MAGA HATS MEDIA BIAS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Come on man, it's not exactly hard hitting journalism, what kind of investigation did you want lol. They reported on a viral video, I don't think they expected it to be a big story.
That’s the general problem we have now with our news.

It’s one thing for a buzzfeed to pick up a snippet of a video and run with it.

That’s bad enough but when cnn, Fox, nbc and other large news outlets pick up the story without doing any more fact checking that’s when we have a problem.

It’s happening all of the time and it’s why no news source can be trusted anymore.

Brownslave688

Have you considered that maybe that's how it's always been, the difference now is that technology has taken the power from the media and given it to the people?
There’s a reason the power of the news was given to those trained on how to report it and not the people in general.

Because the people overreact before being given all of the facts.

I love some of the stuff the internet and social media has done but it has destroyed any semblance of journalistic integrity that once existed.

MAKAVELI

The boy didn't make a statement until his family hired a PR firm. if there was truly a bias against him he could have came out with a statement immediately to any number of conservative media outlets.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That’s the general problem we have now with our news.

It’s one thing for a buzzfeed to pick up a snippet of a video and run with it.

That’s bad enough but when cnn, Fox, nbc and other large news outlets pick up the story without doing any more fact checking that’s when we have a problem.

It’s happening all of the time and it’s why no news source can be trusted anymore.
24 hours in a day, you can only talk about how Trump likes to have Russian hookers pee on him for so long before people get bored.

Brownslave688

The boy didn't make a statement until his family hired a PR firm. if there was truly a bias against him he could have came out with a statement immediately to any number of conservative media outlets.

And there’s your problem with the news now....he should have been able to
Come out with a statement to ANY news outlet.

vantexan

Not comparable.
A comparable situation would be if his posts where he repeatedly defended child molesters were to go viral, and the media reported that people are calling him a child molester, should he sue the media.

I say go for it. Let these losers state their case. They'll lose, but sure, have at it.
Actually no, a more likely scenario is your true identity is revealed, which puts you at great risk of turning up dead for the way you've twisted many posts to smear those who constantly get the upper hand in arguments with you. Your fragile ego can't handle losing so you resort to vile accusations while hiding behind your anonymity.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think he is just a POS trouble maker
On Monday, the Washington Post quietly issued a correction to their story about the activist, saying that while he served in the Marines, he was never deployed to Vietnam.
Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.

HE LIED: Native American Activist Nathan Phillips Never Served in Vietnam -- But Raised Money By Saying He Did

bbsam

Staff member
Oh? Did the juniors and seniors have to explain their MAGA hats or Catholicism on their college applications or to potential future employers?
Yes. Everything is on social media nowadays and everybody, high school kids most of all.

Went to a meeting for athletes and parents at our school. AD made it EXTREMELY clear that conduct unbecoming caught on social media would be taken as conviction.