Manual transmission package cars

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
5ol8iz.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Was one of the last to train on a manual here. Thing had 1.3 million miles and a two point seatbelt.

After qualifying I got sent out with a post office dump and 65 tight resi. Took me til 5 and they never put me in a manual again.
65 tight resi. stops ? Let me guess now you are in a fancy automatic with 300 stops ---

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We have maybe a dozen or so. Now they make the seasoned drivers use them because they don’t force the newbies to learn stick anymore. I always hated driving them, but I miss them now for some strange reason.

evilleace

I miss those trucks. My favorite was the International 4700 with the 7.3 and 5 speed spicer. Tank. Had a transmission problem and was euthanized. Only about 100k miles and was an 01 model. The new automatics are boring and take no skill to drive.

I loved those 5 speeds. Used to shift them without using the clutch. Sometimes I wish I still had one on my route.

Michael Scott

You can’t be a driver at my center and not be proficient at driving a stick. All of the new drivers have to do a road test in one of our POS 25 year old trucks before even starting their packet.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I miss those trucks. My favorite was the International 4700 with the 7.3 and 5 speed spicer. Tank. Had a transmission problem and was euthanized. Only about 100k miles and was an 01 model. The new automatics are boring and take no skill to drive.
You don’t miss that high step though. Knee destroyer.