Michigan Seasonal Feeder Questions

DblsTrpls

Hey all,

New to the cafe here, and I’m not a UPS employee yet. I have an interview at the Grand Rapids, MI hub tomorrow for a seasonal feeder position. I’m just wondering what the likelihood is of becoming a regular, full time employee from that point, and how long that will take. Any, and all input is welcome. Especially from my fellow Michiganders.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hey all,

New to the cafe here, and I’m not a UPS employee yet. I have an interview at the Grand Rapids, MI hub tomorrow for a seasonal feeder position. I’m just wondering what the likelihood is of becoming a regular, full time employee from that point, and how long that will take. Any, and all input is welcome. Especially from my fellow Michiganders.
‘Nova!!!!!

MyTripisCut

A penny for your thoughts, bud!

D27E4B01-6DB2-40E2-A6DD-B1578403ED2A.png

All blame is on @upschuck

MyTripisCut

I see you’re going to be a lot of help...
Depends on many many things. How big is the Hub, how many feeder runs do they have, how many package drivers are looking to bid to feeder, and the list goes on. Like any seasonal position, your chances are minimal, but feeders seems to love hiring off the street these days, good luck!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hey all,

New to the cafe here, and I’m not a UPS employee yet. I have an interview at the Grand Rapids, MI hub tomorrow for a seasonal feeder position.

This time of year, the position you are interviewing for is "vacation replacement".

I’m just wondering what the likelihood is of becoming a regular, full time employee from that point, and how long that will take.

Follow all the company's methods and safety procedures, never refuse work....

and if you work 1 day after Labor Day, you are a UPS employee.

Any, and all input is welcome. Especially from my fellow Michiganders.

When you get in the door, "make hay, while the sun shines".

Words of wisdom.... from the Motor City Madman.

-Bug-

DblsTrpls

Thank you all for your insight. I’m going in with an open mind, and the hope that they keep me around. I’ll work any hours, any day.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
UPS will tell you anything to get you in the door , you will most likely be the bottom cover driver unless a casual comes in after you , expect to be tossed around the clock constantly, friend up with a guy who’s been in feeders for a while and he will explain what your chances are in the building you work in , I have seen temps get put on !! Don’t be that guy who bitches about the equipment and the hrs you have to keep , most guys did 15 to 20 in a Brownie and don’t want to hear it , trust me ,, always cover your ass
Listen to those willing to help , they don’t care about your experience or how many years you worked at company x , or how things ran at company y , I mean this in a friendly way ,,, good luck

I'm in your area. Don't turn down other prospective permanent jobs with the hopes that you will be hired in at UPS. Like they said above, you are vacation coverage and more likely than not they will cut you loose at the end of the seasonal period.

Special UPS Operator

Just found out I am being considered for a seasonal spot in feeders starting around mid october.

So what does SEASONAL actually mean at UPS??? From October to how long??

Special UPS Operator

It did not occur to me at the time.

How do I make the call back list???

Should I call/email some of the managers???

How do I make my intention known that I want to become a permanent driver??