MAP payout

Myort

Has anyone heard a date we can expect this payout? Usually, they have announced it by now. I simply do not trust this company. I could see them ending this program some day, and likely doing it by screwing people out of their payouts.

dezguy

I don't know what a MAP payout is but here we have a HIPP payout. Before Christmas, the company was pushing us, saying that we were right on target to get a HIPP payout this year but after Christmas, they haven't said a thing. Any time anyone says anything to our DM, he shrugs and gives us an I don't know. It's been 3 years since we've gotten our last HIPP payout and I'm not holding my breath the company is going to do it this year.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Has anyone heard a date we can expect this payout? Usually, they have announced it by now. I simply do not trust this company. I could see them ending this program some day, and likely doing it by screwing people out of their payouts.

Do what I do. I get the days off PLUS get paid. No extra days to wonder whether I will get paid for or not. Win-win! :)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't know what a MAP payout is but here we have a HIPP payout. Before Christmas, the company was pushing us, saying that we were right on target to get a HIPP payout this year but after Christmas, they haven't said a thing. Any time anyone says anything to our DM, he shrugs and gives us an I don't know. It's been 3 years since we've gotten our last HIPP payout and I'm not holding my breath the company is going to do it this year.

We get five sick days every year (used to be ten if you had ten years or more of seniority). Any days we don't use by the end of the fiscal year, we get a payout for. How many sick days do you guys get? Also, what is HIPP?

dezguy

We get five sick days every year (used to be ten if you had ten years or more of seniority). Any days we don't use by the end of the fiscal year, we get a payout for. How many sick days do you guys get? Also, what is HIPP?

We get unlimited sick days at 70% pay. Used to be unlimited at 100%, then went to 5 sick days at 100% and then 70% after that.

HIPP is a performance incentive. Depending on how well the company does, we get a cheque up to 3% of our last years gross pay. We've only gotten it once since it was started 4 or 5 years ago.

vantexan

I think if you've been working all year under the agreement to receive a payout in exchange for not taking sick days they have to honor that. If they decide to end the payout look for them to make an announcement at the end of the fiscal year concerning the upcoming year. Bottom line though they started this program because it saves them money. Wouldn't make sense for them to end it if in the long run it'll cost them more to cover sick days plus still pay you sick pay. And as we all know FedEx rarely, if ever, does anything that doesn't benefit them first.

FedExRookie

I would assume they are paying it out this year but yes I do think soon it will be cut.

I agree but I think it is a dumb move. People will use them, although they count against attendance, we no longer receive raises based on our performance anymore. Hell, handlers don't even receive raises anymore.

DontThrowPackages

Its usually on the second week of June paycheck. This talk has now got me worried. I called 1 time this year and like to think of the MAPP as a summer Bonus. But I see the days coming back when, except for the koolairers, everyone used up their sick days. That will mean more people calling out on snow days, rainy days or 120 degree days. Service suffers.

!Retired!

Its usually on the second week of June paycheck. This talk has now got me worried. I called 1 time this year and like to think of the MAPP as a summer Bonus. But I see the days coming back when, except for the koolairers, everyone used up their sick days. That will mean more people calling out on snow days, rainy days or 120 degree days. Service suffers.
You'll get your payout this year. The talk in here is what might they take away. You probably haven't been around that long. There was a time you didn't get paid for unused sick days. Though it counted against you on your review.

I could care less about when and who call in sick. You say service suffers? I personally don't care anymore. I go in, take out what's on my DRA manifest, and when I'm done....I go home. If I make service, fine....If I don't, fine. There's the extremely rare occasion I go help someone because they have a PM. But, again, that's VERY rare. And I'll only go if my manager asks. He treated me right when we had some problems at home, so I return the favor.

Goldilocks

Payout long time ago did not exist. Probably will be discontinued in the near future. Just call in use your sick days and have 5 extra days off. They don't care about us anymore!

Artee

Or use 4 of your sick days. The only drawback of using all 5, at least right away, is that if you get hurt and have to go out on disability, they make you use your sick days for the first week before disability kicks in. If you have already used your days, you will have to use 5 more. Using 10 sick days within the rolling 12 month window, brings you below the minimum standard and issues you an automatic letter. For some its a slippery slope once you get that first letter.

DontThrowPackages

Or use 4 of your sick days. The only drawback of using all 5, at least right away, is that if you get hurt and have to go out on disability, they make you use your sick days for the first week before disability kicks in. If you have already used your days, you will have to use 5 more. Using 10 sick days within the rolling 12 month window, brings you below the minimum standard and issues you an automatic letter. For some its a slippery slope once you get that first letter.
So let me get this straight. If one goes out on disability after using up 5 sick days, they can give out a letter for basically being injured? Interesting.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Are you in Canada? We haven't had ten sick days in many years.

Artee

Are you in Canada? We haven't had ten sick days in many years.

Nope...in the US. Could be state specific. At my location if you have used your 5 sick days and then injure your back and that is going to put you out for 2 months, you have to use your 5 sick days first before short term disability will kick in. You have already used your 5 sick days earlier, so now you have to use 5 more. Which of course are unpaid. You now have used 10 sick days within 12 months. That will bring you below the minimum percentage, which equates to a letter.

Better hope your injury didn't come at the hands of a preventable accident. There is another letter right there. Now you have 2 letters and are 1 step from the door.

Also in the US FedEx gives you more than 5 sick days. They will only pay you for 5. After that you are taking them for free. After 10 sick days in a rolling 12 month period the consequences start to kick in.