McCain and Palin

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I agree that they should not rush into marriage, that she should stay at home with her parents, and he should take on responsibility for helping care for the child til they both are done with school.
Diesel I didnt think you meant dead beat daddies are Ok. It may have came across that way. My bad.
My Mom told me to be at least 400 miles away when I told my Dad I was pregnant and wanted to get married. So I was and he tried to convince me to come home and live until I got out of school, then he would gladly give me away (I bet) :happy2: But I knew everything back then, was madly in love, and for us it did not work out. For some it does. My advice now, would be if you are madly in love now, you will still be in 2 yrs. But kids dont listen, we didnt, nothings changed. Heck when you are a teen you know nothing of give and take.

drewed

Shankman
So Obama admitted the surge worked. He tried to play it off that we're not handing off control to the Iraqi's even though we've handed control over of 2 of the largest provinces in Iraq.

The reason I bring this up on this thread is both candidates on the GOP ticket will have or have had sons in Iraq. Theyve known what its like to hope for a quick phone call just to hear theyre ok.

The edge the GOP is their canidates are real, honest citizens.
McCain was a career navy man, went from naval liason gave up an promotion to admiral, and ran for congress. He married a woman that has spent her life giving, touring, and helping people in need, in America and abroad.

Palin mother of 5, union worker married to a union worker. Moved from PTA to mayor of her home town to govenor of her home state. She deals with the issues every American deals with, she has a pregnant teenage daughter and disabled infant.

Between these 2 families, we have the cross section of America, hate the policies, hate the politics but these 2 canidates are America and will do what is right for it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
ME !!! and on Sept 9th it'll be 41 years

Congrats more, and if you have a 25 year old child dont take my post's personal as you are not running for vp.

So Obama admitted the surge worked. He tried to play it off that we're not handing off control to the Iraqi's even though we've handed control over of 2 of the largest provinces in Iraq.

The reason I bring this up on this thread is both candidates on the GOP ticket will have or have had sons in Iraq. Theyve known what its like to hope for a quick phone call just to hear theyre ok.

The edge the GOP is their canidates are real, honest citizens.
McCain was a career navy man, went from naval liason gave up an promotion to admiral, and ran for congress. He married a woman that has spent her life giving, touring, and helping people in need, in America and abroad.

Palin mother of 5, union worker married to a union worker. Moved from PTA to mayor of her home town to govenor of her home state. She deals with the issues every American deals with, she has a pregnant teenage daughter and disabled infant.

Between these 2 families, we have the cross section of America, hate the policies, hate the politics but these 2 canidates are America and will do what is right for it.

Heres my vision of living the american dream. You meet your girl, you court her, you propose to her, you get married buy a nice house have children. But before this all happens you grew up, went to high school possibly college and found yourself a steady job.

Now i know my thought process is probably not the same as everyone elses but thats my way of thinking.

I have 2 sisters that both have children out of wedlock and actually both got pregnant early on and neither of dirt bag fathers are around and my sisters lives are forever changed and not for the better.

I am an irish catholic and yes i have had sex before marraige, but i dont wish what my sisters are going through on anyone. And i would hate to see this message spread out across america by endorsing palin. Imho this will hurt the republican party during this election and i know im in the minority on this board but obama will win.

moreluck

golden ticket member
McCain's speech:

Straightforward, straight talk and I trust him with this country's future and this country's security.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Congrats more, and if you have a 25 year old child dont take my post's personal as you are not running for vp.

Heres my vision of living the american dream. You meet your girl, you court her, you propose to her, you get married buy a nice house have children. But before this all happens you grew up, went to high school possibly college and found yourself a steady job.

Now i know my thought process is probably not the same as everyone elses but thats my way of thinking.

I have 2 sisters that both have children out of wedlock and actually both got pregnant early on and neither of dirt bag fathers are around and my sisters lives are forever changed and not for the better.

I am an irish catholic and yes i have had sex before marraige, but i dont wish what my sisters are going through on anyone. And i would hate to see this message spread out across america by endorsing palin. Imho this will hurt the republican party during this election and i know im in the minority on this board but obama will win.
No one is saying Yes go have sex before marriage. But it happens. And at least she knows who the father is and is with him. Doesnt look like it was a one night stand kinda thing. Liking Palin has nothing to do with this subject actually, it has to do with real change. You are not the minority either, my teamster brothers and sisters like Obama, why I do not know. I happen to like whistleblowers and keeping my money, thats why I like mccain Palin.

diesel96

Sure, that works great for the man. He can still go partying, dating, mom will still wash his clothes and feed him.

I just think that is so unfair to the girl, who is now a full-time mom with a full-time baby.

Manning up (to me) means moving in together, and sharing all this new responsibility.

I heard his mom saying they had already planned to marry before any of this even leaked out. (I'm not saying I believe it.... and she didn't say when!)

The whole point Over, It doesn't matter if they live together (in Sin...oooh) or live seperately and share responsibilities, what's the rush to say "I Do"......she's only seventeen....think of it if she was your daughter.

McCain's speech:

Straightforward, straight talk and I trust him with this country's future and this country's security.

I look at his past that indicates 90% voting record with the Bush Administration. So that leaves only 10% of any real changes with McCain.

tieguy

Banned

I agree with your points on what basically amounts to life and family planning.

I don't know that you can necessarily hold Palin accountable for the actions of her daughter. I had my kids locked down pretty good through life but at some point I had to let them live their lives too. My daughter could have ignored all the good advice mom and dad gave her and made the same mistake but luckily she listened. If she had made that mistake it would not have been due to a lack of effort on teaching her the right way by mom and dad.

I don't think Palin has condoned what happened she has simply chosen to deal with it. And she has chosen to deal with it according to her beliefs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by diesel96
"I look at his past that indicates 90% voting record with the Bush Administration. So that leaves only 10% of any real changes with McCain"

D, a lot of those times were unanimous votes which means Obama voted with Bush also.....things like, honoring Rosa Parks and other celebratory subjects.

brownhorn

I'm an Obama supporter, and when Palin was chosen, I thought it was desperation. Gotta give her props, though. Much like you Repubs say about Obama, she can give a good speech. And she has fired up the base of the Republican party. The next two months will be interesting to say the least.

UPS Lifer

I perfer we leave out moral and religious judgement and influences out of state and Gov't and anyone who thinks differently loses their tax breaks if your group or org. starts endorsing public representatives.
The worst form of immorality are those who judge others based on their own deficiencies and beliefs.

I have not got through the entire thread yet but you just continue to amaze me!

You have spit in the face of all women with your scurrilous attacks on Sarah Palin. and then you have the gaul to type the words above!

You have lost all credibility & respect with me. You really need to apologize to the all women for those condescending comments.

Sarah Palin has my deepest respect and I am proud to be supporting her as the VP candidate.

She is the type of candidate who represents the future of America. I have absolutely no concerns in her ability to run this country. Being a good democrat, I am sure you felt that the peanut farmer did a good job as president.... so why not a soccer mom?

Let's not forget that Reagan was an actor. He knew how to surround himself with the right people.

UPS Lifer

Since we don't have a clear answer as to when life begins we will never agree on abortion. So until then it is a very personal choice it is up to you, your family, your faith, your religion , your God. Therefore that is why I am pro-choice I am pro YOUR choice to decide. Keep it legal, safe and rare

I don't think I could have said it any better. Just because we may support one candidate or another does not mean that we support every one of the points in a particular platform.

I personally can not support abortion but I also cannot force my beliefs on you.

UPS Lifer

DIESEL "That poor 18 yr old kid who got Sarah's daughter pregnant.....I would not want to be in his shoes. Seems like he's being backed into a corner (with a shotgun pointed at his head....JK) and entrapped to marry Sarah's daughter or else. What if he gets cold feet? I mean this is a life altering desicion at 18 and when the limelight is off stage, he may realize that his goals and prime of his life may be altered forever."

Both lives will be altered forever, whether they marry or not. Cold feet or not, the baby will need parents in four months. His goals changed when he had sex with her. Like it or not, 18 or not, life as he knew it is over. But goals can change, and having a child at a young age, while difficult, is such a joy.

Well said! My personal belief is that the Palin family would never force that young man to marry for the wrong reason. My personal belief is that he sees the love in that family and is happy to be part of it. Of course I have nothing to back that on except a hunch!

When I got engaged at 19 years old, I knew that I got the family along with my wife. I saw what was there. It was real and I wanted to be part of it.
I haven't been disappointed! (Please don't show this to my wife) LOL!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I agree with your points on what basically amounts to life and family planning.

I don't know that you can necessarily hold Palin accountable for the actions of her daughter. I had my kids locked down pretty good through life but at some point I had to let them live their lives too. My daughter could have ignored all the good advice mom and dad gave her and made the same mistake but luckily she listened. If she had made that mistake it would not have been due to a lack of effort on teaching her the right way by mom and dad.

I don't think Palin has condoned what happened she has simply chosen to deal with it. And she has chosen to deal with it according to her beliefs.
Of course you have to hold her accountable to a point, her daughter is still a minor. Besides that she if for abstanance and the schools dont teach children how to have safe sex. They would rather avoid the whole discussion and look what happens when its avoided.

I however do agree that the parties family lifes should not be dragged into this mess and should not matter in situations like these. But we all know it will matter to some.

UPS Lifer

Of course you have to hold her accountable to a point, her daughter is still a minor. Besides that she if for abstanance and the schools dont teach children how to have safe sex. They would rather avoid the whole discussion and look what happens when its avoided.

I however do agree that the parties family lifes should not be dragged into this mess and should not matter in situations like these. But we all know it will matter to some.

You stated that Sarah should be held accountable because her daughter was a minor correct?

If so, how did you come to that conclusion?

2nd Question....
If you were Sarah Palin, how would you have made sure that your daughter did not become pregnant?

You stated that Sarah should be held accountable because her daughter was a minor correct?

If so, how did you come to that conclusion?

2nd Question....
If you were Sarah Palin, how would you have made sure that your daughter did not become pregnant?

CHASTITY BELT....that's the only way.