McCain and Palin

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rudy ! Rudy! Rudy! Wasn't he a scream??!! Loved it!

The Gov. of Hawaii did a wonderful job of highlighting the experience of Palin over even Obama.

And Sarah Palin killed !!! The Republican party is feeling the energy tonight. I am pleased with all the participants tonight and it's about time we got a few 'digs' in.

I'm sure the Obama machine were extremely busy trying to keep up with the note taking for responses later.

Let me just say that I would hate to be in Biden's shoes come Oct. for the first debate.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sarah Palin killed !!! The Republican party is feeling the energy tonight. I am pleased with all the participants tonight and it's about time we got a few 'digs' in.

Let me just say that I would hate to be in Biden's shoes come Oct. for the first debate.

Now we know why her nickname Barracuda has stuck over the years.
Add Pit Bull with Lipstick as another nickname.

I agree, Biden will have his hands full.

tieguy

Banned
What a speech!!!!!!! the fight is on now.

The press knows it to.

A few quotes:

"One speech does not a campaign make. Kept at arm's length from the media in the days leading up to the address, Palin now heads out on the campaign trail, where events are less rehearsed, crowds less friendly and the environment less controlled. Even as she spoke, airplanes in Alaska were unloading reporters and political operatives sent to pore through her personal and public life."

"She cuddled her 4-month-old son, Trig, and waved at the adoring crowd like the beauty pageant contestant she once was."

diesel96

That poor 18 yr old kid who got Sarah's daughter pregnant.....I would not want to be in his shoes. Seems like he's being backed into a corner (with a shotgun pointed at his head....JK) and entrapped to marry Sarah's daughter or else. What if he gets cold feet? I mean this is a life altering desicion at 18 and when the limelight is off stage, he may realize that his goals and prime of his life may be altered forever.

As for Sarah......She can jab allright....But now it's time for Obama/Biden to take off the kiddy gloves and put on the big boy gloves, cause she can act tough and aggressive and be on the offensive in a controlled enviroment, but wait till she's out in the actual real world political ring without a telepromtor. There's no calling time out for low blows or pulling the gender card. May the best canidate win. BTW....No offense, but she sounds to Canadian to me..Hey

tieguy

Banned
As for Sarah......She can jab allright....But now it's time for Obama/Biden to take off the kiddy gloves and put on the big boy gloves, cause she can act tough and aggressive and be on the offensive in a controlled enviroment, but wait till she's out in the actual real world political ring without a telepromtor. There's no calling time out for low blows or pulling the gender card. May the best canidate win. BTW....No offense, but she sounds to Canadian to me..Hey

looking forward to it. I was starting to think it was going to be a dull race for the presidency. :happy-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
DIESEL "That poor 18 yr old kid who got Sarah's daughter pregnant.....I would not want to be in his shoes. Seems like he's being backed into a corner (with a shotgun pointed at his head....JK) and entrapped to marry Sarah's daughter or else. What if he gets cold feet? I mean this is a life altering desicion at 18 and when the limelight is off stage, he may realize that his goals and prime of his life may be altered forever."

Both lives will be altered forever, whether they marry or not. Cold feet or not, the baby will need parents in four months. His goals changed when he had sex with her. Like it or not, 18 or not, life as he knew it is over. But goals can change, and having a child at a young age, while difficult, is such a joy.

diesel96

Both lives will be altered forever, whether they marry or not. Cold feet or not, the baby will need parents in four months. His goals changed when he had sex with her. Like it or not, 18 or not, life as he knew it is over. But goals can change, and having a child at a young age, while difficult, is such a joy.

Agree......on your first two sentences, and I'm not promoting the young man to be a deadbeat dad.
Both are to blame for having sex with no protection. It's pretty safe to say this wasn't planned.....Right ?
So what's the rush to get married ?
Shouldn't the very young couple (and baby) maintain a relationship with each other for a compatability and then announce an engagement?
I'm assuming the young couple benefits from family and financial backing where both may persue their education/training towards their eventual careers. But how many times has this story been played out in America with young couples that rush into marriage without a trial period and it ends up in a messy divorce.

over9five

Staff member
That poor 18 yr old kid who got Sarah's daughter pregnant....

Geez, Diesel, didn't she have anything to do with that??? They did an adult thing, and now have adult responsibilities. Time for him to man-up, and it sounds like that's what he's doing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Both are to blame for having sex with no protection. It's pretty safe to say this wasn't planned.....Right ?"

D, no matter what happened, this is still none of our business. It's out in the open and I feel for both of the kids, but they are not the first young couple to find themselves in this predicament.

tieguy

Banned
DIESEL "That poor 18 yr old kid who got Sarah's daughter pregnant.....I would not want to be in his shoes. Seems like he's being backed into a corner (with a shotgun pointed at his head....JK) and entrapped to marry Sarah's daughter or else. What if he gets cold feet? I mean this is a life altering desicion at 18 and when the limelight is off stage, he may realize that his goals and prime of his life may be altered forever."

There is also the possibility that the two are actually crazy about each other and want to get married.

diesel96

Geez, Diesel, didn't she have anything to do with that??? They did an adult thing, and now have adult responsibilities. Time for him to man-up, and it sounds like that's what he's doing.

Settle down over 9.5...don't get your tighty whities in a bunch...jk
I wrote "Sarah's daughter" cause I was to lazy to look up her daughters name. Not only did they do an adult thing, but they did the wild thing with no raincoat on his tally wacker. But "manning up" IMO is not announcing "marriage" so soon. Take a little time, acess the situation, get involved with your responsibilities, and go on from there.:peaceful:

"Both are to blame for having sex with no protection. It's pretty safe to say this wasn't planned.....Right ?"

D, no matter what happened, this is still none of our business. It's out in the open and I feel for both of the kids, but they are not the first young couple to find themselves in this predicament.

Besides Mom running for Vice President and now under the micro-scope,
my whole point is I hope these teenagers don't feel pressured to announce their getting married right away to legitimize their circumstance. Why not wait like 2 years before saying "I Do".
I'm feeling this FLDS-cult-like sensation of a pre-arranged engagment.

over9five

Staff member
Why not wait like 2 years before saying "I Do"

Sure, that works great for the man. He can still go partying, dating, mom will still wash his clothes and feed him.

I just think that is so unfair to the girl, who is now a full-time mom with a full-time baby.

Manning up (to me) means moving in together, and sharing all this new responsibility.

I heard his mom saying they had already planned to marry before any of this even leaked out. (I'm not saying I believe it.... and she didn't say when!)

brett636

Looks like she already passed this test. The teleprompter broke in the middle of her speech, and she completed it completely from memory.

over9five

Staff member
Looks like she already passed this test. The teleprompter broke in the middle of her speech....

Ya, remember Obama at Saddleback without a teleprompter: "uhhh,uhhh,uhhhhh" How many times did he say that???
About as many times as he's voted "present"!!!!!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hillary's reaction to Sarah Palin's Speech...........

Melting-Md-1.jpg

705red

Browncafe Steward
There is also the possibility that the two are actually crazy about each other and want to get married.

Crap what 17 year old thats getting some isnt crazy about the other?

We all should marry as teenagers and im sure we will never have any regrets. How many people on this forum actually married the person they were with at 17?