Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was on the picket line In 97. ...where was he? washing his sups car? cutting his lawn?....or delivering packages in his own car??.........hmm.....let me guess!

I was working for a local construction firm. 10 days of the hardest work I had done in a long time. One week I worked 46 hours and took home $253. I spent the first day of the strike on the picket line but quickly decided I needed to get away from that environment. One of our guys decided to get drunk and go after anyone who didn't support our strike.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I was working for a local construction firm. 10 days of the hardest work I had done in a long time. One week I worked 46 hours and took home $253. I spent the first day of the strike on the picket line but quickly decided I needed to get away from that environment. One of our guys decided to get drunk and go after anyone who didn't support our strike.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Glad you supported our strike..........wish we had nore guys like you....................NOT

[quote "407, post: 1283045, member: 52193"]Ok you are entitled to your opinion. This is a message board. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself. God bless.[/quote]
Where Is 407? and what did you do with him??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is why I don't interact with you and your buddy. You asked what I did during the strike and I told you. My financial obligations don't stop just because of a work stoppage (that I did not agree with). I was still paying child support at the time. My time was better spent away from the picket line.

In case you were wondering I handed my $55 strike pay check back to our BA. I didn't spend time on the line so it wouldn't have been right to get paid as though I did.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Doesn't it ALL make you take pause....with ALL that is going on in our union???
A stalled Master and repeatedly failed supplements and now this?
Is it a coincidence?
I doubt it.
Is it indicative of the climate?
Absolutely
I'm not going to pretend to know how this will end, but I will testify that it was inevitable.
What's next?
I can hardly bare see, but can't look away.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
[quote "407, post: 1283045, member: 52193"]Ok you are entitled to your opinion. This is a message board. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself. God bless.
Where Is 407? and what did you do with him??[/quote]
What's the point in arguing with someone on here I've paid my dues and I'm smarter than that. It's time for me to realize this and let someone else fight an endless fight of message board aggression.