Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

Stratocaster

You can beat your chest all you want about this situation,but as far as i go i do support this local but what Liam did is inexcusable there is a big difference between balls and brains.I am no fan of hall and Hoffa but if hall did not step in 250 drivers would have been fired.There were trainees all over the place ready to take their jobs.Now if they would all have lost their jobs, between the fine by Ups and all the lawsuits from all 250 drivers,most likely our local would have been bankrupt.Whether Liam was a superstar business agent or not is irrelevant, this is the second scenario that our business agents made a decision that almost cost our members their jobs.This time it could have cost us our local.Forget about balls and Rah Rah Rah!!! this can never happen again period, unless it is done through the proper channels.

Agree, It should be done properly. Like the E-Board stated, the company did violated article 18 section 4, which is grounds for a strike. But as Liam apologized for yesterday, he didn't take the proper action that was needed to be taken in order for the strike to be sanctioned. UPS didnt fold during contract talks with the IBT, what makes you think they suddenly had a change of mind when Hall showed up. The publicity that the firings were getting is what got the company to resined the terminations. The public got to see just how bad the company treats their employees. I mean, when an employee get hit by a car, while delivering; placed in a coma for 13 days, go through all type of therapies, return to work a year later, and after one month back on the job, issued a 1 day suspension for not maintaining the SPORH he had pre-injury....I'd say that didn't sit well with the public.

Sent from my PC36100 using BrownCafe mobile app

Last edited:

teamster 804

I are u really trying to say things didn't turn around when Hall showed up.As far as Ups being concerned about public opinion that was Ups of the past.The Ups of today cares about one thing and one thing only profit.If you work for this company you know caring about people is not their concern and that includes the public.You can tell by the service they provide.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Ups of today cares about one thing and one thing only profit.If you work for this company you know caring about people is not their concern and that includes the public.You can tell by the service they provide.

I would say that is not their true intent by upper UPS management but because there is so much pressure regarding production and cost control, it appears that way.
UPS is spending well over a $100 Million this year to ensure that the fiascoes of peak 2013 do not reoccur in 2014.

We will see if those investments, including increasing driver staffing, produce the desired results.

Big Bad Wolf

You can read right? Forget it. UPS Labor Manager can no longer sit in on disciplines. So the gentleman you saw interrupting Liam when he speaking in the video, that's the labor manager. He isn't allowed to sit in on disciplines. Understood or do I have to hold your hand through the thought process?

Sent from my PC36100 using BrownCafe mobile app
When you say video, most people remember the oscar that Liem gave. Not the 3 second "Where's Waldo" of the Labor manager.

Did I blow your house down?

member6045

I see that the kool-aide drinkers took that this strike was a success! I unfortunately see more pain coming to this building very soon. What I'm seeing in hearing is not solidarity!

Brown Spider

That's all you got? I'm an idiot! You and the rest of your butt lickers reply as soon as I post! So who stupid! Go fetch boy!

Had you ended your post following your first two sentences, "That's all you got? I'm an idiot!" it would have been the most brilliant and insightful post you have ever offered. It would have made sense! It would have explained so much! Honest! I would have actually given you a "Winner"!

mj924

Maybe Liam can request all 73s be held outside on the sidewalk since he's collecting 120,000 a year and he can't enter any UPS property.

Sent using BrownCafe App

804brown

Maybe Liam can request all 73s be held outside on the sidewalk since he's collecting 120,000 a year and he can't enter any UPS property.

Sent using BrownCafe App
With the new contract being implemented and all the paperwork that it will bring, Liam will have enough work to do. Just because he is "banned" from UPS facilities doesnt mean he will not be dealing with UPS issues. Before he was an elected BA he was a union rep who didnt have a UPS building but made huge contributions to our local. Just ask any E/B member about Liam's value to this local. Plus he will be handling all the outside shops (maybe 200 non UPS members). He will still be working til 11pm every night.

Big Bad Wolf

With the new contract being implemented and all the paperwork that it will bring, Liam will have enough work to do. Just because he is "banned" from UPS facilities doesnt mean he will not be dealing with UPS issues. Before he was an elected BA he was a union rep who didnt have a UPS building but made huge contributions to our local. Just ask any E/B member about Liam's value to this local. Plus he will be handling all the outside shops (maybe 200 non UPS members). He will still be working til 11pm every night.
I guess we just found out Liam's screen name.

Brown Spider

I guess we just found out Liam's screen name.

I don't think so, BBW. An awful lot of members are aware of Liam's past contributions to Local 804 and the hours he has put in. I've seen it firsthand and I'm glad he'll be continuing the great work and remaining in the face of UPS. Seems like you're jumping to conclusions. BTW, having recited the Big Bad Wolf story to several children in my family, I seem to recall that you actually stumbled down the chimney in the brick house and landed in a kettle of boiling water. Ouch! Looks like you've done it again.

Big Bad Wolf

I don't think so, BBW. An awful lot of members are aware of Liam's past contributions to Local 804 and the hours he has put in. I've seen it firsthand and I'm glad he'll be continuing the great work and remaining in the face of UPS. Seems like you're jumping to conclusions. BTW, having recited the Big Bad Wolf story to several children in my family, I seem to recall that you actually stumbled down the chimney in the brick house and landed in a kettle of boiling water. Ouch! Looks like you've done it again.
And in many of modern versions, the lycanthrope lives.

mj924

Its a shame Liam never had to go home and tell his wife and kids that he was fired. Oh wait no I'm wrong. He did. Nice get fired for not doing your job then get appointed not voted a BA. Then cause the termination on 250 people that you represent. Yea GREAT contribution.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Inthegame

Its a shame Liam never had to go home and tell his wife and kids that he was fired. Oh wait no I'm wrong. He did. Nice get fired for not doing your job then get appointed not voted a BA. Then cause the termination on 250 people that you represent. Yea GREAT contribution.

Sent using BrownCafe App
But unlike you, he did get elected as BA, and you never got elected to anything.

Brown Spider

And in many of modern versions, the lycanthrope lives.

Ah yes...the 'ol werewolf argument was bound to surface on BrownCafe at some point. And it speaks volumes regarding your credibility! In answer to your question...No...you did not blow my house down. Get some rest now, okay? Gotta' be ready for that full moon.

teamster 804

Some of you guys on here can pump up Liam as much as you want even make him sound like he is the second coming of Christ,i will agree that he has done good for our local.But the bottom line is that because of his rogue actions he could have destroyed our local for all members not just the 250 what he did is inexcusable especially when we already had a situation where a business agent got stewards fired.We cannot have business agents that make uneducated unauthorized decisions with our members that will cause them to lose their jobs, and potentially destroy our local.Instead of losing his job for this action he has actually been rewarded with less responsibility, and i for one as much as i support our local, am not happy paying someone roughly 130,000 dollars a year for his rogue actions and for his future lack of involvement with representing our members at Ups.

member6045

Everything is maspeth will be fixed now! Tim is in the building and Liam is listening to all conversations via blu tooth!! Tim will get all grievances paid