"Lunch"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
But he is already got home, ate supper and made love to his wife and immediately went to sleep.
He is snoozin' while you are checking in.

You don't get it. When I make bonus it pays time and a half not straight time. When I'm home spanking ma I get overtime Pay for my bonus.

Griff

Bonus drivers are a pack of morons collectively and we could do a lot better if they all ran themselves right off a cliff.

If you take your lunch and do the job the proper way you will not make bonus -- it is engineered that way. If you do make bonus by doing the job properly, it is nothing more than a clerical accident and will be fixed by your center team.

The only legitimate way to make bonus, while still maintaining integrity, is to have some bizarre route where you pickup a ton of stuff. Even then they will usually small piece you and take it all away. What do you expect though, they are thieves and stealing is their forte.

The other rather comical fact that none of the bonus drivers seems to understand is that management takes allowances away every time we receive our raises. This is how they defray the costs of giving us a raise, they take it directly from the bonus idiots. I always have a good laugh for the first few weeks after a raise kicks in. Seeing all the droolcup wearing bonus babies huddled around the performance reports in the morning crying about their bonus going down. Bonus is going AWAY, slowly but surely, just wait until that disaster ORION takes hold of your bonus. You'll be skipping your lunch, running till you drop just to make scratch hahahahahahahahahahahha and what is even funnier than that is the fact that you will keep on doing it.

upsgrunt

Hoke,
I'm afraid there has been quite a few changes on the farm since the last time you milked the cows, if you know what I mean.

upsgrunt

More than likely, if you bonus 2 hours one day, the next day your bonus is 2 more hours of work. It kind of kills the drive.

leastbest

LeastBest
I always carried a banjo with me on the route. Lunch was to hydrate, relax and pick a few tunes. The job was a lot better when I was relaxed. Hard to be frazzled sitting on the south shore of Lake Erie with a sandwich, bottle of water and a banjo.

kingOFchester

I always carried a banjo with me on the route. Lunch was to hydrate, relax and pick a few tunes. The job was a lot better when I was relaxed. Hard to be frazzled sitting on the south shore of Lake Erie with a sandwich, bottle of water and a banjo.

Sounds very enjoyable..... as long as you like to play the banjo. I am waiting to bid the route that I live on. Stopping at home, taking a dip in the pool, seeing the kids during the summer.......yea, that would be my hydrating south shore sandwich eating, banjo picking moment.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Sorry, but any driver who skips his lunch is a fool and plays into the hands of his management team. The fact that your management team says you only have "to take one minute of lunch" demonstrates how this is a scam. That is how they cover their ass. When I was a PC driver, our management team instructed us to take our lunch, but privately, some supervisors told us we only had to take 5 or 6 minutes to prevent our time cards from kicking out errors. That was in response to some of us telling our Sups that "this load" won't get done unless we skipped our lunches. We wouldn't, of course, but our point was that we needed around a half-hour (our lunch period here) help to avoid missing package deliveries.

All of this just hides the real enemy of skipping lunches: it puts more work on fewer drivers, eliminating more routes, eliminating more drivers. Are you guys/gals ok with that? Yeah? Then why are you in the union? Is this all just about you?

old brown shoe

30 year driver
We were told we could take a half hour lunch. Our former center manager made us code out one hour. He knew no one would want to sit for a hour and would be back working before their lunch was over. We are a bonus center but very few routes have allowances that can make any time. If I were to skip my half hour lunch I would only lose to my route by a hour a day since or virtual time study. Your lunch is a important part of your day so you can replenish your fluids get a bite to eat and let your brain unwind for a few. If we all skipped our lunch each day just think about how many lower senior drivers would be out of work. I look at it as doing me and the lower senior drivers a favor.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Is your web link still up and running?
Think I will check with Google.

clarnzz

There was this one time when I was going to take my unpaid lunch and save the world, and then I didn't. Go figure.