Mandatory not so mandatory?

shalang

$14 an hour to start which is a heck a lot more than it was the last contract.
Don't forget about health care, pension, paid holiday sick days vacations etc

I heard Amazon pays a living wage. Maybe they should try there. They don't need millions of dollars worth of health care or pension. Just a living wage.

UPSER1987

They won’t answer you. I complained about the Union failures 3 months ago. The Big Union Thug acted all big and bad. It’s nice to see the forum is changing on the waste of money union! UPS does what they want and the Teamsters does nothing. The Union is divided, just having regional supplements is proof. The unity is gone.
I don’t blame just the union, UPS has failed as well. 13.3% unemployment, HR is closed in my facility. UPS should be hiring 10 per facility a day. As we all know only 1 of those 10 may last as an insider over a month. $14.00 an hour for a now full-time jobs is terrible pay. The union should be embarrassed!

The union is being steamrolled by UPS. You’ll eat :censored2: and like it...

I heard Amazon pays a living wage. Maybe they should try there. They don't need millions of dollars worth of health care or pension. Just a living wage.
I don't think a buck or two an hour or more is living wage.
What minions people fill to realize that a part-time job at UPS is not meant to sustain a family. It is a stepping stone into getting into driving and making some real money.

Get the big picture

shalang

I don't think a buck or two an hour or more is living wage.
What minions people fill to realize that a part-time job at UPS is not meant to sustain a family. It is a stepping stone into getting into driving and making some real money.

Get the big picture

I get it. You get it. They dont get it.

They can quit and another will be in their place tomorrow.

PT Car Washer

$14 an hour to start which is a heck a lot more than it was the last contract.
Don't forget about health care, pension, paid holiday sick days vacations etc
I agree that $14/hr is a lot better then the $8/hr starting pay in 1982 but with the show up bonus many hubs are paying, starting rate should be $20/hr. No health care for 9 months and no Holiday pay for a year and not vested in the pension for 5 years. $14/hr, la de da.

PT Car Washer

New hires dropping like flies in my hub. "Too much labor, too little pay."

This new generation, still living at home with no bills to pay nor education yet expects everything.
The reason 22.4 jobs are a revolving door. Just what UPS wants: a $20/hr delivery driver who will never collect a pension.

gorilla75jdw

Fella's , nobody can force you to report, unless they show up at your home and put a gun to your head . Have some balls and enjoy your two days off each week , guess you want to work extra . If they push discipline, file a grievance each time .

542thruNthru

Uh oh- I hope Indecision doesn't see this. All of a sudden shim is a big union, uh, person.
source-1.gif

muthatrucka

That's our jobs! What's the union doing about it 👀?
I watch a contractor pull my trailer I used to pull every night. It’s amazing to watch other people do our work while they spend all this money training us. They leased a ton of Werner, Triple Crown and Swift trailers so they can give away our work while not being noticed as much. No one does a thing about it.