Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

Island

I'm no expert but I would assume the local is going to assign blame squarely on your BA and the drivers, based on the information provided about your local's behavior that day.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
As a fellow 804 member, I love the solidarity being shown. But I am very worried what we will be giving back to protect these jobs. Also does anyone really think UPS is not going to look to be paid for the thousands of NDA packages that were late. I see that putting my local under.
You just hit the nail on the head. A move like this needs to be made with a clear mind state. It can't get personal it's got to be business. I'd look for ups to try and put 804 out of business and it'll end up in trusteeship.

O/C

You just hit the nail on the head. A move like this needs to be made with a clear mind state. It can't get personal it's got to be business. I'd look for ups to try and put 804 out of business and it'll end up in trusteeship.
Late air would be covered under "act of God". I believe the local would not be liable it did not sponsor the show of solidarity. Don't remember of any Local being put out of business by the company, kind of illegal with NLRB laws and such.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Late air would be covered under "act of God". I believe the local would not be liable it did not sponsor the show of solidarity. Don't remember of any Local being put out of business by the company, kind of illegal with NLRB laws and such.
If they don't have the right to wildcat they will be :censored2:ed. Watch. I hope not but what they did was all on emotion and you can't make logical business decisions like this. Hoffa will be knocking on their door. Hope you guys got a lot in the war chest for this. NLRB ain't going to do :censored2:.

bigd

word is that local 804 it's trying to cut a deal with the company! To fix Liam's filthy diaper!... Wonder how much this is going to cost us?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1393608649.597809.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1393608649.597809.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 133

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

NO RUMORS HERE! WATCH LIAM EXPLAIN HOW HUNDREDS OF DRIVERS COULD BE FIRED DO TO HIS NEGLIGENCE. OUR PRESIDENT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND WHILE ALL OF THIS WAS GOING ON!...

Good luck firing 300 drivers or even half that many & maintaining service. At best they can fire exactly how many supervisors they have ready to work in their place and no more (and even that would cause failures as I have yet to see a supervisor perform as good as our worst driver). Bring in more supervisors from other areas and watch this catch on in buildings where no one is their to intimidate. I bet somebody high up is just getting off a plane now to address these members concerns.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Act of God"? More like "act of someone with a God complex".

upschuck

No "Act of God". This was totally a human doing, which UPS had sufficient control over. If UPS doesn't pay these, then they wouldn't pay any.

Island

I am very disappointed to hear how their hall is handling this. However the rising frustration involved will hopefully fuel some other people's acts of solidarity

The men and women of 804 did what the previous generations of Teamsters, used to do. Stand up and be heard! Does anyone think we would have the pay and benefits,we have now? If the previous Teamster members, didn't fight for them?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The men and women of 804 did what the previous generations of Teamsters, used to do. Stand up and be heard! Does anyone think we would have the pay and benefits,we have now? If the previous Teamster members, didn't fight for them?
And if the exact same situation happened at any of YOUR centers where your BA pulled the building........Hit the "Agree" button if you'd have walked out too! Except for Upstate, we know he'd have gone to deliver his air on time.