Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

waffles

It's been a stressful winter....more snow on Monday...this is the life we chose...should have stayed in school so I could work for some other sucky company but at least I am a member of local 177 and that's not too bad.

bigd

PT vacation cover drivers are OK, just as long as they make the same pay as top package car or Feeder drivers. Otherwise it is just an excuse for UPS to use cheaper labor.
Yes your right! But Liam got us PT vacation cover driver who will make $11 an hour less than a driver! Yes he is brilliant! Of course I an being sarcastic!!!

WESLA

It is what it is
While I appreciate the comradery it was a poor decision by the BA.
It may have been a bad decision on the BA's part, but it is nothing short of righteous to see fellow teamsters stick together in this manner.
Hasn't there always been consequences and repercussions for standing for something?

kingOFchester

2 things this thread and video has me feeling.

Ashamed that I work for SOME of the UPS regime.

Embarrassed that I am associated with SOME of the union goones.

kingOFchester

A 26 yr guy sorting his load before his start?????

Why can't the union fight this firing by EASILY proving that many locals in the UPS system have 1,000's of drivers spending hours everyday setting up their truck. Come to my building and watch as management sends loaders home because drivers are loading their trucks off the clock??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hasn't there always been consequences and repercussions for standing for something?

Would you be willing to potentially put your livelihood on the line to support a co-worker?

The article doesn't specify but I have to think that there were some drivers who chose not to participate in the walkout. Can you imagine the divisive atmosphere that this may create?

cino321

Just wait and see.
Would you be willing to potentially put your livelihood on the line to support a co-worker?

The article doesn't specify but I have to think that there were some drivers who chose not to participate in the walkout. Can you imagine the divisive atmosphere that this may create?

Plenty. Less divisive than you think.

Inthegame

PT vacation cover drivers are OK, just as long as they make the same pay as top package car or Feeder drivers. Otherwise it is just an excuse for UPS to use cheaper labor.
VCDs in L804 also increase the number of vacation weeks available in the summer. L804 voting members accepted this agreement in big numbers.

WESLA

It is what it is

Isn't that kinda what being in a union is all about?

Island

I am still sitting on my hands waiting to hear about how this is all turning out for those guys in Queens. Also surprised no one has asked the King of Queens about his opinion of the situation. It is my opinion that even if it goes over badly, it will still give other locals some courage to make similar statements to the company. And I'm itching for the opportunity to join a walkout effort.

As a fellow 804 member, I love the solidarity being shown. But I am very worried what we will be giving back to protect these jobs. Also does anyone really think UPS is not going to look to be paid for the thousands of NDA packages that were late. I see that putting my local under.