Midterm Elections: Countdown to Tuesday, November 8, 2022

newfie

The rich and corporations want the tax breaks they know the GOP will hand them on a silver platter.
George Soro's, Oprah winfrey, and bill Gates will be looking to the republicans for tax breaks? Interesting.

I suppose those tax breaks helped Pelosi, Biden and Maxine waters earn 100's of millions of dollars while earning mid level managers salaries as members of congress?

I'm surprised there is anyone left in the world that still tries to float the argument that one side or the other favors the rich?

newfie

While they cut Social Security payments to widows and orphans to pay for it.
Not completely true. the republicans will eat the orphans to save having to pay for them. :) Perhaps we should abort them before they become orphans since that would appear to be the DNC's approved manor for child care.

newfie

You mean like when Reagan and the Republican Congress raised the Full Retirement Age to 67?
HR 1900 the bill you speak of was sponsored by Dan Rostenkowski a democrat.

that bill passed in 1983.
In 1983 the house was democrat controlled and the senate republican.

did you know they got this thing called Google ?

Last edited:

vantexan

Wrong again. Congress was completely controlled by Democrats when that happened. Republicans took over in January '95 after 40 years of Democrat rule.
I learned something tonight. The Democrats controlled the House of Representatives for 40 years, not the whole Congress. However from 1933 to 1995 the Republicans only controlled both sides of Congress 4 years.

newfie

1669404911054.png