Michigan Seasonal Feeder Questions

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
If I hit training in IVIS do I get paid for the time?? In this situation available hours are not going down??

Am I being screwed by the trainer??
You are being paid for the time when you’re on training, however it always puts it into a different category on my paycheck. Here the only unpaid time is meal. Break is paid time but doesn’t count towards the 60/70 hour rule. OD time will always go down as generally it is counting down based on the 14 hour rule. The exception to this is when you start your day and have limited hours due to the 60/70 hour rule.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
If I hit training in IVIS do I get paid for the time?? In this situation available hours are not going down??

Am I being screwed by the trainer??
@Special UPS Operator : most likely you are on the 2-week training program, and the first week is unpaid (per your Local's contract). If this is the case you should only be handling/moving empty equipment (trailers). For example: pre-trip and assemble a set (doubles), take a long practice drive (say to a couple other hubs/railyards/centers), then return to your hub, post-trip, break apart set, park empties & dolly. If you are moving loaded trailers or making pickups or trailer swaps at customers, you should be paid.

P

pickup

@Special UPS Operator : most likely you are on the 2-week training program, and the first week is unpaid (per your Local's contract). If this is the case you should only be handling/moving empty equipment (trailers). For example: pre-trip and assemble a set (doubles), take a long practice drive (say to a couple other hubs/railyards/centers), then return to your hub, post-trip, break apart set, park empties & dolly. If you are moving loaded trailers or making pickups or trailer swaps at customers, you should be paid.

Hondo, he is a seasonal driver who I assume came into the position already knowing how to drive. Have you ever heard of a seasonal driver not getting paid for the first week?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hondo, he is a seasonal driver who I assume came into the position already knowing how to drive. Have you ever heard of a seasonal driver not getting paid for the first week?
I’m soo confused !!
So a guy gets trained off the street for a seasonal hire a whole week and he’s not paid ??

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I’m soo confused !!
So a guy gets trained off the street for a seasonal hire a whole week and he’s not paid ??
Not off the street, a part-time employee; who has barely even been here long enough to be considered permanent.
AFAIK, all he (or she) has is a CDL, no experience. Perhaps I am mistaken about that.