Michelle Obama

floridays

I do have a problem with women who choose to hyphenate their last names when they get married. Unless you are someone famous known by your last name, you need to make a choice—-take his or keep yours. Whenever I have a hyphen sign my board I choose one of their last names to clarify their signature.
Unless of course they are Latina? Quite common in the Spanish culture.
I see you never had the pleasure of dating a Latina.

BrownArmy

I do have a problem with women who choose to hyphenate their last names when they get married. Unless you are someone famous known by your last name, you need to make a choice—-take his or keep yours. Whenever I have a hyphen sign my board I choose one of their last names to clarify their signature.

Why would you possibly care if a man or woman chooses to hyphenate their last name?

floridays

Dem Catholic girls, tho!
Until they get Americanized most are very good family people. I love me some Latina. They are predominantly Catholic, good girls. Very passionate has been my experience, they can put you in your place, that's always a good thing.

vantexan

Unless of course they are Latina? Quite common in the Spanish culture.
I see you never had the pleasure of dating a Latina.
They don't really hyphenate their names. They just put them in a certain order to indicate who each parent was plus their husband. Cultural thing, not a feminist thing.

Sportello

Banned
They don't really hyphenate their names. They just put them in a certain order to indicate who each parent was plus their husband. Cultural thing, not a feminist thing.
Says the expert on dating young, vulnerable, females*.

*I won't use the word 'women', because I think age doesn't matter to you.