Lunch Runners

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
if you have a injury on the Clock with out taking you lunch ,and your on workers com, you maybe the reason after working 50+ HR , and you may have long term disability . your crossing the line to dishonesty!!

take your time

When you skip your lunch you do a disservice to your brothers and sisters who do it the right way by taking their lunch.
And you give the company 5 hours of unscheduled work per week and that does contribute to cut routes and not putting in split routes.

interesting.... go into that a little bit more. With 5 unscheduled hours, how does that contribute to "cut routes"? are you saying that any packages that they don't fit into your truck because you are taking full lunches, they make a route that another driver can drive? I didnt know that....

also, total noob here, but what are "split routes"?

Overpaid Union Thug

Now we just need one of our drivers to learn the difference between allot and a lot...

Maybe you should read your contract and follow it. You think you are special, and that your sups think so too, but you're not.

That's just it. I hate sitting in the truck or wherever doing nothing. I've paced like a cage lion. Good, give more stops. I come to work to make money and deliver packages. Not sit in the truck for an hour not getting paid. I'm 40, I can handle now. Maybe later I'll change my tune. But for now I come to work, to work. If I take a 10 min lunch and get paid for the rest. That's an extra 50 minutes of overtime and I'll get home the same time. If you want to sit in the truck not getting paid great. Some if us don't want to do that. I don't have a milf on my route I can bang

Excuses......excuses.....

Overpaid Union Thug

If I'm paid the same or more and I'm home the same time or earlier, why would I? I'm not at a hub. They've been cutting back on ot. I've been routinely getting back to the building before 5. I've gotten my guaranteed 8 numerous times. I'm not running and I'm not preventing additional routes from being run. Im just not sitting in the truck not getting paid for no reason. Like I said before, do what you want... Keep your nose out of mine
You tell people to worry about themselves but people like you friend'up the routes by skipping lunch are screwing things up for people that will be on that route later. Such as when you mentiones skipping your lunch to assure that deliveries are done before pickups. If you'd take your lunch and still have deliveries after pickups your route will eventually have to be adjusted.

But you also claim to not mind OT, yet, seem to be doing everything you can to avoid it. Your thought process seems a little off. But that's typical for a habitual lunch skipper.

35years

Gravy route
I'm 40, I can handle now.

Form a coherent sentence and I will respond

upload_2019-4-1_8-7-48.jpeg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Park at the 7-11 on the training route, food cart pod with 9 cars right next to it. Lovely little strip, although the cops will cite you at the drop of a hat for crossing the street without using the crosswalk.

It really is annoying you get one day to preload the cars real well, drivers naturally burn it up. Next week, same thing, but now you get a neighbor's 40 piece bulk stop! Enjoy the late air and shuttle work you desk bums.

Of course you get paid for all hours worked the point is not taking lunch gives them an hour a day you should be taking for lunch.
Gives who an hour a day? I only take a 30 minute lunch. If I work 10 hours with a lunch I punch out @ 19:30. Without a lunch it’s 19:00. I still got paid 10 hours. I didn’t give anybody anything.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Gives who an hour a day? I only take a 30 minute lunch. If I work 10 hours with a lunch I punch out @ 19:30. Without a lunch it’s 19:00. I still got paid 10 hours. I didn’t give anybody anything.

Why is it so hard for people to understand?

UPS knows you don’t take your full lunch, so they load you up with more work each day. Multiply that by a 5 day workweek and there you have it. At least 2.5 extra hours that ups got their cardboard delivered that week... for what? So you can get home “30 minutes earlier” even though you’re working too much to begin with all because you’re skipping your lunch so they’re loading you up with more work. It’s an endless cycle and it enables them from putting in more routes.

Took me a year to figure this out, so I get it with the new guys. But to do this your whole career? Good luck making 30 years as well as making any friends.

Last edited: