Local 952 S/T PK was at my barn today with some of his slate saying he wasn't supporting H anymore.

The Silent Bang

An internet picket line? Your coming to the wrong place to act like a bad ass........Pound sand toots.
How many REAL picket lines have you actually been part of? And please don't bring up your 97' strike because thats something you had to do!
Besides you taking a day off to campaign what else have you done for our union?
Being a steward and winning and losing grievances doesn't count.
Volunteer time?
Your weak and you know it!

How many REAL picket lines have you actually been part of? And please don't bring up your 97' strike because thats something you had to do!
Besides you taking a day off to campaign what else have you done for our union?
Being a steward and winning and losing grievances doesn't count.
Volunteer time?
Your weak and you know it!
How come you didn't run in the delegates election if you have so many issues?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you have it that bad......bad healthcare,bad salary,bad pension and bad leadership.......why don't you do us all a favor and quit.......go find a job with better healthcare,salary,pension and leadership......being you say how bad it is it should be very easy for you to quit and find better instead of crying on here

I read this earlier this morning, before work.
I couldn't put my finger on it, but I knew I had heard this "argument" somewhere before???
All these guys act like its a prison and it's the worst place ever but they stay year after year. They want to take everything UPS makes then they will sit there with a shocked face when they want givebacks just like at YRC. They think it can't happen at UPS they are mistaken. Just my opinion.

Then I got to work and was tasked to help a driver and supervisor "facilitate" an 8 hr request.
As the driver traversed several tangents on how screwed up things are in his center, there it was!!!
"Why don't you just quit then"!!!, the supe said. Lol
Classic management argument, when they can't validate their insufficiencies.

I think you two may have missed your calling.

In the end we aren't going to quit, but H is.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I couldn't put my finger on it, but I knew I had heard this "argument" somewhere before???

Then I got to work and was tasked to help a driver and supervisor "facilitate" an 8 hr request.
As the driver traversed several tangents on how screwed up things are in his center, there it was!!!

H has already quit.

A least quit fighting for the rank and file.

And you are 100% right, the cheerleaders sound a lot like company management.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What do my issues with my local have to do with a delegates election? Being a delegate at our international convention isn't going to change the way PK runs my local.
They feel unless you are willing, and subsequently do run in your local union elections, then you have no right to complain or make observations.

I disagree, as a dues paying member, it is not only your right, but your responsibility.
Obviously every concerned member can't and shouldn't run in these elections.
It's just an ill-conceived, not to clever diversion, from desperate pundits for the incumbent culture.

What do my issues with my local have to do with a delegates election? Being a delegate at our international convention isn't going to change the way PK runs my local.
no you are reading to much into my question. I just wonder why you don't run if you aren't. You obviously are into your local union and the politics if you don't work for ups but came me to a ups forum. I just wondered.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I also hear management saying a lot of the same exact things that you,realbrown and sponge bob say about our current ibt leadership and membership when management is trying to divide and destroy our union......so maybe you guys missed your callings

realbrown1

I also hear management saying a lot of the same exact things that you,realbrown and sponge bob say about our current ibt leadership and membership when management is trying to divide and destroy our union......so maybe you guys missed your callings
I am not trying to destroy our union.

I am trying to save it.

H's concessions, imposings, corruption, being in bed with the companies and bleeding the finances by the OG's excessive and multiple salaries.

I doubt if we could survive another 5 years term with H running our union.

Hell, I don't think H could survive a 5 year term at his advanced age.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I am not trying to destroy our union.

I am trying to save it.

H's concessions, imposings, corruption, being in bed with the companies and bleeding the finances by the OG's excessive and multiple salaries.

I doubt if we could survive another 5 years term with H running our union.

Hell, I don't think H could survive a 5 year term at his advanced age.
Dividing and undermining are 2 things what weaken and destroy unions.....I understand we have elections but you guys constantly bad mouth our union and union officials......how is that good

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Dividing and undermining are 2 things what weaken and destroy unions.....I understand we have elections but you guys constantly bad mouth our union and union officials......how is that good
Concessionary contracts, cronyism, and failing pension funds are far worse in terms of "dividing and undermining" a union.
We aren't bad mouthing our Union, rather its leadership.
Changing this leadership and it's antiquated culture is our only mission.

realbrown1

If H and the OG would step down, we could all unite behind FZ and Teamster United.

You would support FZ if he won, right?

You guys wouldn't try and undermine his leadership in any way right?

And you definitely wouldn't run candidates against him in 5 years right?

Because that would destroy our union.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Concessionary contracts, cronyism, and failing pension funds are far worse in terms of "dividing and undermining" a union.
We aren't bad mouthing our Union, rather its leadership.
Changing this leadership and it's antiquated culture is our only mission.
Which in my opinion is fine....to have debate before an election is good......I personally like to hear different ideas......but in some cases on here certain people bash all officials in locals and it's wrong... especially when the time comes to run against them and the people that are critisizing and have all the answers stay quiet

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If H and the OG would step down, we could all unite behind FZ and Teamster United.

You would support FZ if he won, right?

You guys wouldn't try and undermine his leadership in any way right?

And you definitely wouldn't run candidates against him in 5 years right?

Because that would destroy our union.
The bigger question is if Fred z won would you support him....or would you do what you do and start the stories about how he's robbing us and negotiating weak contracts....and say he should be thrown out of office with no viable replacement

realbrown1

The bigger question is if Fred z won would you support him....or would you do what you do and start the stories about how he's robbing us and negotiating weak contracts....and say he should be thrown out of office with no viable replacement
I would support him like I did Ron Carey.

Like I did Hoffa until I realized what a lazy turd he was.

LagunaBrown

Local 952 has been audited by the IBT and the IRB within the same month and weeks apart so what are they looking for and what did they find? From what i am getting they are looking at the way the local uses it's Angels baseball tickets. And they found plenty of violations, so much that Patrick has been seen out looking disheveled and lost.
Seeing that H is going to use the " I took the IRB out of the Teamsters union " platform for his campaign they are going to use Local 952 as a example and there goes our local into trusteeship!
Looking back at all your :bsbullf: and no trusteeship...... You got a lot of hate inside you brother, PK must have schooled you good and took your man card away.

I'm a member of Local 952, I do not work for UPS.
I have taken a BIG interest in what's going on at my local because most members aren't being represented like they should, The principle officer of my local has taken my local and completely destroyed it. He only cares about politics and who he could endorse in the next election.

So teaming up with Edgar and the TDU liars is gonna make it better...... LOL, you are butt hurt and its obvious if you gotta come to a UPS blog to bitch and moan. I am curious to see the fruits of your labor.

H doesn't have 3 years he will expedite the process to make Patrick and Local 952 an example of how he doesn't need the IRB in our union. His campaign platform will have a lot to do with him getting rid of the IRB, his hail mary shot because he has nothing else that will get him the votes he needs to win in '16

Yet more crap and maybe a hint why your backing Z????

I didn't feel the need to run on any delegates slate. How's that?
Talk about a cop out Mr. Big Mouth........ Tell them about your "behind the scenes" campaigning. What a joke and I will enjoy watching you during the Local elections HA HA HA:twister2:. Sooner or later you are going to have to come out of the crypt big talker. I can't wait for the delegate election to finish and your see your big plans....... :nobrainzombis:

realbrown1

Looking back at all your :bsbullf: and no trusteeship...... You got a lot of hate inside you brother, PK must have schooled you good and took your man card away.

So teaming up with Edgar and the TDU liars is gonna make it better...... LOL, you are butt hurt and its obvious if you gotta come to a UPS blog to bitch and moan. I am curious to see the fruits of your labor.

Yet more crap and maybe a hint why your backing Z????

Talk about a cop out Mr. Big Mouth........ Tell them about your "behind the scenes" campaigning. What a joke and I will enjoy watching you during the Local elections HA HA HA:twister2:. Sooner or later you are going to have to come out of the crypt big talker. I can't wait for the delegate election to finish and your see your big plans....... :nobrainzombis:
Blah, blah, blah.

It's all BS that comes out of you.

PK singlehandedly took our local from the richest TEAMSTER local in the country to the poorest.

The man can not manage our local's finances.

Hell, did you see him at the nominations?

He can't even manage that anymore.

Oh, BTW, who are you voting for at the convention if you get elected?

And don't chicken out and say it's a secret ballot.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oh, BTW, who are you voting for at the convention if you get elected?

And don't chicken out and say it's a secret ballot.
This "secret ballot" premise should not apply for delegates.

How can a delegate claim that they are not beholding to their local's membership and bound to transparency as to how they vote at the Convention?

Get off the fence cowards!!!