. Many members wore T shirts with the saying: I SUPPORT LIAM RUSSERTT!! Of the 10 or so members who went to the mic, none of them attacked Liam at all. Most thought Liam just HAD ENOUGH and did the right thing. If anything some faulted Tim for not pulling the entire local. Tim disagreed and explained there was a way to do that but you had to plan it carefully,etc. Interesting to hear a Pter from Maspeth who wants Liam back ask Tim about how long the "ban" will be in affect. Tim seemed to say that the ban was not permanent.

But what I was mostly surprised at was all the loudmouths who come on here and facebook and attack Tim and Liam behind screen names, DID NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO CONFRONT THEM IN PERSON. Even that dope from the 40 minute rant/video from his car only stood at the back of the room blowing his little whistle every now and then...what a wus.

Brown Spider

Pumpkin Head! I enjoy how you read those numbers and stated that the numbers are in order! I will be coming to see you soon at review ave.

I've tried to make it a strict rule never to attempt a guess at what member 60crazy is trying to say. However, you'll be wasting your time looking for me at Review Avenue. I rarely have occasion to go there, although I'm sure that those who are there will be enormously entertained by your visit! Also don't know what you mean about how I "read those numbers and stated the numbers are in order!" Are you talking about today's meeting? Do you think that I'm Jim R. or Mark H.? Wrong again, member 60crazy! But hey, it was a pretty good meeting, wasn't it? Saw some shirts in support of Liam! Heard some Maspeth drivers speak in appreciation of Liam! Not what you, bigduh and don't know what i voted for were hoping for, but all in all a good meeting!

member6045

Just to keep members informed of what the board stated at the general membership meeting this morning. The driver that Liam said was fired for punching in early was not fired during the hearing but was put on non working 72 hour notice! That's the boards words!!! This procedure has been in effect since the present executive board has been elected. The non working 72 means you are paid 8 hours a day until your hearing! But you do not work until your hearing with a business agent!

Liam lied to his members of maspeth! Tim lied to the politicians, other unions and the membership.

Stonefish

Today's union meeting was a good one. Bob Masters from the Working Families Party (also CWA political director)spoke to us followed by Public Advocate Latisha James showing their solidarity. Then Jairo R brought down the house with a short little speech that brought us all to our feet.

Liam read from a prepared speech (no poll this time) and confirmed that he was to be suspended for 6 weeks and will not be covering any UPS buildings for the foreseeable future. He took responsibility for his actions. He acknowledged he felt he had good cause with Art 18 but failed to FIRST get Tim's approval. In the end he was proud of the drivers who stood in unity for a good cause.

The members generally approved of Liam's actions. Many members wore T shirts with the saying: I SUPPORT LIAM RUSSERTT!! Of the 10 or so members who went to the mic, none of them attacked Liam at all. Most thought Liam just HAD ENOUGH and did the right thing. If anything some faulted Tim for not pulling the entire local. Tim disagreed and explained there was a way to do that but you had to plan it carefully,etc. Interesting to hear a Pter from Maspeth who wants Liam back ask Tim about how long the "ban" will be in affect. Tim seemed to say that the ban was not permanent.

But what I was mostly surprised at was all the loudmouths who come on here and facebook and attack Tim and Liam behind screen names, DID NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO CONFRONT THEM IN PERSON. Even that dope from the 40 minute rant/video from his car only stood at the back of the room blowing his little whistle every now and then...what a wus.
So are you trying to say its easy to have balls when it's anonymous but it's a lot harder to do it in front of a crowd??? Sounds like some of the other people on this site also. They like to talk big but when it actually comes down to it puppy dogs

Brown Spider

Just to keep members informed of what the board stated at the general membership meeting this morning. The driver that Liam said was fired for punching in early was not fired during the hearing but was put on non working 72 hour notice! That's the boards words!!! This procedure has been in effect since the present executive board has been elected. The non working 72 means you are paid 8 hours a day until your hearing! But you do not work until your hearing with a business agent!

Liam lied to his members of maspeth! Tim lied to the politicians, other unions and the membership.

What we saw today was a pretty positive meeting. If you, member60idiot, had issues with Tim or Liam supposedly lying, why didn't you approach a mic and call them on it? I guess one possible reason was that it's a little more comfortable to run home and throw out your unsubstantiated BS behind the anonymity of your keyboard. Yep...not a peep out of you, don't know what I voted for or bigduh at the meeting. Just 3 keyboard cowboys filled with bravado behind closed doors with the door locked and the curtains drawn. Today would have been a good time to step up to the plate, girls!

Brown Spider

So are you trying to say its easy to have balls when it's anonymous but it's a lot harder to do it in front of a crowd??? Sounds like some of the other people on this site also. They like to talk big but when it actually comes down to it puppy dogs

Are you actually serious? Of course "it's easy to have balls when it's anonymous"! The point you seem to be missing is that those who are being objective and in agreement with the actions of the 804 leadership have no reason to avoid speaking publicly at a meeting and have done so. They're the ones who are being truthful on this site! Those who are anonymously slamming the Board, posting distortions and outright lies have every reason to avoid speaking publicly at a meeting. They're the ones who are being somewhat less than truthful on this site! Care to guess where you fit in there, Stoned?

Inthegame

Blowing a whistle at a General Membership meeting is disruptive and is cause for removal by the sargeant at arms. However it sounds like Tim did the prudent thing and embarassed the weasel by ignoring him.

Stonefish

Are you actually serious? Of course "it's easy to have balls when it's anonymous"! The point you seem to be missing is that those who are being objective and in agreement with the actions of the 804 leadership have no reason to avoid speaking publicly at a meeting and have done so. They're the ones who are being truthful on this site! Those who are anonymously slamming the Board, posting distortions and outright lies have every reason to avoid speaking publicly at a meeting. They're the ones who are being somewhat less than truthful on this site! Care to guess where you fit in there, Stoned?
You missed my point there sunshine I agreed with you they should have stood up in front of everyone if they had/have an issue that's what the meetings are for and that's how changes get made. Nothing said on this site really matters because if you don't have the balls to go out on the shop floor or at a meeting you/they aren't making a change. You follow my point now?