Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

Brown Spider

It would be kinda funny if he got his ass beat.

"kinda funny"? Strange sense of humor you've got there, Bo. I suppose it would have been "kinda funny" if your hero Sean O'Brien had inspired his cheerleaders at that Local 251 meeting to give an ass beating to those members who believed that they had the right to support the candidates of their choice, despite Sean's threatening tirade. Nope...I think Tim did the right thing by just ignoring the maroon with the whistle.

"kinda funny"? Strange sense of humor you've got there, Bo. I suppose it would have been "kinda funny" if your hero Sean O'Brien had inspired his cheerleaders at that Local 251 meeting to give an ass beating to those members who believed that they had the right to support the candidates of their choice, despite Sean's threatening tirade. Nope...I think Tim did the right thing by just ignoring the maroon with the whistle.
I'm just saying if you are that much of a turd to blow a whistle and I could get away with legally dotting your eye what's the big deal. I've knocked guys out and almost been knocked out myself. Sometimes it's the wake up call you are really looking for.

804brown

Just to keep members informed of what the board stated at the general membership meeting this morning. The driver that Liam said was fired for punching in early was not fired during the hearing but was put on non working 72 hour notice! That's the boards words!!! This procedure has been in effect since the present executive board has been elected. The non working 72 means you are paid 8 hours a day until your hearing! But you do not work until your hearing with a business agent!

Liam lied to his members of maspeth! Tim lied to the politicians, other unions and the membership.
Jairo's ID was taken and he was walked out with UPS calling it a "non working 72". A week or so later on Feb 26, he was fired for "admitted dishonesty".
His posted time was 9:20 and he was told he could start earlier to get a truck bay at the Queens Center Mall . So he started at 9 with permission. When he wrote a grievance on start time by seniority, Jairo was accused of starting early without permission calling that act dishonest. You want to hear irony, now that he is back, his posted start time is ....wait for it...9am!!

Brown Spider

You missed my point there sunshine I agreed with you they should have stood up in front of everyone if they had/have an issue that's what the meetings are for and that's how changes get made. Nothing said on this site really matters because if you don't have the balls to go out on the shop floor or at a meeting you/they aren't making a change. You follow my point now?

You're right, Stone...I misunderstood your original post and I do understand and agree with your position. My apologies. And...umm...hopefully you'll recognize my error and refrain from calling me "sunshine".

Stonefish

You're right, Stone...I misunderstood your original post and I do understand and agree with your position. My apologies. And...umm...hopefully you'll recognize my error and refrain from calling me "sunshine".
I apologize for calling you sunshine.

Would sweetie work better??

Just kidding

Big Bad Wolf

Back in the day, someone would get their ass beat. And I miss those days. Too bad TDU turned our union into marshmallows.

Did I blow your house down?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Actually the last time was on Feb. 26 with Liam and "The Maspeth 250". Before that, was 97. Geez Hoffa, you're as soft as marshmellows

Thank you.

I stand corrected.

I guess TDU is the only group in this union willing to stand up against UPS.

And I know that Hoffa and his Old Guard bunch are the only group that will stand with UPS.

Stratocaster

Yesterdays General Membership Meeting was pretty good. Member6052 and the idiot with the whistle, what happened yesterday??? Microphone shy? The support for Liam was huge. That "I Support Liam Russertt" shirt, looked good on me and the rest of the guys. Like one of my co-workers said at the Mic. UPS doesn't want "Liam around because he's a problem. He was a problem as a driver, a problem as a steward, and a problem as a business agent". Anyone in Local 804 will tell you that he is the hardest working man in that hall. Oh and we received over 25,000 "Thank You notes from people around the country. Tim did say that Liam's banned wasn't permanent. The guys and I were happy to hear that. I just love seeing Liam walk in with those awesome blue checks in his hand. I love free money! File File File File.

PS. File File File File File File

Sent from my PC36100 using BrownCafe mobile app

Big Bad Wolf

Oh did I forget to mention that the labor manager you saw in the video can no longer sit on hearings. Oh and non-working 72s aren't allowed anymore. Geez, I guess it did work out.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do you have your facts correct. Are you talking about Liem the BA? Or UPS's Labor Manager? I'm listening...

Stratocaster

Do you have your facts correct. Are you talking about Liem the BA? Or UPS's Labor Manager? I'm listening...

You can read right? Forget it. UPS Labor Manager can no longer sit in on disciplines. So the gentleman you saw interrupting Liam when he speaking in the video, that's the labor manager. He isn't allowed to sit in on disciplines. Understood or do I have to hold your hand through the thought process?

Sent from my PC36100 using BrownCafe mobile app

teamster 804

Oh did I forget to mention that the labor manager you saw in the video can no longer sit on hearings. Oh and non-working 72s aren't allowed anymore. Geez, I guess it did work out.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You can beat your chest all you want about this situation,but as far as i go i do support this local but what Liam did is inexcusable there is a big difference between balls and brains.I am no fan of hall and Hoffa but if hall did not step in 250 drivers would have been fired.There were trainees all over the place ready to take their jobs.Now if they would all have lost their jobs, between the fine by Ups and all the lawsuits from all 250 drivers,most likely our local would have been bankrupt.Whether Liam was a superstar business agent or not is irrelevant, this is the second scenario that our business agents made a decision that almost cost our members their jobs.This time it could have cost us our local.Forget about balls and Rah Rah Rah!!! this can never happen again period, unless it is done through the proper channels.