Managment offered me a BRIBE today to withdraw grievance Preload????

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
UPS has posted solid earnings every quarter during the period referenced, record profits of late.
Whether the company finally decided to downsize their bloated managerial ranks during this period does not negate this fact.
LongTimeComing is blaming his stalled career on the down economy instead of a corporate restructuring and managerial downsizing.
I'm not rooting against him, especially if he is all he says he is.
I simply took umbrage in his assertion on union minded Teamsters like ORLY, fightthegoodfight, and myself being our own worse enemies.

Bubblehead,
Your assertion "the economy is down since 2008, but UPS has not been," in regards to FT progression, is false. It's well documented on BC that nationally, many buildings & districts have had hiring freezes (either explicit or de facto) on FT progression, whether it be hourly or management. UPS's record profits have been earned by increasing the productivity of incumbent employees (both hourly & management), as well as expanding other divisions (logistics).

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Look as far as my case goes if i take her to panel i will have 4 ART 37 grievances about yelling name calling mockery intimidation and down right degration...this will be the 4th about retaleation and blackmail...i have a number a SUPS working grievances and about 2 or 3 ART 37 grievances from the other steward stated her calling us "poison to the building" about 3 or 4 reported 1800 numbers made from different employees (machanic and OMS)

All she has on me are these pictures and a write up for misloads that i am contested

Suppose Taken to panel tomorrow how would this go????

If this chick was name calling and mocking and going out of her way to do these things...you MAY have a case. Do you have any other witnesses that are coming along with you? Are you trying to do this alone? The last time you took her on alone, you blew your chance to actually get something on her pretty solid.

As far as the sups working grievances....my advice would be to simplify and focus your case...and get all of the fluff out of the way. Get rid of those, as they will seem like you are just trying to add insult to injury and may lose focus on what you really want.....To get rid of this crazy woman...

Leftinbuilding

Look as far as my case goes if i take her to panel i will have 4 ART 37 grievances about yelling name calling mockery intimidation and down right degration...this will be the 4th about retaleation and blackmail...i have a number a SUPS working grievances and about 2 or 3 ART 37 grievances from the other steward stated her calling us "poison to the building" about 3 or 4 reported 1800 numbers made from different employees (machanic and OMS)

All she has on me are these pictures and a write up for misloads that i am contested

Suppose Taken to panel tomorrow how would this go????

In my opinion, you may win this battle. But you have started a war you can't win. Be interesting to see how long it takes.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You guys seem to be your own worst enemy due to the fact that you seem to have this blind refusal for any 'give and take' with management whatsoever. I think the word someone else used was "Negotiate". Instead, you stretch as far as you can to find ways to further agitate the situation...

As far as my 'stalled' career goes....You don't think the economical downturn had any responsibility in UPS's actions? I'm not a maroon. I know the restructuring and downsizing had loads to do with it. What do you think that is from? When do you think that stuff started? You think I have been holding my breath? No....what I have been doing is waiting patiently for the promotion during a time that saw people being let go, laid off, paid off, bought out, re-positioned, reassigned, demoted, and plain old fired. Would you expect me to say "Screw them 10 years!!! I can find a 60k job anywherez!!!!"? Would you expect me to DEMAND that I deserve to be promoted in the midst of people's lives being changed due to our company's reaction to the economy? I have learned to appreciate the things that I have. I have learned to not take things for granted. I'm not going to put my pouty-face on and try to stick it to the man.

I've worked in Air now for 8 years. I started and worked for 3 years in a major GROUND hub. I've worked nearly everywhere in ground, including delivery. I am as qualified to make educated assessments of both sides of the fence as anyone. You, on the other hand, have shown no knowledge of the air division. There is a HUGE learning curve to work at a gateway and deal with the metric tons of certifications and training required. It's like a different planet. They can't drop any Joe Shmo FT sup into the position and expect any success. This is where I come in. My current full timer is retiring in March. Guess who's position that becomes?

Again, I'm not rooting against you.
You seem like an intellegent, articulate fella.
What I see is you assuming things that just aren't possible to ascertain from this thread, kind of like my barbs towards your lack of career advancement are baseless.
What I see from the facts presented is a harassing manager trying to manufacture game to trade against what now seems to be legitimate harassment grievances from a green steward.
Is there any mention of her acknowledging her shortcomings in an effort to effectuate change?
If things are as you say, why would this bitch be offering to trade off, in an obvious attempt at coercion?
Why isn't she chomping at the bit to defend her innocence?
Yet somehow, you and the like, want to make him out to be the villain.
Could it be that things are exactly as he says?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In my opinion, you may win this battle. But you have started a war you can't win. Be interesting to see how long it takes.

If he openly and righteously does as we say; and documents all that happens in these battles, both victorious and not, the battles will provide him insulation in the ensuing war that will have no end.
The journey will be wrought with peaks and valleys.
It's not for the faint of heart.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Never said he was the villain. I was playing devil's advocate for the sake of helping him in a very tough battle. It seemed as he was beginning to lose focus ...and his case was becoming frivolous and broad. I don't support harassment at all. I've worked for these people myself. But it's not an easy battle, and he needs to make sure his case is bulletproof....and her taking some pictures and talking to him about misloads isn't going to win him anything. Throwing extra 'sups working' cases into the mix will only muddle the main message and goal...Which is to make sure this witch gets what she deserves...

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Again, I'm not rooting against you.
You seem like an intellegent, articulate fella.
What I see is you assuming things that just aren't possible to ascertain from this thread, kind of like my barbs towards your lack of career advancement are baseless.
What I see from the facts presented is a harassing manager trying to manufacture game to trade against what now seems to be legitimate harassment grievances from a green steward.
Is there any mention of her acknowledging her shortcomings in an effort to effectuate change?
If things are as you say, why would this bitch be offering to trade off, in an obvious attempt at coercion?
Why isn't she chomping at the bit to defend her innocence?
Yet somehow, you and the like, want to make him out to be the villain.
Could it be that things are exactly as he says?

He just told it like it is.

The OP has authored numerous threads, including one in which he sought help orchestrating a petition - or equivalent tactic - to get this person removed. He's previously indicated that multiple grievances, phone calls to the HR hotline, conversations with the BA, etc. have been made no avail. This indicates to me that either the harassment is dramatized, or he lacks the support of his co-workers in "fightingthegoodfight." As LongTimeComing has relayed, the threshold to prove harassment is high. Fightingthegoodfight has tried, and lost. He's not "fightingthegoodfight" -- he's fighting a losing battle. He's also indicated he has a family. As his BA has probably told him, the most important thing for him is to ensure that he has a job tomorrow. If he continues his conquest to oust this manager, which well exceeds his job description as a union steward, he's going to lose. If things are intolerably bad, then I suggest he transfer, as he's already done twice before.

Leftinbuilding

If he openly and righteously does as we say; and documents all that happens in these battles, both victorious and not, the battles will provide him insulation in the ensuing war that will have no end.
The journey will be wrought with peaks and valleys.
It's not for the faint of heart.

It seems to me, judging from his comments on this thread, that he has neither the temperment or maturity to be a good steward. He appears out to make a name for himself as the guy that cleaned up xyz center. He seems to be a little impetuous and hot headed which will, some day, cause him to spout off and cost him his job. I have seen it so many times. Desperately craving attention and respect. Guaranteed, he is going to get the attention part.

fightingthegoodfight

Ok listen up...we our union rep along with another union rep came to our center (this was maybe 2-3 weeks ago) in this meeting was

Me(steward #1)
Steward # 2
Driver Steward
Union rep #1
Union rep #2
Tyrant bytch
And other oncar SUP

Grievances were read aloud as i had stated "not even a dog deserves to be treated the way that i was" we "talked" expressed our thoughts/feelings and it was left that both parties were to agree to get along (even though there was NO verbal agreement from her) she looked like it was going through one ear and out the other. She made NO acknowledgment of her wrong doing nor ever came close to an apoligize to me or the other swetard. It was left at she has 128 days to "behave" or we can take her to panel but about 3 weeks later and shes harrassing me again and now blackmailing...why should i just give in and negotiate with her when shes making no effort to build the bridge.

Believe me i am tired of all of this i do want it to stop but the fact that she feels like she did NOTHING wrong pisses me off and she has NOT stopped. i am handed in this grievance tomorrow and who knows what will happen from here...i told my union rep that i want to take this to panel and said he would have the labor director would talk to her...no more updates

And yes things are as bad as they sound...hard to believe i know...try working with her

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
It seems to me, judging from his comments on this thread, that he has neither the temperment or maturity to be a good steward. He appears out to make a name for himself as the guy that cleaned up xyz center. He seems to be a little impetuous and hot headed which will, some day, cause him to spout off and cost him his job. I have seen it so many times. Desperately craving attention and respect. Guaranteed, he is going to get the attention part.

I've been wanting to make this point. If the guy asks for the spotlight....if he is the only guy making all of this noise in this super small center...then do not be so surprised when he gets all of this attention. It's not random...he asked for it. If he's making these accusations, he has to have good evidence and MORE SUPPORT from his local people....hell, why don't you get a PT sup involved too? Do they not see her behavior? Not going to happen if you grieve everyone for everything. It's not a bad thing to have friends.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Good luck. All we are trying to point out is that the stuff that happened 3 weeks after the meeting can be thrown out. We've been telling you how taking pictures and addressing you over your misloads isn't going to be harassment. We've explained how this blackmailing will go nowhere as you gave up your right to have a witness....and it can be called "negotiate" and be thrown out.

I believe you. I believe that she is as bad as she is. A couple of us are trying to tell you, from a management standpoint, how to hone your case. Don't throw every random grievance at them....just the specific stuff dealing with her lack of ability to not be a psycho bitch. Keep it focused and accurate. Get more involved. Don't be alone with her.

Will there ever be a time, from here forward, that she could correct you or question you without you flipping out and yelling harassment? If your answer is no, then realize that you are too emotionally and personally attached to this case, and that you will never win.

KEEP IT FOCUSED AND ACCURATE.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I guess we all have our own biases from opposite sides of the fence.
It's funny how things can be read diferently, by different people.
I guess it stems from individual collections of independant experiences.
Seems to depend on your vantage point.
I see terms like "ambitious" and "somebody trying to make a name for themself" thrown out, all the while wondering what the OP has to gain except a little dignity for himself and his coworkers at a crappy part time job?
Seems like a righteous cause to me.
I wish him well.

Gazelle

Race me!
Tyrant bitch? By you continually referring to her in such a derogatory manor I believe you have a personal vendetta against her.

This makes me believe you have no intentions of trying to make things better. You are putting yourself on her level by making statements like that. "Fighting the good fight" means taking the high road without succumbing to name calling and making it personal.

fightingthegoodfight

Well i will hand in my grievance and mind my p's and q's focusing on NOT getting misloads if i get written up for the 5 misloads i must file something to defend my self right? I understand your point about not jumping the gun on every little thing and believe me i hate the whole grievance process so i will see where this now takes me...but thanks again to all who have been interetsed in my case and i will for sure keep you posted

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
One day, you will realize that you guys are your own worst enemies...

Hey, I'm just trying to add to this guys arsenal of tactics. I, for one, have never filed anything here in my 5 years. I know better then to place the target on myself. I learned this by watching those I saw throw paper at anything. See a sup touch a single box, paper! See a sup help a worker with heavy eregs, paper! Someone isnt wearing their name tag, paper!

Really, I dont see the point, unless its totally necessary. On the grounds of ethics, safety, law and payment. I'd rather blow of the steam elsewhere, let the water flow it all away.

In this matter, I just enjoy reading the show.

The OP, I' m sure UPS does care about the money spent on each file. I know that paper will stop that sup getting their bonus. It also makes them look bad. And really it should. They drop the ball, let them pay for it.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Well i will hand in my grievance and mind my p's and q's focusing on NOT getting misloads if i get written up for the 5 misloads i must file something to defend my self right? I understand your point about not jumping the gun on every little thing and believe me i hate the whole grievance process so i will see where this now takes me...but thanks again to all who have been interetsed in my case and i will for sure keep you posted

You can file over discipline. If they send you a warning letter, file. Letter of termination, file. Punishment as in 3, 5 or 10 day suspension, file and you will paid for those days off. Remember, you are allowed 3 1/2 hours a nighy by contract. You miss them because they punished you for something not in the contract, it should fly high and mighty.

Hell, if they try to send you home, you can demand your 3 1/2 hours doing whatever. Also, if your not on the clock, no sup can talk to you.

Edit: if you file on discipline on things not in contract, UPS has to throw away the attempt from your record.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I guess we all have our own biases from opposite sides of the fence.
It's funny how things can be read diferently, by different people.
I guess it stems from individual collections of independant experiences.
Seems to depend on your vantage point.
I see terms like "ambitious" and "somebody trying to make a name for themself" thrown out, all the while wondering what the OP has to gain except a little dignity for himself and his coworkers at a crappy part time job?
Seems like a righteous cause to me.
I wish him well.

I think he did the right thing in this matter. Sups shouldnt be working, he saw it and tried to take care of it they way the union wants them to. Sure hes upset at her, in these atmospheres its easy to lose ones cool with jacked up people. I just tell most people when they are upset, " hey man, its only cardboard, dont let it get you down.".

Hes just getting the treatment everyone will get after throwing paper at them. He had the ball to do so.

fightingthegoodfight

Ok so heres how things went down today. As everyone one know its MLK day and we are expecting ALOT of known closes for today. Normal monday start time is 5am even with known closes we still start at 5am ( a big mistake i believe) any way when we get there the send agains from fridays local sort are not up at the unload yet so there are 4 or 5 guys working off the clock to get these known closes out of a package car to get them to the unload. Already b4 we start we are 10 min behind then PCM then we start now at about 515

We had a No Call No Show from a driver who was supposed to be on preload. (OMS was not there either so we had preload SUP and one dispatcher) We have two 18 year old kids on lay off that of course do not answer when they are called. Packages are now building up in the vacant 3 trucks. SUP is forced to load and he is getting ROCKED sweating panicing hes stopping the belt hes stacked out (was actually glad to see him do what we do for once) after about an hour a driver comes in to preload. The known closes are coming down so fast and the are going to a guy loading only the mall and he is supposed to scan check and load the known closes into an empty trailor so on paper everything sounds good right?

I load a mulit million dollar account that get a minimum of 100 pieces a day. Half way through the day dispatch hands me a 100+ piece add cut that the company is closed. there are atleast 40+ already loaded. The guy doing known closes can not keep up so the SUP now helps him load the tariler as he scans (did that for about 30-45min) SUP is PISSED sweating balls working not making numbers and actually siding with us that this woman is crazy and killing our opperation. Hes getting reamed in the office for us not making numbers and hes at his breaking point too.

Towards the end of the day belt is flooded and we are now 20min from driver start time with ateast 60% left. Tyrant comes over startes screaming at the Mall/KC loader saying his egress is unacceptable and saying hes the problem blah blah blah. (I am right across from him loading by far the heavest set in the center) i tell her there is just not enough man power to get it down and even with me and our SUP working we still can do it (keep in mind there are now over 500 known closes in this trailor plus he is loading our mall which is always heavy) she tells me to mind my business and this doesnt concern me.

She then comes back with her trusty camera and is still harrassing this guy and is now theatened to fire him for egress send him home for stopping the belt and she is now saying things such as (i could hire a monkey off the street that can load these trucks better than you) she then starts taking pictures of his trucks all of my trucks too...now im PISSED i ask why are you taking pictures of my trucks i thought i had nothing to do with this. She states that i should have been helping him but the egress from the KC have prevented me to. Shes running up and down the belt yelling screaming how if we cant do our jobs she will find new people to do them...pretty much going pysco on EVERYONE

as soon as the drivers get on she sends EVERYBODY home leaving drivers with 20-30 ground volume left plus a HUGE MESS at this point she hasnt even read my blackmail grievance which i find out later she did sign...the best part of all this is now we get to it it all again tomorrow with out our starting being any earlier. and i must now deal with 200+ pieces for one stop on one truck as i will get double shipment from that said closed company.

UGH really hate this place any tips for tomorrow???