Management that smokes, 3 days until cold turkey

Returntosender

I know one supervisor who is using smokeless tobacco like it's candy in an attempt to quit or deceive.

I haven't told him that nicotine will appear in blood lab work regardless of the delivery system.

So will he have to prove how the nicotine got in his system?
If a couple of MLB players can get pass the urine test for PED. A UPS supervisor will find a way to beat the system.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Cigarettes are not illegal. Seems to me its a pre existing condition.
Everyone knows its bad. No argument. Everyone who smokes knows that they feel like a lepper. Their clothes stink, their hair stinks, their car stinks. But most of them started when it was legal to smoke on a plane, in a hospital, and my dentist smoked while he worked on my teeth in the 80s
.Dont you think smokers get enough crap? And the overweight people also will pay. Of course not the extremely obese on welfare and food stamps, we as taxpayers will continue to pay for them,and no one will try to reign them in. but anyone who works, smokes, and might be over 30 bmi, you will pay. On the 1st of the month, you will not be able to pay for your gas, as the welfare bunch is buying cartons, and they do not have to reform, but the working guy does....................
Im not saying smoking is not a hazard, it is. So is skiing. boating, mc racing, and many other sports. Shall we tell the next meth addict who we are paying for treatment or incarceration that his/her premiums will go up? of course not it is a social ill. We cant pick on handicaps. And they wont pay a dime.
My sister died at 52, 3 days after an angioplasty that said she was fine. Never smoked a cigarette in her life. My grandfather died at 92, from emphysema, 92!!!!! Ya gotta die soon when you are 92!
Yes it contributes to ills. But its a money maker for the govt. We could all say we are sick and go on disability and see how that goes. Every other ill is protected. I know a lazy ole teacher who said she cant work anymore coz the administrator upset her and now she stutters, and gets her retirement and disability. Yeah right, how is that fair? i should say my boss upsets me every day, and now I cant work, yes I have seen that work too. God help us all.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Cigarettes are not illegal. Seems to me its a pre existing condition.
Everyone knows its bad. No argument. Everyone who smokes knows that they feel like a lepper. Their clothes stink, their hair stinks, their car stinks. But most of them started when it was legal to smoke on a plane, in a hospital, and my dentist smoked while he worked on my teeth in the 80s
.Dont you think smokers get enough crap? And the overweight people also will pay. Of course not the extremely obese on welfare and food stamps, we as taxpayers will continue to pay for them,and no one will try to reign them in. but anyone who works, smokes, and might be over 30 bmi, you will pay. On the 1st of the month, you will not be able to pay for your gas, as the welfare bunch is buying cartons, and they do not have to reform, but the working guy does....................
Im not saying smoking is not a hazard, it is. So is skiing. boating, mc racing, and many other sports. Shall we tell the next meth addict who we are paying for treatment or incarceration that his/her premiums will go up? of course not it is a social ill. We cant pick on handicaps. And they wont pay a dime.
My sister died at 52, 3 days after an angioplasty that said she was fine. Never smoked a cigarette in her life. My grandfather died at 92, from emphysema, 92!!!!! Ya gotta die soon when you are 92!
Yes it contributes to ills. But its a money maker for the govt. We could all say we are sick and go on disability and see how that goes. Every other ill is protected. I know a lazy ole teacher who said she cant work anymore coz the administrator upset her and now she stutters, and gets her retirement and disability. Yeah right, how is that fair? i should say my boss upsets me every day, and now I cant work, yes I have seen that work too. God help us all.

Don't let sleeve read this!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
you know, that's not fair...actually that's a sh***ty hand to be dealt in life.
The point....she is using stuttering as a reason she can no longer work at school......................I worked with a guy who stuttered and he made 30 yrs + Mel Tillis....................He was fine as long as you had the ability to listen a minute. Stuttering coz your boss yells at U!!! Give me a break.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I should use uncontrolled urination, like a dog, when I get yelled at???????? Then I could go on disability???? Ok I am gone tomorrow......................

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The point....she is using stuttering as a reason she can no longer work at school......................I worked with a guy who stuttered and he made 30 yrs + Mel Tillis....................He was fine as long as you had the ability to listen a minute. Stuttering coz your boss yells at U!!! Give me a break.
You'd be surprised how many teachers are on anti-anxiety medication, most people don't understand what teachers go through in urban settings. I have a feeling there is a lot more to that story. In the school system here she wouldn't have gotten disability for that, they would have been required to find her a different position. If it was a direct result of her administrator, they would have moved her to a different school. Maybe she had a really "good" lawyer.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You'd be surprised how many teachers are on anti-anxiety medication, most people don't understand what teachers go through in urban settings. I have a feeling there is a lot more to that story. In the school system here she wouldn't have gotten disability for that, they would have been required to find her a different position. If it was a direct result of her administrator, they would have moved her to a different school. Maybe she had a really "good" lawyer.
I am assuming the lawyer, as she orders so much stuff, she cant be on disability alone. 5-6 pkgs a day from hsn, qvc, Oh waa poor me.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am assuming the lawyer, as she orders so much stuff, she cant be on disability alone. 5-6 pkgs a day from hsn, qvc, Oh waa poor me.
She was likely required to leave her job due to the lawsuit, or perhaps moved too... This is quite common.

You might feel a little compassion if walking in someone else's shoes.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had several people on my route who got disability just for being fat. Most worked for the city. They knew they could get paid to sit at home on their fat asses so had no incentive to lose weight or even attempt to work.

beentheredonethat

My wife's uncle, whom I liked, asked me a few years ago why I was still working. Why don't you go out on disability. I do have a disease that has different levels of intensity. At an extreme it is deadly, during very bad times it can lead to hospitalization etc and would require to go on disability. However, the level I was at, I could still perform my job. So when he asked, I told him, I'm still capable of working. His answer was, yeah, but you could collect disability. For me, that wasn't an option. I was also afraid a bit to "admit" that the disease was getting the better of me. At this time now, the disease is hardly noticeable to myself, and not noticeable at all to others.

I'll admit, I lost a bit of respect for him that day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My wife's uncle, whom I liked, asked me a few years ago why I was still working. Why don't you go out on disability. I do have a disease that has different levels of intensity. At an extreme it is deadly, during very bad times it can lead to hospitalization etc and would require to go on disability. However, the level I was at, I could still perform my job. So when he asked, I told him, I'm still capable of working. His answer was, yeah, but you could collect disability. For me, that wasn't an option. I was also afraid a bit to "admit" that the disease was getting the better of me. At this time now, the disease is hardly noticeable to myself, and not noticeable at all to others.

I'll admit, I lost a bit of respect for him that day.
I'm not really sure what you'd expect him to say. "Yeah your disease is NOTHING, you're really young...when I was your age, I was working weekends too..what's wrong with you?!" It sounds like he cares about your health, versus your job, and he's questioning whether you are putting your health first.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm not really sure what you'd expect him to say. "Yeah your disease is NOTHING, you're really young...when I was your age, I was working weekends too..what's wrong with you?!" It sounds like he cares about your health, versus your job, and he's questioning whether you are putting your health first.

​Saw this response coming from a mile away.

oldngray

nowhere special
captain_obvious.jpg

beentheredonethat

Maybe if he phrased it in those terms about concern for my health and how I'm doing it may have been different. He phrased it as using my disease as an opportunity not to work anymore.